Request for SCP-513's Class Upgrade

Mike_da_noob

*The following document has a clearance level of two. Unauthorized viewing of this material will result in immediate anesthetization.*

Below is a confidential email sent to all of the high command members of the site, they are free to respond to this in character or out of character, either accepting or denying this request (this is a real request). 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

To: 14 Recipients 

This is a formal request for SCP-513 to be immediately upgraded to the keter class, from its current euclid level. I understand that this type of request is normally processed through the classification department, but that would take months to process (we all know their work ethic) and I feel that this issue it imminent. As you are all aware, we recently had an incident in which multiple armed MTF units were subject to SCP-513 through an accidental ring (it is unknown if it truly was an accident). The MTF proceeded to display intense paranoia, outburst, and serve violence towards all other staff. Their condition, combined with their heavy weaponry resulted in 7 GENSEC casualties, 2 researcher causalities, and even 1 NTF causality (excluding the three MTF units who were infected). I believe this could have been prevented if proper, keter procedures were assigned to SCP-513, that is four security must be present during testing, at least one GENSEC should guard the containment at all times, and [REDACTED] procedures should be considered if a containment breach were to take place.

I am hoping at least one of you would take this request into consideration given the amount of damage the SCP has caused already. I apologize in advance towards the classification department. Thank you for your time,

Senior Researcher Johnson.

Secure,

Contain,

Protect.

Property of The Foundation. Any interception of this material is strictly forbidden and will be met with legal and lawful force regardless of international location. 

Related image

Further Viewing of this file without proper inoculation will result in memory loss of the pass twenty four (24) hours.

You have been warned........

Further Viewing Detected.........

75 mg aerosolized Class B Amnestics deployed.........

Deployment Confirmed...........

Connection Terminated.............

• Like 1

Upgrade the security clearance needed to access it's containment locker. We don't need Keter classification for an object easily contained. After reviewing security footage I can safely state that the only reason the bell was rung in the first place was due to blatant disregard for standard safety protocol for stationary anomalous objects. Keter designation is reserved for objects that exhibit properties that make it dangerous AND hard to contain (hence the reason 173 remains Euclid, all you have to do is stare at it). Revised containment protocols/testing restrictions are recommended but a Keter upgrade would not fall in line with how we have come to designate Keter objects in the past

-MTF Nu7 SSGT Knuckles (Designated responder to the scene of the breach)

Object Class FAQ

What is the Locked Box Test?
The Locked Box Test is an informal guideline used to determine an object's most appropriate Object Class. It goes like this:

• If you lock it in a box, leave it alone, and nothing bad will happen, then it's probably Safe.
  • If you lock it in a box, leave it alone, and you're not entirely sure what will happen, then it's probably Euclid.
  • If you lock it in a box, leave it alone, and it easily escapes, then it's probably Keter.
  • If it is the box, then it's probably Thaumiel.

Note that as a special consideration, something that is autonomous, alive, and/or sapient is almost always at least Euclid-class. That is, if you lock a living thing in a box and forget about it, it will eventually suffocate or starve to death, and that's not a good outcome. Something that is intelligent could also end up being smart enough to outwit its containment procedures and/or stop cooperating with the Foundation's attempts to contain it, making it more dangerous than it otherwise might be.

Edited by Knuckles
Locked box test

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!