addressing some problems within GENSEC

Rangiatea

Hello all, i've been seeing/being told of a few problems on multiple occasions and because i don't want what i say to be lost in discord i will post it here.

Weapons

Ok so first off the weapons, i am more than aware that they weapons need a buff and that they haven't changed in a VERY long time i am currently working on getting new weapons. Continually saying to me and other command “we need new weapons these weapons are trash” will not make the new weapons come any faster, i have used those weapons before and i know that if you have a good tactic and enough people (even 4) you can hold so try your best until those new weapons come.

General Respect

This is NOT just about respecting your higher up/officers but more of just respecting everyone in general, it's not very hard to be at least calm and nice when talking to players, i understand that some players, both D class and foundation can be very annoying to you but just try your best to keep a general level of respect.

Promotions

For NCOs a guide has been made regarding what is expected of you and what we are looking for in terms of promotions. And the enlisted we are mostly looking for competency, but please remember we do not have eyes in the back of our heads and we are not always watching.

FTO’s

Due to our lowered amount of NCO’s coming in and the times without FTO’s online we have been losing players because they don't want to wait 30+ minutes just to get a trainer, at the current moment i am trying to find a solution to fixing this problem however any FTO that is online MUST train trainees if there are trainees online.

Complaining

Ok so here is a biggy for me, hearing constant complaining from GENSEC about guns, their fellow GENSEC being incompetent or useless, and D class weapons. I'm going to say this here and im will not be saying it anywhere else COMPLAINING IN GAME WILL NOT CHANGE A THING. If you wish for something to be changed take it it the suggestions in the discord (if its a GENSEC problem) or the forums. I've heard lots of people just start complaining either in game or in TS that won't fix a thing, and if you REALLY don't like something try suggesting a SOLUTION, it really helps.

Friendly Fire

Im being told once again that friendly fire is becoming a problem within GENSEC. This shouldn't be that much of a problem if someone is in your way don't shoot, if a d class is jumping around you crouch so that you are less likely to be shot from stray bullets from team mates. Any FTO+ or WO+ may take GENSEC for trigger discipline training.

Meetings

Due to a extremely low amount of personal turing up to meetings SOME meetings may be held IN GAME however this does not mean all or most, there will be very few in game meetings hosted. If a in game meeting is hosted it is to be in the meeting room and MTF MUST be at D block before any personal leave.

• Like 1

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

5 minutes ago, StrongOne01 said:

can we also have meeting in discord and not in teamspeak becuase very few peaple have teamspeak

it is by O5's orders for it to be in teamspeak also in the MOTD it does state that if your not on D class you should be in the TS and if CPL+ in gensec you MUST be 

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

Hey rag,

I suggest encouraging new SO’s to join the teamspeak meetings so they can get a feel for how things are done here. I’ve been an SO for a week and a half and had no idea there were meetings until I decided to read the documents on this website. 

Just last night at the meeting, we had several new SO’s on that weren’t aware of the teamspeak meeting. They were playing in-game but no one told them about the meeting. 

Small efforts to include new people generally produce large positive outcomes!

-Krafty