EMS Dispatcher - Denied

Mr Yobo

What do you want to see? –

EMS Dispatcher job under Dispatch but alongside EMS Command. EMS Dispatcher would have access to see where people die and be able to relay the information to EMS and PD. (EMS Dispatcher would be only used for when EMS is online and personal would change roles when no EMS online to avoid “pls revive me staff".)

Why should we add it? –
Too boost not only the Activity of Dispatch but to get EMS more involved in the radio side of things and boost the relationship with EMS and dispatch whilst adding a big upgrade to the roleplay of EMS calls.

What are the advantages of having this? –

EMS’s relationship with Dispatch would be strengthened. Dispatch would be able to see players death on their screen and now be able to Dispatch EMS to the call with Police and everyone else being kept in the loop of a recent death so EMS can get an upper hand if it turns sour.

Who is it mainly for? –
Police. Gov. Dispatch. EMS

Links to any content – N/A

Command of all 3 Departments have agreed and given Permission as well as supporting this decision.

So make this easier.

EMS Dispatch Role.. < can see deaths. Only allowed on when EMS is online. Is not EMS. Is still dispatch. Reason for being EMS Dispatch. They would have access to death screen causing the respawn to cause to players even if EMS offline. To counteract the respawn screen.. they would only be allowed on EMS Dispatch when EMS is online. When EMS is offline they would Switch back to normal Dispatcher.

Dispatcher Role.. < Cant see deaths used when EMS is offline. Is dispatch..

Only one of the two Dispatch to be online at anytime unless one is typing.

Edited by Yobo

Untitled-2.png.340348ae20671cd9033dba833d191c9e.png

- Support 

Although this sounds cool. 

It is most likely going to cause more problems than help. 

If PD dispatch and EMS dispatch are on, then what would happen? It would be very confusing having 2 dispatches at once. Also, it's not really needed, ems dispatch would not need to say or do anything except say "dead person over there" every few minutes. And EMS can't take control of the radio because they're a neutral role, a neutral role can't be commanding officers where to go and how to do it. 

Edited by EternityAgar

PoliceRP Manager

Let debunk your situation here. Since I couldn't fully explain because they said not to make full paragraphs I'll do it here.

Only one Dispatcher will be on. If EMS is currently online an EMS Dispatcher would be online controlling both radios acting as the Dispatcher. 

When EMS Is offline. They will change to Dispatcher so people won't get the revive screen.

It wouldn't be EMS taking control of the role. It would be dispatch. 

This idea is to make a role where dispatch would be able to see dead people. We can't just give that dispatch them selves because then when dispatch is online people would get respawn screen. 

So we make a role for Dispatch to be able to see them but only when EMS is online.

Only one Dispatch. Not two

So. I do recall you creating a Poll about EMS Dispatch and I said no kindly. I've given it a thought.   My idea is.. Underdispatch Jurisdiction create a EMS Dispatch Sub Department. So there would be regular Dispatcher and then an EMS Dispatch both running under Dispatch command. My idea is to have a Separate job where the job "EMS Dispatcher" gets access to deaths. This would mean they would have to have defibs because of how the plugin works. Under this I t would mean that they would only be ever allowed on that Job when EMS is online but when they hop off to switch jobs to regular so people dont complain about the ole "pls revive" EMS Command would play a part of who the possible applications would be and still have an active partake as it would be a Semi Combined Branch.

^ Raw outtake from Command Chat 

• Like 1

+ Support 

This suggestion is very well thought out and organized. I feel like this idea is very good and adds a lot more of roleplay. I feel like we need more controlled communication on radio and I feel like EMS dispatcher will be great for that.

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

15 hours ago, DasCalamity said:

+ Support 

This suggestion is very well thought out and organized. I feel like this idea is very good and adds a lot more of roleplay. I feel like we need more controlled communication on radio and I feel like EMS dispatcher will be great for that.

On 5/24/2019 at 3:48 AM, DasCalamity said:

+ Support 

On 5/24/2019 at 2:48 AM, DasCalamity said:

+ Support 

Ex-SCPRP D-Boi | Security Officer | Senior Moderator/Admin | Ex-Discord Moderator and TS Support Member 

Ex-PoliceRP EMS Dep. Chief |  SWAT CPL | Head Dispatcher | FBI EAD | Interpol HoI | DOC LT | SS SSO | 

+Support

-As of now, it is nearly impossible to dispatch the EMS units.

-Both departments agreed on it

-This will also allow us to send people to investigate the death for more RP

Head Dispatcher Charlie/ Senior Lieutenant Charlie 

~Charlie

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:48 PM, DasCalamity said:

+ Support 

On 5/23/2019 at 6:16 PM, EternityAgar said:

- Support 

Although this sounds cool. 

It is most likely going to cause more problems than help. 

If PD dispatch and EMS dispatch are on, then what would happen? It would be very confusing having 2 dispatches at once. Also, it's not really needed, ems dispatch would not need to say or do anything except say "dead person over there" every few minutes. And EMS can't take control of the radio because they're a neutral role, a neutral role can't be commanding officers where to go and how to do it. 

If I am understanding what you are saying, it would still be hard to dispatch them to Dead people. With this suggestion, It gives us a more realistic feel as now everyone will be able to get dispatched. There should not be anyone confused as only Dispatchers in the dispatch department can use those two jobs. In theory, EMS should radio in about going 10-07/10-06 allowing EMS dispatcher going to the Police Dispatcher.  

Also, @Logan can you send me the rules forums thingy... Don't want to mess anything else up.

~Charlie

Well Fame, Dispatch should always be on patrol 1. So, if we have a dispatcher just chilling in patrol 2, nobody could get dispatched in patrol 1 causing confusion. I hope this answered your question.

~Charlie

So.

We wanted this added so Dispatch can dispatch EMS to deaths,  as Dispatch currently can not see dead people... So we need a way todo that, We wont change channels we still are dispatch we just wana see dead people.

• Fame locked this topic
  • 1 month later...

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason

Lead Account Manager

Backend Operations | Custom  Jobs | Proud Member since 2017