I have to get this off my chest

Aaron Faustin

I have to get this off my chest, I feel like I cant speak my honest mind without fear of repercussions. I'm always afraid of being misconstrued. I often want to talk with staff about things I disagree with but I also dont want to get permanently banned. I just really had to say this because it's been making me anxious lately and it's not healthy.

• Like 2

image.png.5bc21508a1ab5e81e97be92d1393e045.png

I honestly don't think you will get a perm ban for voicing your opinion. If people have a problem with what you have to say then so be it, don't let it bother you. Staff on gaminglight should not be judging things on what you say, staff should be neutral about things. If you want to talk to a staff member about something that you disagree on you shouldn't hesitate. You can pm me if you have any questions.

No one has ever been punished for voicing their opinion. People have been punished for being disrespectful to other people. Be respectful and you don’t have to worry about anything.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

2 minutes ago, Josh H-Y. said:

Not to try and start arguments. But that is not true, people HAVE been punished for stating their opinion. Even when such opinion was not disrespectful but only critical of SMT actions. This has been going on for a long time, you simply have to look back at past SMT posts for proof. In order to have a successful and happy playerbase, you need to be able to take criticism and make amendments. There is a line between being disrespectful and giving honest criticism, I think SMT specifically the PoliceRP section has been going over set line for a while. Don't take this as an attack on SMT, it's simply what many in the community feel. We all want this community to thrive and grow. However, refusing to accept criticism and labelling such as being ‘disrespectful’ not only alienates your players. It ruins any chances of actual changes that would benefit us all going into the future. We appreciate what SMT do but past and recent actions has caused the reputation of SMT to drop over the months. I sincerely hope you take this as a warning sign and change, I know you all can make a difference.

Thank you for saying what I couldn't. 

This is a debatable topic, and the cause of some major issues that happened just today.

I am pretty new to the server still, and don't understand the past history of Gaminglight, but from what I saw. if you just be respectful when stating opinions. I think you should be just fine, everyone I have seen that was banned in the past was because they were in one way or another disrespectful. I however think sometimes the line between criticism and insulting is easily misconstrued. 

At the end of the day, I feel like this is a place to have fun. If you do not like something in the game, make a suggestion about it and see what people say ^_^. I have seen SMT add in so many suggestions and it's amazing. 

Just how I feel...

Edited by DasCalamity
  • Like 1

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

Yeah, often times I want to try and state an opinion or try and change something I disagree with but i know it could be misinterpreted so I dont post/say it. For instance I disagree with banning chicken. And it may sound like not a big deal because it's one person but it sets the groundwork for many bans to come. (Similar to how the supreme court works, the courts look back at old rulings to get their verdict.)

EDIT: Also, the ban appeal just goes to show how much SMT care about +/- supports tbh

Edited by The.Batman (Faustin)

i agree i feel we kinda have no say into things  like are -/+ support mean nothing most time it does not make a difference i also feel some time sometime they take it to far with blacklisted people for smalls things that i feel you should not  be banned for 

but that just my opinion on all this 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, maral the great said:

i agree i feel we kinda have no say into things  like are -/+ support mean nothing most time it does not make a difference i also feel some time sometime they take it to far with blacklisted people for smalls things that i feel you should not  be banned for 

Yeah, especially with all the options you have as SMT. It's not like it's either permanent ban or let it go like nothing ever happened. Theres no in between with them

1 hour ago, maral the great said:

^^^^ 

there are people that have done so much worse when comparing permanent bans. 

• Like 1

• Owner

There is no reason to be afraid.

1. People say that we do ban people for voicing their opinion in a respectful manner BUT fail to ever name a single person that has been punished let alone blacklisted because they voiced their opinion. 

2. You are still playing here. If I ever came across a community that I truly believed did not care about their players and ban someone for giving a suggestion in a respectful manner I would stop playing there that instant. 

3. The people that are saying that we blacklist people for giving their opinions are indeed blacklisted for a good reason. At the end of the day it is he said/she said matter and you have to choose who to believe. If you choose to believe the people that are blacklisted for disrespecting the hard work myself along with all the other staff including JMT and SMT then go ahead and find another community. There are hundreds of gmod servers and we are in no way begging for people to stay if they just want to say these kinds of things about our staff team.

PS this annoys the shit out of me that I have to type like one of these a week

• Like 1
  • Gaminglight Love 1