Jason's Staff Application - Denied

[GL] JasonG

Jason's Staff Application +1 and -1  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Voting

• +1

1. What is your in-game name?: I have a few names I go by, the first being Researcher Nick G, the second name I go by is MTF E11 FM PFC Jason 912J, lastly I’m known as Someone J.

What is your steam name?:My steam name is Optimus Prime. (My name may change in time.)

What is your steam ID?: My steam id is STEAM_0:0:78988321.

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain): I have quite a bit of experience on being part of a staff team. I would need to say the biggest community I’ve been staff on is Icefuse. I was a moderator and played as a staff member for about a year. I also have some experience on owning a server. (Server didn't last that long)

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly): I’ve been playing on the community for about a year. I joined the server around 2016-2017. I was active for about 4-5 months until something happens that changed my life. I’m now active on the SCP RP server!

What date did you make your forums account?: I made my forums account on June 7th 2017.

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)?: My current rank is Silver V.I.P!

How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot)?: I have 8 warns as of right now but I’ll be trying to get them removed since they are older than a year old.

unknown.png?width=400&height=225

Have you donated? Yes I have donated on Police Rp and SCP Rp. Silver on SCP and V.I.P+ on Police Rp.

What rank are you applying for?: I’m currently applying for Trial Moderator!

Are you staff on another community (BE HONEST)?: I’ve quite being staff on all of the server’s I was staff on since I wanted to switch to SCP rp. (Servers where dead)

Have you read the staff guidelines: I’ve read the staff guidelines a few times. I don’t have it memorized so I’ll keep reading it.

? You will be tested on it:I understand that I’ll be tested on this.

Timezone: My current timezone is CST. (Not going to change for a long time)

Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this): I was told I don’t need permission to apply for Trial Moderator.

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum): I think I could be staff for a multitude of reasons. The first being that I'm respectful to the community. What I mean by this is I'll respect people until they do something to lose that respect. Another reason I think I could become this rank is because I don't abuse. I know a lot of people say this and some don't still abuse. I would need to say I've learned the hard way not abuse your powers. I also think I should be staff because I've been dedicated to this community before. Like I stated before I use to play on this community awhile back. I would also like to state that I enjoy being staff on community. I say this because I love the feeling of help community out when they need help! I've seen that people need staff on SCP rp as of recently and I would like to be one of the people to go and help them not just sit for the side lines. I also think I'm fit for this job since I can spend most of day on this community. I have nothing where I love to do so I sit on my computer and just play games. I think I can spend 4-5 hours a day on the server. Lastly I think I should be staff is because I will dedicate myself to this community. I'll try my best not to fail at the job I was presented witch would be this server. All I hope is you will vote fairly on my staff application. Please don't base it just on the application please try to meet me in-game and give me your opinion on me. Love you all!

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?: The First thing I would do is calmly bring them and try to talk things over. If they where to continue cursing me out then I would verbally warn them three times. If they would keep doing this I would then warn them (Real warn). If they would like continue this I would then proceed to tell them that I would gag them. If it would lead to me gaging him I would then warn him for the same thing. If he would like to spam chat I would then antiminge them for spamming chat. If it would continue I would mute him, anti minge,  and then ban him for RDM.

Edited by [Really Sic}jason
Hard to read and had to fix one thing.

This will be the last time I make a comment on my application.

I'm sorry if I didn't leave it as the original.  I changed it so it was easier to read. I'm also sorry that I deleted my first comment, I men't to press edit then I pressed delete. Thank you all that have read my application!

-Jason

- Support

I had a difficult time making a decision on how to support your application, but I decided on - support. On the topic of your 8 warnings, I'm not holding those against you because they occurred in 2017 on PoliceRP. You've had no documented issues since then, so I'm willing to let those slide. Moving on to your activity on the forums, you've also had your forum account since 2017, however, you've only made a total of 10 posts. Generally, we like to see applicants having a strong presence on the forums because it shows a commitment to our server, which you seem to lack. 

Moving forward to question 16, some of your answer is correct, while others are not. I like that you showed some critical thinking by saying how you would react to different things that may occur in the sit, such as verbally warning him to comply before taking further actions. However, issuing a second warning after gagging him is excessive. A warning should be issued at the end of a sit or the conduct. Unless extraordinary circumstances occur, you shouldn't come out of an admin sit having issued two different warnings. A minge would be warranted in this instance, but you didn't provide a time limit for the minge. Keep in mind, as a potential trial moderator, you are only able to issue up to 300 seconds. Anything more than that would require a higher ranked staff member. As a trial moderator, you do not have the ability to ban someone. Additionally, in this type of situation, a minge is a much more proportional response. Bans are typically used for highly abusive chat (racism, homophobia, etc) or threats against the server.

Personally, I don't like the "no commenting on your own application" thing. If someone has a question, or you have information you'd like to add to a point someone brings up, you should be able to do so. So I never hold that particular point against people. In any case, I'd recommend taking some time to further familiarize yourself with the staff handbook and get further involved in the server before applying again.

Edited by Rookieblue
Edited to address commenting on own application point.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

1 hour ago, Rookieblue said:

- Support

I had a difficult time making a decision on how to support your application, but I decided on - support. On the topic of your 8 warnings, I'm not holding those against you because they occurred in 2017 on PoliceRP. You've had no documented issues since then, so I'm willing to let those slide. Moving on to your activity on the forums, you've also had your forum account since 2017, however, you've only made a total of 10 posts. Generally, we like to see applicants having a strong presence on the forums because it shows a commitment to our server, which you seem to lack. 

Moving forward to question 16, some of your answer is correct, while others are not. I like that you showed some critical thinking by saying how you would react to different things that may occur in the sit, such as verbally warning him to comply before taking further actions. However, issuing a second warning after gagging him is excessive. A warning should be issued at the end of a sit or the conduct. Unless extraordinary circumstances occur, you shouldn't come out of an admin sit having issued two different warnings. A minge would be warranted in this instance, but you didn't provide a time limit for the minge. Keep in mind, as a potential trial moderator, you are only able to issue up to 300 seconds. Anything more than that would require a higher ranked staff member. As a trial moderator, you do not have the ability to ban someone. Additionally, in this type of situation, a minge is a much more proportional response. Bans are typically used for highly abusive chat (racism, homophobia, etc) or threats against the server.

I'd recommend taking some time to further familiarize yourself with the staff handbook and get further involved in the server before applying again.

-Support

Commented on your own application

3 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

- Support

Personally, I don't like the "no commenting on your own application" thing. If someone has a question, or you have information you'd like to add to a point someone brings up, you should be able to do so. So I never hold that particular point against people. In any case, I'd recommend taking some time to further familiarize yourself with the staff handbook and get further involved in the server before applying again.

-Support You just posted on other staff apps to boost your post count when they told you weren't active on the forums. You also aren't able to post on your app, but if you have a problem with your app you should contact using pms.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

3 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

- Support

lol, lmao even