The Gaming Goat's Trail Moderator Application - Denied

The Gaming Goat

Should i be staff  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Should i be staff

1. What is your in-game name?: The Gaming Goat

2. What is your steam name?: The Gaming Goat

3. What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:183269254

4. Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) Not really I did try to apply for omni edd but then im like "why would I do that?" and I left the server not long after 

5. What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) around the beginning of February

6. What date did you make your forums account? February 17th 

7. Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)? Bronze

8. How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot)? https://imgur.com/j3jEMRY

9. Have you donated? yes 10 US dollars 

10. What rank are you applying for? Trial Moderator

11. ? You will be tested on it:

12. Timezone:  Eastern 

13. Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this): I GoT PeRmIsIoN FrOm mY CaT but really im applying for t mod so I don't need permission

14. Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)  I believe that I deserve the rank because I have been on this server for a good amount of time and yes I was event team for an amount of time but I couldn't handle that power. I have seen and read the rules a lot and I think handling players would be something for me because I feel like there is never enough staff on and I would like to help players that are having a hard time with others. And also dealing with mingy players that make peoples other experiences bad would be nice because of the respect people give you. Another thing is I love helping this server in any way and being staff would be a fun experience because users always need help if its Problems with other players someone needs a whitelist or they sat in a chair that didn't like them so they are in the ceiling. My final reason is I have read and understood the rules and I see players doing stuff LIKE LETTING MY CLASS D OUT OF CUFFS and it makes me mad that there's not much I can do about it so that's another reason im applying for staff.

15. How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you? If someone is Mass RDMing I would bring them into a sit and freeze the person and if they repeatedly cursed at me I would gag/mute them Then after I would give them a 10,000 second minge

Edited by The Gaming Goat
Forgot the last part

+/Support

- Good App for most part

- Nice guy

- Quite Active from what I've seen

- "see players doing stuff LIKE LETTING MY CLASS D OUT OF CUFFS and it makes me mad that there's not much I can do about it so that's another reason im applying for staff." seems like you would use your powers off-duty, but I could be wrong there.

- Q16 is a little bit wrong, you would have to contact a high up to administer a 10,000 second minge as a T-Mod can only do 300 seconds max.

- Your response to Q13 makes you seem unprofessional but I'm not sure if that accounts to anything.

Ex-SCPRP D-Boi | Security Officer | Senior Moderator/Admin | Ex-Discord Moderator and TS Support Member 

Ex-PoliceRP EMS Dep. Chief |  SWAT CPL | Head Dispatcher | FBI EAD | Interpol HoI | DOC LT | SS SSO | 

- Support

While you are very active on the server, your app demonstrates a lack of professionalism that makes me question your ability to maintain professionalism while on staff duty. You only have one warning on our servers, which was over a month ago so I'm not holding that against you. Your application seems rushed, as you did not answer whether you read the staff handbook, which may be why question 16 was wrong. Your "meme" response to question 13 doesn't put you in a good light here. A major red flag for me is "I was event team for an amount of time but I couldn't handle that power." As a staff member you will have similar powers to that of the event team, and if you weren't able to handle the power then, why would you be able to handle the power now? 

However, your answer to question 16 was incorrect. For this question, I typically like to see that the applicant has thought through the scenario and demonstrated how they would react if different outcomes were to occur. In your answer, you answered how you would effectively stop the person from talking over you so you could say your piece, which is good. However, as a trial moderator, you are not authorized to give out 10,000 second minges, which is stated in the staff handbook. Additionally, the lack of a warning being issued is also a concern, as there will be no documentation of the incident having taken place for other staff members to see if the person takes similar action down the line.

If you decide to reapply for staff in the future, I recommend taking more time to fill out the application properly, give the staff handbook a thorough reading, and demonstrate why you would be an asset to the staffing team, rather than a liability.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

7 minutes ago, Rookieblue said:

- Support

While you are very active on the server, your app demonstrates a lack of professionalism that makes me question your ability to maintain professionalism while on staff duty. You only have one warning on our servers, which was over a month ago so I'm not holding that against you. Your application seems rushed, as you did not answer whether you read the staff handbook, which may be why question 16 was wrong. Your "meme" response to question 13 doesn't put you in a good light here. A major red flag for me is "I was event team for an amount of time but I couldn't handle that power." As a staff member you will have similar powers to that of the event team, and if you weren't able to handle the power then, why would you be able to handle the power now? 

However, your answer to question 16 was incorrect. For this question, I typically like to see that the applicant has thought through the scenario and demonstrated how they would react if different outcomes were to occur. In your answer, you answered how you would effectively stop the person from talking over you so you could say your piece, which is good. However, as a trial moderator, you are not authorized to give out 10,000 second minges, which is stated in the staff handbook. Additionally, the lack of a warning being issued is also a concern, as there will be no documentation of the incident having taken place for other staff members to see if the person takes similar action down the line.

If you decide to reapply for staff in the future, I recommend taking more time to fill out the application properly, give the staff handbook a thorough reading, and demonstrate why you would be an asset to the staffing team, rather than a liability.

As your short time in the event team as you said you couldn't handle the power you also weren't that responsible with it either.

Big Body Tony

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Rookieblue said:

- Support

1 hour ago, Berserkerpups said:

As your short time in the event team as you said you couldn't handle the power you also weren't that responsible with it either.

world things GIF
『Retired Head of Staff on ImperialRP』

18 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

- Support

Seeing what you said about not being able to handle the power then I agree that you shouldn't have it

-Support

Edited by ChimpMusic

+/Support

- The application has detail.

- Overall Nice guy!

- He's been active for the most part.  He's been apart of the server as long as I've been around and I've seen him on everyday.

I think you would use the power for the wrong thing. You stated that you where event team but the power went to your head. 

- Q16 is a little wrong from what I seen people saying.

On 4/18/2019 at 8:41 PM, Rookieblue said:

- Support

On 4/18/2019 at 8:49 PM, Berserkerpups said:

On 4/18/2019 at 2:41 PM, Rookieblue said:

- Support