Why PoliceRP is dying - Accepted

Midget Warlord

What you want to see? - I want to see the old rule, that forced criminals to RP rather than simply shoot cops, reinstated. There is a link at the bottom that shows EXACTLY what the problem is. Watch it before continuing to read this. I will describe the problem. PoliceRP is a dying server, and it's because the criminals of the server are being extremely selfish, and only doing the RP that they enjoy. This is almost exclusively limited to Shooting the Police or getting into Police chases, and then getting out and killing them all after they finally crash. They do it for even the simplest of Police situations. The video below depicts them turning a simple stop into a massive police chase, and while it does not show it in the video, they did eventually end it with a shooting. Also depicted in the video, was myself describing why the Police overreacted to a simple stop, and that is because it is NEVER just a simple stop. It always turns into a gunfight or a police chase that the police will never win. Or, if not all the time (for those of you who will say "I don't do that" or "not everyone does that" I reply with "It happens waaaayyyyy too much") Now, this can and always will be countered with statements like "The PD are just bad" or "If the police tried harder" and crap like that. That isn't the point of this. The point of it is that YOU ARE KILLING THE SERVER. Even the HEAD ADMIN is participating in this! The cops either never get on or flat out left because four custom classes can wipe out the entire police department, FBI, and SWAT team. There are never enough of them to do anything about it, and it turns into this vicious cycle that gets more and more of our government classes to leave or stop trying. I even found myself on FBI and thinking I should turn the other way, simply out of fear of loosing the weapons I had. If you guys are just going to dismiss this idea as BS, or simply think that I am complaining, or that I need to "get good and stop complaining" then I'm just going to leave. I cannot and will not deal with that level blindness. I know you all remember when the server used to have 80 to 90 players EVERY NIGHT. Now, we're lucky if we get 60 on a Friday night. If you can't see it, then it's too late already. Please turn it around, I've put A LOT of time and money into this server (I've got more than 1200 hours in Gaminglight servers, though I cannot prove it, but I can prove that I have spent more than $700 of my Hard earned money, the stuff that I worked my ass off for, and gave to you) ALSO: If this is already in progress of being fixed, it needs to be fixed faster. It's been several months that this has been happening, and it's very nearly too late.

Why should we add it? - Because the server is dying, and while this may not be the best idea to solve it, I also haven't seen anyone else trying.

What are the advantages of having this? - Obvious.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone.

Links to any content - https://youtu.be/Y4t52TaWvDE

Edited by Midget Warlord

i mean the video doesnt show much, but i have to agree with you about criminals rarely roleplaying and hence PD and players are leaving due to it, resulting in PRP to slowly decrease in popularity.

Id like to see some roleplay once in a while, and i think that it should be enforced.

so im gonna +Support this thread but more ideas need to be layed out and explained and maybe get some more video proof of the issues.

Retired Deputy Commissioner Bob Bob 1K51

3 minutes ago, BigJohnny said:

Video doesn’t show anything really. Shootouts don’t happen because of a “traffic stop” it’s because people don’t want to be forced out of their cars and be abused by the crooked police.

Sorry, what? I've never once seen that happen... And if you're being pulled over by "Corrupt PD" then you should call a staff, not shoot them. Or, here's an Idea for those that do it, maybe try to RP it out?

3 minutes ago, Midget Warlord said:

Sorry, what? I've never once seen that happen... And if you're being pulled over by "Corrupt PD" then you should call a staff, not shoot them. Or, here's an Idea for those that do it, maybe try to RP it out?

LMFAO yeah calling staff is rping it out 

12 hours ago, Unkn0wn_F1R3 said:

i mean the video doesnt show much, but i have to agree with you about criminals rarely roleplaying and hence PD and players are leaving due to it, resulting in PRP to slowly decrease in popularity.

Id like to see some roleplay once in a while, and i think that it should be enforced.

so im gonna +Support this thread but more ideas need to be layed out and explained and maybe get some more video proof of the issues.

I agree, I just feel like it's just not about criminals. I feel like police do not roleplay like they should. For instance arresting a person because they are wanted. They take more roleplay opportunity's and use them. 

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

45 minutes ago, DasCalamity said:

I agree, I just feel like it's just not about criminals. I feel like police do not roleplay like they should. For instance arresting a person because they are wanted. They take more roleplay opportunity's and use them. 

Your supposed to arrest wanted people... That's something you do in real life...

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn_F1R3 said:

Your supposed to arrest wanted people... That's something you do in real life...

