Sign in to follow this  
Eris

Let's have a discussion, the state of the server.

Okay, so. We need to discuss this and bridge the gap between the GM Team and the players. There's always been a slight disconnect and little to no communication. I think a thread for discussion with them, the current issues and everything else could be a big help. I'll start off with my personal opinion;

- There's no communication, it just makes everything worse.

- Players don't know how to hold discussion, even I'm at fault of this. OOC after a "bad" event just becomes heated between GMs and players.

- We need more passive RP and RP in general, Science was right in saying there's nil. If GMs or even command/naval did more of this I think the overall experience could be better.

- Do not blame any specific group, a lot of people are at fault of certain things but a lot of what happened couldn't be fixed by one group or is the fault of one group. A revitalization has to be a joint effort.

- Mega events, we know you're under a lot of pressure GMs but we really do like these a lot. Especially campaigns, haven't had one since John Good at least from what I know. That's a long time.

- In conclusion, everyone needs to cool down and pick up their socks. Let's make good use of those new slots.

The Golden era of GMs has passed my homie. Buy I can give some tips.

Good Event Recipe :

1) Music | An event without music is like a movie without music. 60% of an event is basically the music you use.

2) Lore | No contradictions. If events are bad, it means something didnt make sense or someone fucked up somewhere.

3) Good Command | You can have good events, but if the leader is ass, your event will be ass.

4) Good GMs ( of course ). Good luck fixing this. From my experience. People have to be born good tbh. Making a good GM takes months. I remember this one GM that I once REMOVED from the GM team. Couple of months later, he became the HGM. Very cool.

5) No "Event Characters" controlled by players. Last time I was on base, I would say about 20% - 30% were actually role-playing, while the rest were walking around and talking as if they were on teamspeak. Dont put your events in the hands of pepega players.

6) Dont overplan your events. Plan an event from start to finish and I asure you it wont go your way. You needa have level 100 improv.

7) Make people understand that being a GM isnt easy. GM team legit keeps the server alive but gain 0 respect. Fix that and maybe yall wont have ass GMs lmao.

8) Dont ban me for a false reason.

Thats about it I think. 10/10 advise take it before I sell it.

17 minutes ago, IAmSoul said:

The Golden era of GMs has passed my homie. Buy I can give some tips.

Good Event Recipe :

1) Music | An event without music is like a movie without music. 60% of an event is basically the music you use.

2) Lore | No contradictions. If events are bad, it means something didnt make sense or someone fucked up somewhere.

3) Good Command | You can have good events, but if the leader is ass, your event will be ass.

4) Good GMs ( of course ). Good luck fixing this. From my experience. People have to be born good tbh. Making a good GM takes months. I remember this one GM that I once REMOVED from the GM team. Couple of months later, he became the HGM. Very cool.

5) No "Event Characters" controlled by players. Last time I was on base, I would say about 20% - 30% were actually role-playing, while the rest were walking around and talking as if they were on teamspeak. Dont put your events in the hands of pepega players.

6) Dont overplan your events. Plan an event from start to finish and I asure you it wont go your way. You needa have level 100 improv.

7) Make people understand that being a GM isnt easy. GM team legit keeps the server alive but gain 0 respect. Fix that and maybe yall wont have ass GMs lmao.

8) Dont ban me for a false reason.

Thats about it I think. 10/10 advise take it before I sell it.

I don't think music is that important to an event as most disable it anyways. Interesting developments, the overall atmosphere and immersing global comms is usually what does it for me.

I have to disagree. Without music, the event has no set atmosphere. However, if its loud cancerous music, then I can agree with you. But, usual slow build-up music really makes a huge difference, especially when the troops aren't doing anything. It really depends on what music you put. IMO, without music, an event is as tasteless as igneous' ass.

