[SCP-173 Test] - Research [14/04]

Gordon Froman

Form Title: [SCP-173] ~ Research (14/04)

Lore Name: Yao

Clearance Level: 1

List of personnel involved in testing: 

• Janitor (name unavailable)

Level D personnel involved:

• Speedy
  • Security [...] (don't remember whole name)

SCP: 173

Hypothesis: when presented with limited choice, SCP-173 will prioritize the elimination of aggressive targets.

Observation: I introduced two D-class into SCP-173's containment chamber. Each D-class was given a different task: Subject A professed his love for 173, Subject B professed his hate. Then, both test subjects where blindfolded and tied at opposite ends of the chamber at the same distance of SCP-173. The door was closed by Janitorial Staff for ten seconds. After opening again, Subject A (the one professing his love) was dead in the floor, his neck broken by SCP-173. The surviving D-class was extracted from the chamber, given an amnesiac and set free on D-block.

Visual Stimuli (Photos/videos): n/a

Errors and/or safety hazards: Intent was to continue testing SCP-173's priorities but test had to be interrupted due to activation of DEFCON 3.

Conclusion: When presented between two mutually exclusive targets, SCP-173 will kill the one showing affection instead of the aggressive one. One reason could be that hate and fear is a more familiar reaction to SCP-173 than love, thus love might appear as more unusual/threatening. Further testing is needed to confirm this conclusion.

This is a repost, somehow both my test posts where deleted in the morning.

I don't know what it is with all of these "SCP-173 understands love, he doesn't like you or anything B-B-Baka!" but it still mildely amuses me.

Perhaps its due to the D-Class Making sounds that drew the SCP instead.

Cool Test Yao, Keep up the Good Work!