What being a FireFighter is about...

ARG

Being a Firefighter doesn't mean you just take out fires it's making the ultimate sacrifice because at a moments notice we're ready to charge headfirst into hell on earth we leave our families and the comfort of safety behind us all for a stranger in need. It's where you and your co workers turn into family. It's when you put someone else's need in front of yours. The second you put that air-packv on and pull back on the straps for your mask and pull your hood up click that helmet in (Right handed searches mean right hand onto the wall searching left hand searching on the floor and person behind you has their hand on your left ankle but if it was a left handed search their hand is gonna be on my right ankle) run inside that building with or without that hose my company will always remember this "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends"-John 15:13    But the second you don't feel that hand on your ankle you start screaming your partners name louder and louder until you hear nothing that's when you call in Mayday and either RIT saves your ass or your whole company jumps in because I've been on that side when you hear it on the the radio Mayday Mayday and then you hear the tones then dispatch calls in multiple companies nearby but I swear to god your heart stops the second you hear it get called in but once I've heard on the radio where one went down and the whole company jumped in just to try and save him multiple EMS units were called 6+ firefighters were injured but they were ready to lay down their life for their friends.

Legit got a Assist to EMS call while typing this "Lift assist Male 280 pounds recent heart surgery// RED SPD"

ARE WE A JOKE YOU!?!?!?!??!?! "Thanks we appreciate the help" 

• Like 2