PD suggestion

Charlie

Should PD use TS or Discord?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should PD use TS or Discord?

• TS
    • Discord

What do you want to see? PD do not need to be in TS but instead discord.

Why Should we add it? I feel that there are many posts about how PRP is dying and that there needs to be more PD. Now I understand that all gov. uses TS however, Many times that I try training, 3/4 of my cadets refuse to use TeamSpeak and ask why we don't use Discord. Even if we do get the cadets trained. There are many times where PD does not use TeamSpeak (Maybe trainers are not telling them they have to idk). We now even have our own PD discord which will make it convenient as we do not need to make a discord.k this will probably get rejected/denied however I feel that this may help out the # of PD online

What are the advantages of this? Less PRP is dying posts, more PD online,

Who is this mainly for? I'd say everyone

Any additional links? https://gaminglight.com/forums/topic/41102-make-policerp-great-again/ look at lack of PD section

-Charlit 

Edited by Charlie
Additional Links

~Charlie

1 hour ago, Charlit said:

What do you want to see? PD do not need to be in TS but instead discord.

Why Should we add it? I feel that there are many posts about how PRP is dying and that there needs to be more PD. Now I understand that all gov. uses TS however, Many times that I try training, 3/4 of my cadets refuse to use TeamSpeak and ask why we don't use Discord. Even if we do get the cadets trained. There are many times where PD does not use TeamSpeak (Maybe trainers are not telling them they have to idk). We now even have our own PD discord which will make it convenient as we do not need to make a discord.k this will probably get rejected/denied however I feel that this may help out the # of PD online

What are the advantages of this? Less PRP is dying posts, more PD online,

Who is this mainly for? I'd say everyone

Any additional links? https://gaminglight.com/forums/topic/41102-make-policerp-great-again/ look at lack of PD section

-Charlit 

I agree, Discord is Newer and a lot easier for new users to understand.

But then the issue with using a discord is that it's secluded from support, it doesn't have things such as talk powers, it would take ages to set up people's roles, it would mean less communication with other departments as they would use teamspeak, etc.

From a high command point if view, this isn't going to work very well and I know that I would not be willing to sit there changing hundreds of people's roles, moderating the voice channels, making sure everyone is following the discord rules, making sure everyone is in the correct discord channels, etc. 

Retired Deputy Commissioner Bob Bob 1K51

- Support 

The way TS performs and its functionality, makes it easier to find certain channels and who's in them channels when needed. Using discord is a complete pain to find individual people and would not be productive. 

PoliceRP Manager

+Support

• When ever i attempt to train people they either say TS is old and out dated and/or need to install Ts which takes for ever 
  • Doing this or at least having a traing room in discord will lowwer the about of time it takes to train and then we will have more PD on patrol as PRP is dieing 

EX Secret Secret Service ASAIC, EX DOC CPL, EX EMS, EX ARU MSGT, EX Staff Moderator 

PD MSGT, Secret Service SSA Reserve

3 hours ago, EternityAgar said:

- Support 

The way TS performs and its functionality, makes it easier to find certain channels and who's in them channels when needed. Using discord is a complete pain to find individual people and would not be productive. 

3 hours ago, EternityAgar said:

- Support 

Signature.png

5 hours ago, Unkn0wn_F1R3 said:

But then the issue with using a discord is that it's secluded from support, it doesn't have things such as talk powers, it would take ages to set up people's roles, it would mean less communication with other departments as they would use teamspeak, etc.

From a high command point if view, this isn't going to work very well and I know that I would not be willing to sit there changing hundreds of people's roles, moderating the voice channels, making sure everyone is following the discord rules, making sure everyone is in the correct discord channels, etc. 

5 hours ago, EternityAgar said:

- Support 

-Support 

All tho I do make discord severs for people it is not better the TeamSpeak, Teamspeak goes more into what tags or roles you want to call it can do more with what the tag can do or what it cant and it would be harder to contact other depts in discord then TS.

7 hours ago, EternityAgar said:

- Support 

I agree the functionality is so much easier with teamspeak. Especially being teamspeak is already set up meanwhile discord we would have to work a lot to redo the roles and give them certain voice channels permissions. Overall teamspeak is a lot more versatile 

logan2.png

10 hours ago, Unkn0wn_F1R3 said:

- support

As someone who has uses discord for three years (and programs discord bots), it's really simple to set everything up. 

But I don't think we should transfer over to discord because we have Teamspeak already set up. We have the discord server mainly for communication at all times. I would love to use discord instead, just unnecessary. 

Edited by DasCalamity

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

2 hours ago, DasCalamity said:

- support

As someone who has uses discord for three years (and programs discord bots), it's really simple to set everything up. 

But I don't think we should transfer over to discord because we have Teamspeak already set up. We have the discord server mainly for communication at all times. I would love to use discord instead, just unnecessary. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Fame locked this topic