Squad System - Denied

Jet

What you want to see? - The Squad System that is used over on MilitaryRP be used over here on SCPRP

Why should we add it? - It will greatly increase roleplay and organization

What are the advantages of having this? - Look above

Who is it mainly for? - EVERYONE!

Links to any content - Ask Scheffer as it is a custom made script

Hello Jet,

I actually have a few reasons why this could be pretty helpful:

1. Easy Location Marker - The Squad system notes who is in your squad, their hp and there location on the map as marked by a arrow in distance or their name above their head. This is useful and lore friendly as highly trained members of foundation/chaos insurgency should be able to easily identify who is who and where there location is.

2. Reduction in friendly fire - This is problely the biggest thing. When people are in the same squad, friendly fire is turned off for those individuals. This means they no longer injure or shoot friendlies in combat and it would drastically reduce the amount of friendly fire that occurs by having people in the same squad by default.

3. Enhances Gameplay - Overall, the easy location markers and reduction in friendly fire would increase collaboration from foundation members and make it easier to be a team with your specific branch or branches if all foundation use the same squad branch. This would make it more enjoyable to play.

This could however pose a bit of an issue due to 2 other issues though:

1. Green Arrow/Name Spam - Under certain circumstances, you could have as many as 10+ people in a single squad. While this might look fine on MilitaryRP, it would look slightly ridiculous on SCP RP through massive amounts of walls. It may also encourage metagaming. (EX: You are in a squad of 5, 3 in LCZ, 2 in HCZ. 2 in HCZ die to SCP/CI without reporting what happened. Because they can see that those individuals sided via the squad, they might "Just So Happen" to go check the HCZ)

2. Requires a bit of lax lore - This is lore friendly depending on whether you care more about gameplay or roleplay. From a gameplay perspective, it enhances the experience by increasing collaboration and reducing friendly death/miscommunication. From an RP stance however, it can encourage a lot of metagame situations and can result in fire fights or situations where people don't need to care about unloading 200 rounds into the person in front of them. Making certain RP positions pointless on the map.

Do keep in mind this system was specifically designed for MilitaryRP. I could see it being used in Star Wars RP as well because thats literally military in the future and that kind of tech would be completely plausible and reasonable.  But SCPRP/PRP might be a bit more finicky with a system like this. Overall, I would enjoy seeing the system on here to reduce friendly fire and encourage more teamwork. But at the same time, I can also see people not wanting something like this either because its not needed or its not lore friendly.

For me, its a +Support. But others might feel different.

-support,

yes it’s lore friendly that you would know where your friendlies are, but you wouldn’t know their exact location especially through walls.  Furthermore, turning off friendly fire is unrealistic because that just allows people to pay and spray and not care if they hit a friendly, compared to our current system where you can’t do that. 

Furthermore, as Matricies pointed out, the meta game is bad and we probably won’t get around it because it’s human nature. 

1 hour ago, October said:

-support,

yes it’s lore friendly that you would know where your friendlies are, but you wouldn’t know their exact location especially through walls.  Furthermore, turning off friendly fire is unrealistic because that just allows people to pay and spray and not care if they hit a friendly, compared to our current system where you can’t do that. 

Furthermore, as Matricies pointed out, the meta game is bad and we probably won’t get around it because it’s human nature. 

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

- Support I do see how it could improve groups like CI/MTF finding each other when there is a CI Raid going on or a breach, But other than that if there were D-Class squads and Security Squads it would mess up the attacking system because D-Class couldn't injure other D-class and Security couldn't injure Security.

Former SCP Moderator 

PoliceRP - Senior Patrol Officer

On 4/13/2019 at 12:57 PM, F1ghter said:

- Support I do see how it could improve groups like CI/MTF finding each other when there is a CI Raid going on or a breach, But other than that if there were D-Class squads and Security Squads it would mess up the attacking system because D-Class couldn't injure other D-class and Security couldn't injure Security.

We can restrict it to certain classes at it is done if milrp.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

+/- Support. 

While friendly fire is very annoying, it does have a purpose. If you remove it, people will spam grenades and negevs like you have never seen before. Having an easy way to know who friendlies are is also useful, but it also doesn't make any sense to see team mates through walls. This could also encourage meta gaming, which we don't need anymore of. If this system was modified to just show who your friendlies are and not show people through walls and disable friendly fire, i'd support it. For now, i'm unsure.