I Think he means by the huge RED WANTED SIGN above there head

14 hours ago, BigJohnny said:

Video doesn’t show anything really. Shootouts don’t happen because of a “traffic stop” it’s because people don’t want to be forced out of their cars and be abused by the crooked police.

They do tho they really do, Earlier today i was RPing as PD and pulled over someone and immediantly got rammed by a sports car and lit up with a Negev... Barley had time to hit my panic and when more units arrived (about 3) We all kinda died. All over a $250 ticket... I Understand that its Kinda realistic and fun for the crims but PLEASE think about it before you decide to just see light drift hop out and laser a PD

Speaking from a Crim and PD player it is fun to mess with the PD but its not fun to deal with it as PD

And for the Suggestion itself i gotta say MASSIVE SUPPORTit is true CC's can take out the whole PD, SWAT, FBI, CERT, SRT and all other Units. how ever you gotta know that the CC problem cant really be fixed. you cant just DELETE THEM, people payed good money for it. so yeah, Gotta agree with everything here.

Honestly +support.
I will admit sometimes though, I do enjoy a good pursuit as crim.  Because if done right you can have more RP during and at the end, if you crash or if you try to hide.  But sometimes you get that one Gov that shoots your car up before you can even try.  That makes me get in a shootout, because if THEY don't want to RP it out right, then I sure as heck don't want to bother trying and putting my energy into it.

8 hours ago, Unkn0wn_F1R3 said:

I am talking about the roleplay, A lot of cops don't roleplay before arresting. 

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

1 hour ago, DasCalamity said:

I am talking about the roleplay, A lot of cops don't roleplay before arresting. 

Because most of the time they just get straight up shot, they don't get the chance to RP it. Anymore, they have to rush to throw the person in jail before someone manages to free them or kill the cop because of "Family Abilities" and what-not. I'm sure that if given the chance for more RP, you'd see more of it happening.

Edited by Midget Warlord

6 hours ago, Ronin said:

Honestly +support.
I will admit sometimes though, I do enjoy a good pursuit as crim.  Because if done right you can have more RP during and at the end, if you crash or if you try to hide.  But sometimes you get that one Gov that shoots your car up before you can even try.  That makes me get in a shootout, because if THEY don't want to RP it out right, then I sure as heck don't want to bother trying and putting my energy into it.

Signature.png

theres lots of reasons 

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

+Support, However

I am sick of both sides of Criminal and Government not willing to RP

Recentley, we were in a hostage negotiation, in which the government officials had no intent to RP this out, and of which ruined any sort of RP within it. It also sickens me on government whenever we get in shootouts every 5 minutes. I am done with this "No RP". I want PoliceRP to actually be a roleplay server, not a DarkRP Server where it's just running around and shooting everyone.

53 minutes ago, [GL] My Pet named Steve said:

+Support, However

I am sick of both sides of Criminal and Government not willing to RP

Recentley, we were in a hostage negotiation, in which the government officials had no intent to RP this out, and of which ruined any sort of RP within it. It also sickens me on government whenever we get in shootouts every 5 minutes. I am done with this "No RP". I want PoliceRP to actually be a roleplay server, not a DarkRP Server where it's just running around and shooting everyone.

i feel crims dont rp as much as gov there is very few times i hear about that a gov fail rp and of the very few that get called its most likely tazer rush or rdm crossfire

4 hours ago, BigJohnny said:

Don’t criminals run from police? If it means keeping their freedom they will start clapping the cops. 

Some criminals do run from the police, but the majority of people don't in real life. Whereas in PoliceRP, probably at least 90% of criminals run from police. Keeping their freedom doesn't mean whipping out a Negev from their back pocket and massacaring all the PD, that would end in their death which is not freedom.

44 minutes ago, Unkn0wn_F1R3 said:

Some criminals do run from the police, but the majority of people don't in real life. Whereas in PoliceRP, probably at least 90% of criminals run from police. Keeping their freedom doesn't mean whipping out a Negev from their back pocket and massacaring all the PD, that would end in their death which is not freedom.

Half the time the Criminal doesnt die though... Like i said ive seen 4 PD and 2 Tac units all get shredded by about 2 Criminals...

1st off have y'all ever tried rp with state police ?

2ndly Agreed that something needs to be done but I've seen people role play border rp better than they do regular rp. Keep in mind it's just something we do for fun but it has better role play than 99 percent of the time soo thats saying something. Cough nicolasss cough

And to criminals when was the last time you role played something out this server isn't cops vs robbers it's POLICERP minus the do as of now 

So +support

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people's thinking." -Steve Jobs

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." -Babe Ruth

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." -Thomas A. Edison

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss