Dr. Ternith Plague's Senior Moderator Promotion Application - Denied

Dr. Ternith Plague

Should I become a Senior Moderator?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should I become a Senior Moderator?

• Yes
    • No

1. What is your in-game name?: Security FTO SM Vytal / MTF E11 CPL Ruby Rose 086R

2. What is your steam name?: [GL] Dr. Ternith Plague

3. What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:234721838

4. Do you have any other experience with staffing? (If yes, explain): Yes, I've been a staff member for two servers, Definitive Networks, and this server, SCP-RP on GamingLight.

5. What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly): Around Mid to Late November in 2018.

6. What date did you make your forums account?: September 18, 2018

7. Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)?: Event Mod

8. How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot)?: I have absolutely no warnings - Proof: https://gyazo.com/e23ad1516534c6d53d1ef8df08af19d7

9. Have you donated?: No, but I do have Bronze for SCP-RP which I won from a giveaway.

10. What rank are you applying for?: Senior Moderator

11. Are you staff on another community (BE HONEST)?: Nope, last time I was Staff elsewhere was around January or February 2019, maybe later.

12. Have you read the staff guidelines at

? You will be tested on it: Yes.

13. Timezone: Eastern Standard Time

14. Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this): Bread, John Wheesley, Rangiatea (SCP-RP), and Campbell (Clone Wars RP)

15. Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum): I think that I deserve the position of Senior Moderator because of my ability to decisively figure out a situation and follow the MOTD (with the Staff Guidelines) to the best of my ability. With a recent situation of FailRP, when I was given evidence of the offender bolting towards a person as 096 to kill them without waiting the required time, I had used my best judgement after hearing their side, and dishing out the punishment. I also think I deserve this position because of my relations with multiple divisions and how I've been able to help them the best I can, such as being active within them and slowly climbing up their ranks. Finally, I think I should receive the position of Senior Moderator is that I've worked in Support Team for over a week, learning how to properly greet people which require sits and how to best help them or direct them to the proper person(s).

16. How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?: First, I would ask the person to calm down kindly, and would try to ask why they Mass RDMed those people. If there is sufficient evidence against him, but he makes a case going against this claim, I would ask for his exact side and then (with all details) give him a warning. Before this, I would check his current warnings, and then notify him about what he did and Warn plus Minge him for 10,000 seconds (if possible with my given rank). If he made a warning appeal, I would show the evidence given and show the logs which I had placed in the Evidence Logs section.

Edited by Dr. Ternith Plague

Author of the OFFICIAL Thing's Rangiatea is not Allowed to do at the Foundation (THRAF)

Former SCP-RP Staff, Event Team, Teamspeak Support Member

Current Riot Trooper Officer, Stormtrooper Sergeant First Class - ImperialRP

+ Support

- Great Event Team member, could be a leader someday

- Takes thing seriously and actually follows the protocol. Something that I admire

- Application looks great

- Loved working aside him

I'm Just a Big Tom and Jerry Fan. 

tenor--1-.gif.701eb66430b7956f5cac65c4ce677b06.gif

+1-1

+1

Good Guy.

Pretty Good Events.

Fun to be around.

-1 I don't see you On the Administration Job for Sits. This might just be me being Ignorant, This might just be because of One reason. I've only been Trial Moderator for Three Days.

If I am wrong about this please take the time to contact me, Either on TS, Discord, Or the Fourms.

Good Luck On your App

Sincerely - Boris.

Trap.—

giphy.gif

+/- Support 

As you are active on the server which is good you are barley on staff from what I see, It could just the time we play, but whenever I see you on you seem to be on Event Team. Your a good person but I don't believe you deserve this rank on staff due to your activity, but good luck 

world things GIF
『Retired Head of Staff on ImperialRP』

2 hours ago, BlackJesus6996 said:

-Support i dont want to be this guy but when you do events you never take sits. 

You aren't supposed to. Other staff members take the sits, it isnt his job to take sits when he does an event. Activity isnt the only thing that is needed, as I dont think you guys understand the levels of maturity work that people on the event teams do. Event teams aren't easy, and hosting events are just like being staff, making the server a fun and enjoyable place to RP and have fun. +Support

• Gaminglight Love 1

11 hours ago, Garlic said:

+ Support

- Takes thing seriously and actually follows the protocol. Something that I admire

2 hours ago, [GL] My Pet named Steve said:

You aren't supposed to. Other staff members take the sits, it isnt his job to take sits when he does an event. Activity isnt the only thing that is needed, as I dont think you guys understand the levels of maturity work that people on the event teams do. Event teams aren't easy, and hosting events are just like being staff, making the server a fun and enjoyable place to RP and have fun. +Support

As my trainer told me and how other staff have done it in the past you ARE suppose to take sits while doing events as Staff comes before RP and it wouldn't matter if you are hosting an event at that time you would just have to stop the RP and take the sit like anything else.

