Irwin's Forum Diplomat Application

Irwin

Poll; State your opinion!  

1. 1. Should Irwin be made a Forum Diplomat?

• Yes. (+Support)
    • Maybe. (+/- Support)
    • No. (-Support)

In-Game Name: Irwin

Steam Name: [GL] Irwin

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:210951540

Are you a Senior Moderator+? Yes. I am a senior moderator.

How many posts do you have on the website (150+ REQUIRED)? I have 213 posts on the website!

How often are you online on the forums? I am on the forums daily, reading and browsing different topics. (Every day)

What timezone are you in? Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Why would you want to join our Forum Diplomat team (100 Words Minimum)? I would like to become a Forum Diplomat because I am on the forums every day and would like to help out. I think this would be a great experience and help me learn more about our community. I could be a responsible diplomat and monitor for any prohibited content. I enjoy supervising and settling arguments as well as enforcing rules. I have previous experience with this from being on the staff team. I could be a helpful diplomat and I could create new content for people to enjoy, such as funny posts. This would be a new experience for me on the forums, but my previous experience dealing with arguments, debates, and contentions will help me get through and become a great diplomat. If I were accepted for Forum Diplomat, I would promise to be active, respectful, and responsible. 

Would you consider yourself to have good judgement? If so, how? I consider myself to have good judgment because being part of the staff team meant I had to do lots of sits, and I got better at determining final outcomes of sits and who was at fault or not. This has helped me to learn to make 1 decision, and to stick with it afterward. I learned a lot about the community and how people react to different things, and I am now familiarized with the basic duties of being a staff member, and I am ready to take that experience to the forums.

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming the shoutbox due to getting banned from one of our servers? I would respectfully tell the individual to stop, and then I would hide their messages and contact them privately, perhaps in a PM, and ask why they are doing this and how I could possibly help. I would attempt to offer them help with dealing with their ban and possibly appealing it. Also, I would tell them that spamming chat on the forums would not make them look good and would not help anything. I would try to be as nice as possible and help the person. If they would not listen and would keep spamming, I would contact SMT so the user could be dealt with quickly and efficiently.

I would like to thank everyone for reading this application and stating their opinion on whether or not I should become a diplomat or not. These opinions and thoughts help me to improve and become a better staff member. Thank you, and keep smiling!