New Map Discussion/Suggestion - Denied

bdogz1
Message added by Igneous

Please remember that this is suggesting a major change to the server, so please provide detailed and elaborate explanations for which map you think would be best.

Map Ideas  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which map do you think we should switch to?

• Site 05 v2
    • Site 07
    • Site 61 Kaktusownia
    • SIte 52
    • Site 81
    • Site 12
    • Site 56
    • Site 54
    • Other (Please state what map)

What you want to see? - A map change for SCPRP

Why should we add it? - I feel like Site 5, while a good map, has gotten a bit drab for the players who have been here a few months. The map is relativly small as well, and with the growth of the server and the total amount of players that we can support at one time, I fee like a larger map would be advantageous.

What are the advantages of having this? - Older player would become more motivated to join the server to see the new map. Also, the possibility to add new SCPs depending on what Containment Cells the map has.

Who is it mainly for? - The entire SCPRP server

Links to any content - I've put all the maps in the vote, as well as their required content, into this collection: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1713514449

Edited by bdogz1

Just saying. Smt said no to v2. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

20 hours ago, Polar said:

I honestly prefer site 12

Reasoning: Has everything sit 05 has, better CC’s. Larger better to accommodate our player count than site 05 ever could.

Hello Polar,

I've actually seen site 12 on another SCPRP server and its pretty nice. It has a security control room too. The only downside from my perspective is that the D block area is a hallway and is super cancerous to defend as a security member because its just one large funnel.

As much as I would love a new map, I think the options listed are not the best for the play style of the server, as some didn't have a surface, no wide  open d block(which I think is a staple for this server,) and on some maps a path straight to gate A from D block.

5 hours ago, Matricies said:

Hello Polar,

I've actually seen site 12 on another SCPRP server and its pretty nice. It has a security control room too. The only downside from my perspective is that the D block area is a hallway and is super cancerous to defend as a security member because its just one large funnel.

I have to agree on this one it looks tough to defend. Just looking at the surface as well it looks nice but it my be too massive for the amount of CI are on currently. If it were to go through it would be a good addition and it might open up some room for more SCPs like SCP-087.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

• Manager

In the beggining of the server when it was in beta we had Site 12 for a little bit and then switch to Site 19 but there were some issues so they switch to Site O5 and I'm not going to like Site O5 is probably the best SCP map out there

so -Support on all maps

Edited by Nimo

〖  PoliceRP Senior Management Team | Manager

〖  Lead Account Manager  〗

I found this map, seemed pretty good : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1266323444&searchtext=scp

Only issue would be D Block, I would have liked to seen it more open and no checkpoints like site 05. Just because of that reason I would rather stick to the current map, unless the map maker is willing to make changes to make D Block similar.

Edited by Official Orange

1 hour ago, Official Orange said:

I found this map, seemed pretty good : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1266323444&searchtext=scp

Checked this map out myself and I like it, although a little more compact it seems to be the only map I can really support other than the one we have now.

Big Body Tony

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Official Orange said:

I change my mind I like this map better

Edited by TideTerror

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

16 hours ago, Nimo said:

In the beggining of the server when it was in beta we had Site 12

We had Site 12 not Site 12v2 and Site 14 is shit 

have enough cc's

13 hours ago, Who R U said:

This map gets a + Honestly you guys need to check this out. It’s almost perfect.

13 hours ago, Who R U said:

This map gets a + Honestly you guys need to check this out. It’s almost perfect.

This map is poorly optimized and has too many issues hence the reason it was denied before

On 4/16/2019 at 9:53 PM, TideTerror said:

I have to agree on this one it looks tough to defend. Just looking at the surface as well it looks nice but it my be too massive for the amount of CI are on currently. If it were to go through it would be a good addition and it might open up some room for more SCPs like SCP-087.

MTF and Site Admin could also spawn on surface in one of the buildings

30 minutes ago, Jet TZ said:

MTF and Site Admin could also spawn on surface in one of the buildings

MTF maybe but not site admins. 

• Manager
19 hours ago, Official Orange said:

Only issue would be D Block, I would have liked to seen it more open and no checkpoints like site 05. Just because of that reason I would rather stick to the current map, unless the map maker is willing to make changes to make D Block similar.

I already suggested this and it got denied

〖  PoliceRP Senior Management Team | Manager

〖  Lead Account Manager  〗

I stick to site 54 because it has tons of space and its D block is large and we can just not let security camp the exit hall in it and it with the size of it it can sustain our sever population and have loads of fun on it (Edited in after exploring the map more) the map may have a dark surface area but it has a very large one along with better CCs and more CCc for the SCPs if you look the map has about 10 empty rooms (i will have to count again) and many cool features in the map i think wold make the server better

Edited by potatotardis
i have more information

On 4/16/2019 at 9:53 PM, TideTerror said:

Would allow us to have more immersive evacuations , remote areas for CI to hang out, proper heli events, etc

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

+ Support for Site-54

Although there are negatives, Site-54 seems more immersive and expansive. It could be used for evacuations and even used for better events. If we got the code for the map via Hammer Editor, we could make an edited version with more buildings for events.

Give it time, and I'm sure people would grow to like it.

Edited by Dr. Ternith Plague
  • Like 1

Author of the OFFICIAL Thing's Rangiatea is not Allowed to do at the Foundation (THRAF)

Former SCP-RP Staff, Event Team, Teamspeak Support Member

Current Riot Trooper Officer, Stormtrooper Sergeant First Class - ImperialRP

1 hour ago, Dr. Ternith Plague said:

+ Support for Site-54

Although there are negatives, Site-54 seems more immersive and expansive. It could be used for evacuations and even used for better events. If we got the code for the map via Hammer Editor, we could make an edited version with more buildings for events.

On 4/21/2019 at 4:17 PM, Dr. Ternith Plague said:

+ Support for Site-54

Site-54’s skybox is ridiculously low

-Support for changing maps at the time

It would take extensive testing to see any bugs within the map also formating where every SCP will be kept due to the map possibly not having a CC for certian SCP's at the moment I believe Site 05 is best for our community

world things GIF
『Retired Head of Staff on ImperialRP』