I agree with alot of what's been said but there's alot that hasn't been said I can give it from my point of view. First not every event is gonna be gold. We hear alot of requests for new types of events and we do alot of testing and it'll always have some bugs that need working out. We are sorry if it hurts the event but we are trying to come up with new formulas and ideas. Second, I am currently running a storyline. It involves John good and sorin Markov. These events have been received positively by the community and seem to include everyone. Third, we love feedback but only feedback given as a mature person would. When an event ends and OOC chat is filled with "that sucked I wish it was better" is not feedback. That's complaining. I try to make it a point to go and talk with as many people as I can about my events right after it ends. I like to ask what they liked and how it could be better/more fun. Everytime I do this I get mature amazing feedback that helps me. So basically I feel like the community and the GM's both are at fault sometimes for poor communication. We as GM'S should work harder in talking with the community and the community will in return give better and more helpful feedback. The last thing I wanna touch on is the GM'S time. We understand that we keep the server running. We know there needs to be more passive RP and many things going on all the time. We are trying really hard on ways to solve this. We have made many attempts in the past which all ended in people getting mad. It is not an easy thing to create an environment that requires little GM intervention and a passive RP that is self sustainable. I will say this though to any commanders. If you want a Sim or to go on patrol and find something out there or anything ask me or another GM. We are more than happy to throw something out there for you. Commanders. Feel free to come up with your own mini events that involves your battalion and we will make it happen. So, to sum this all up I just wanna say, Neiman is working really hard to better the GM team. He is very dedicated to the server and we are trying our hardest. We are aware of what's going on and trying to resolve it. Again, if you ever need me to spawn you something or model you I never feel annoyed. PM me in game with any questions or requests. I'll even feel you in on anything you might have missed from my storyline events so you can feel included. Hope this helps.

Alright, Let's start.

On 5/9/2019 at 8:21 AM, IAmSoul said:

The Big Problem with music is that people for some reason despise it. Personally, I love music in events. The only problem I personally see is it's ALWAYS SO LOUD. I can barely hear the orders I'm given, however orders themselves are far and few between.

THIS. I don't know how many times I will have to say it before somebody listens, but so much this. If you come in, uncloak in front of us, and destroy a holocron by adverting it... that doesn't make sense. If you come in, take a holocron, then at least perform a roll and some sort of ritual, that makes sense (EVEN THAT'S A STRETCH)

Good GM's are very hard to find. I will not deny this. In order to get a good gamemaster (speaking out of experience) you need to TRAIN them correct. You need to give them help, help them find an influence. You cant just set them free to become count dooku and give him the dang dark saber. (THESE ARE ALL TRUE STORIES BY THE WAY)

Not much to say about this one, I agree entirely. 

once again... THIS. Dare I say, an unplanned event really is a good one. Most of my Storyline events were never planned, and I would say they turned out alright.

ill add more onto this 2nite

• Like 1

“Look around. We’re one and the same. Same heart, same blood.” – CT 5555

The one thing that annoys me the most are the actors/characters. The result of this can be the fault of the GM or the player. It truly makes a difference whether a GM instructs someone to 'just go kill them' or actually restricts them and provides them with a specific mission. On the other hand, some players take it as an opportunity to get a really powerful villain and kill as many people as they can, thus disregarding the actual essence of role-play. 

1 hour ago, Hoovy said:
THIS. I don't know how many times I will have to say it before somebody listens, but so much this. If you come in, uncloak in front of us, and destroy a holocron by adverting it... that doesn't make sense. If you come in, take a holocron, then at least perform a roll and some sort of ritual, that makes sense (EVEN THAT'S A STRETCH)

I know it might be bias, but I really do agree with this statement. People need to understand that in lore and role-play opening a secure vault to something so valuable isn't as easy as pressing a button and adverting that you stole it. In addition, if a player is doing his job by standing guard at a door and you no-clip through him because you know you might lose in battle, then you have ruined the structure in which we teach people (let alone depriving that person of doing his job, defending) - what is the point of ordering my men to stand at their post if it turns out to be irrelevant and unfair. Common sense and fairness can go a long way.

spacer.png

Head Gamemaster | Clone Wars & Imperial | Yoda | Darth Vader | Moderator