I wish to apologize

Ricardo Retardo

Steam Name: Ricardo Retardo (Original: sam_the_pokeman)

Ingame Name: (Cant remember)

SteamID:STEAM_0:0:100839174

Ban Length: Permanent

Admin that Banned you: Director of Research and Security: Cheif

Reason for Ban: Disrespect during a funeral. 

Dispute: First off, I would like to apologize, I know it is not much, but its all I can do. I signed on thinking it was a regular day. When I signed on someone said they were doing a funeral. I asked in OOC, something along the lines of, "A funeral for a fake person?" I did not know, that this was actually a real person. And If I had I would've shown a tremendous amount of respect. I was still a new member of the community and had not known everyone. I was soon swept into an admin sit, and told that it was for a real person, and that he was going to talk to the rest of the staff. I was quickly pulled into another sit where I was told I was gonna be banned for 3 weeks. My friend came later and told me the deceased was a very good person on the server. So I waited out the 3 weeks, seeing that it was fair. Losing someone and then some asshole comes along, messing in the funeral. I tried to come back only to see I was perma-banned. I am here now to seek forgiveness for what happened, and to be allowed back onto SCPRP. It was a HUGE amount of disrespect, and I only hope to be given a 2nd chance. 

-Ricardo

Need chiefs side

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

-Support 

It legit says on the grave "Beloved SCP Player" and "Fly High Man" on the graves. It's obviously a grave for a dead person. Unless you didn't look before saying that. Either way, i need to hear chiefs side of the story to even consider changing this to a +\- support. Other then that, you deserve your ban for disrespecting the dead. The dead don't come back, so you shouldn't either.

Edited by [icOnic] BonkBoeink

-OG Minge

Hello Ricardo,

So this instance above is why "Context" matters greatly in these staff situations. It was a hard time for alot of people cause a member had actually passed away.  A lot of these people who got banned came onto the server with literally minutes of play time to see funeral adverts. This kind of stuff is not uncommon from people on servers who might just be joking around with other players and I know I'm not the only one. What should have happened is that people should have been pulled into a sit, talked to about what was going on and that it wasn't a joke and then given a warning not a permanent ban instantly for something they had no idea of. It was unfair to those people because obviously they don't know what was going on nor do they know the people involved.

I can't say for the people who kept doing it obviously once they had been told and never pulled into a staff sit because at that point it is their fault but there was a number of people who got banned instantly with like 5-10 minutes of playtime (mostly from loading into server) only to get banned because they had no idea what was going on was an ACTUAL funeral procession and not some joke people messed around with.

He needs to be given a chance because I don't feel like those staff sits were handled correctly unless he intentionally started disrespecting after said warning which then it would be totally understood.

+Support

Edited by Matricies

17 minutes ago, Matricies said:

Hello Ricardo,

So this instance above is why "Context" matters greatly in these staff situations. It was a hard time for alot of people cause a member had actually passed away.  A lot of these people who got banned came onto the server with literally minutes of play time to see funeral adverts. This kind of stuff is not uncommon from people on servers who might just be joking around with other players and I know I'm not the only one. What should have happened is that people should have been pulled into a sit, talked to about what was going on and that it wasn't a joke and then given a warning not a permanent ban instantly for something they had no idea of. It was unfair to those people because obviously they don't know what was going on nor do they know the people involved.

+Support

8 hours ago, Matricies said:

Hello Ricardo,

I can't say for the people who kept doing it obviously once they had been told and never pulled into a staff sit because at that point it is their fault but there was a number of people who got banned instantly with like 5-10 minutes of playtime (mostly from loading into server) only to get banned because they had no idea what was going on was an ACTUAL funeral procession and not some joke people messed around with.

He needs to be given a chance because I don't feel like those staff sits were handled correctly unless he intentionally started disrespecting after said warning which then it would be totally understood.

+Support

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

I do remember you when that situation happened and since

1 you waited a long time before appealing

And 2 you did apologize for the rudeness

So I'll +support 

But we did make it very clear when it was happening and we were told to ban those who disrespected him during the funeral.

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Matricies said:

Hello Ricardo,

+Support

Accepted

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

• th3 locked this topic