Big Body Tony

spacer.png

-Support If this was for an ET promo it might have been different. It seems like he avoids sits inside and outside of events, you are supposed to take sits while doing events. Makes impulsive decisions without hearing each persons side of the story.  Honestly, if you spent as much time as you did in ET I might have changed my decision.  Using just one example of a sit does not prove you are worthy of the position. While the support team is nice to have on your app it doesn't really tell me why you should be staff other than you know how to greet people. While activity can effect show that you are present but not taking sits is just a big no. Q16 is wrong since as a Senior Mod you can't minge 10,000. 

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

Just now, TideTerror said:

-Support If this was for an ET promo it might have been different. It seems like he avoids sits inside and outside of events, you are supposed to take sits while doing events. Makes impulsive decisions without hearing each persons side of the story.  Honestly, if you spent as much time as you did in ET I might have changed my decision.  Using just one example of a sit does not prove you are worthy of the position. While the support team is nice to have on your app it doesn't really tell me why you should be staff other than you know how to greet people. While activity can effect show that you are present but not taking sits is just a big no. Q16 is wrong since as a Senior Mod you can't minge 10,000. 

11 hours ago, Berserkrpups said:

As my trainer told me and how other staff have done it in the past you ARE suppose to take sits while doing events as Staff comes before RP and it wouldn't matter if you are hosting an event at that time you would just have to stop the RP and take the sit like anything else.

11 hours ago, TideTerror said:

I see you better as event team. Due to that is what you’re more keen too. Since I barely (rarely) see you take Sits. Which you’re suppose to during events. Also the little rant you went into the event team discord. 

*When your Senior Mod application may get denied because you haven't been seen taking that many official sits when some people just happen to stumble upon an actual thing, also because you're in Event Team and also need to do that.* shows that you’re complaining about people’s opinions. And can’t handle two jobs.

Edited by Skela

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

+ Support from me

I've worked with Ternith on a number of occasions and I've never noticed the issues that are being brought up here. When I am working with him on staff he's taken his fair share of calls, and the couple times that I've rolled through to assist him with something his decisions were exactly what I would do after listening to all sides of the story.

On 5/23/2019 at 6:24 PM, BlackJesus6996 said:

-Support i dont want to be this guy but when you do events you never take sits. 

On this point, if there are other staff members online at the time, I can see why Ternith may prioritize his event over staffing, since at that specific moment he is operating as an event team member, and abandoning his event for an extended period of time may result in a negative experience for many more players than the one requesting an admin sit (for a lower priority situation, obviously). If Ternith is the only staff member online, than it may get a little tricky with balancing staffing and the event at the same time.

On 5/23/2019 at 11:00 PM, TideTerror said:

Q16 is wrong since as a Senior Mod you can't minge 10,000. 

He did say "if possible with my given rank". The remainder of his answer was correct and appropriate in my opinion since he hits the major things that I look for, including acting in a professional manner, checking for a history of offenses, gathering evidence of the offense, and describing the different punishments he may pursue.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

On 5/23/2019 at 7:22 PM, Bor said:

+1-1

+1

Good Guy.

Pretty Good Events.

Fun to be around.

-1 I don't see you On the Administration Job for Sits. This might just be me being Ignorant, This might just be because of One reason. I've only been Trial Moderator for Three Days.

If I am wrong about this please take the time to contact me, Either on TS, Discord, Or the Fourms.

Good Luck On your App

Sincerely - Boris.

EX. Ninth Sister, EX. Shock VCMDR, EX E-11 LT, EX General Grevious, EX Senate VCMDR EX Minge      Member Since October 2016                                                            Contact me on Discord @Frozty#5501 for any questions or concerns 

+Support
Ternith does need to work on taking staff sits but, when he does his events usually other staff are on to be able to take the sits. Ternith is a great guy on the event team and he really works hard. I really think he should get senior mod due to sheer dedication to the server in general. He said himself he will be working on taking more sits and I really think he can. 

Also BlackJesus why did you leave two -Supports?

Smartest Lad Here ~ Research Supervisor and  EC Commander Kyle

On 5/23/2019 at 6:12 AM, Garlic said:

+ Support

On 5/23/2019 at 8:30 PM, [GL] My Pet named Steve said:

We don’t run event team the same way policerp does. Staff members can apply to be event team or become staff members while a part of event team. However, they have to take staff calls over any sort of event they met help/be running. And that’s because they agree as a staff member to take sits and make sure any reports/complaints/questions get answered. I’m not saying they can’t ask for someone to handle sits but overall one of the big things that is looked at is the amount of sits that staff member has claimed and it can’t be understated. 

To the people talking about how great he is with events I do have to say that asides from dual involvement in staffing/event team It should have no impact in saying he is ready to be promoted as it does not in any way prove his administrative skills are ready. 

To Ternith

You are a good event team member and moderator. However I think you need to work on your responsiveness to sits when they are unclaimed, remain in support team for longer than a week or two before using it as an example of why you are ready for a promotion, and avoid complaining about your senior mod application in the event team discord.

I don’t think you are ready to be promoted unless those things are worked on.

-Support

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

On 5/24/2019 at 2:00 PM, TideTerror said:

That bald Aussie Guy

DENIED.

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided not to accept you for staff. This can be because of your application, experience, behavior, feedback, or other unstated reasons. You may re-apply in 1 week.

big cat running GIF