F1ghter

Buff the Kit Knife for VIP Jobs  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Kit Knife be Buffed?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have not Used It

What you want to see? -  The Kit Knife for Class D Expert Buffed

Why should we add it? -  Against Guards, I feel like the Kit Knife is way too underpowered. Most of the time instead of using the Kit Knife, I use the fists because I feel that the fists are more effective than the Kit Knife. It is also a VIP Only job that has the knife so it should be more powerful than the fists.

What are the advantages of having this? -  GenSec and MTF will be easier to Injure/kill.

Who is it mainly for? - Class D Expert (Bronze+ Only)

Edited by F1ghter

Former SCP Moderator 

PoliceRP - Senior Patrol Officer

• Manager
On 4/9/2019 at 7:23 PM, Kade said:

The Pro Class D (Diamond+) has it as well, i don't use it so I couldn't say if it should be buffed, but it should probably do more damage than fist.

agreed

〖  PoliceRP Senior Management Team | Manager

〖  Lead Account Manager  〗

- Support

The reason I'm giving negative support is that GENSEC already struggle with having underpowered and inaccurate weapons compared to much more accurate, and sometimes more powerful melee weapons. Buffing the damage the knife does will only vastly increase the rate of escapes, SCP breaches, and other chaos throughout the server. It is likely the current damage done by the knife is on the low side because D-Class typically outnumber GENSEC personnel at a time, and have the ability to swarm GENSEC when they decide to riot/attempt to escape. 

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

On 4/9/2019 at 6:23 PM, Kade said:

The Pro Class D (Diamond+) has it as well, i don't use it so I couldn't say if it should be buffed, but it should probably do more damage than fist.

On 4/11/2019 at 8:21 AM, Rookieblue said:

- Support

The reason I'm giving negative support is that GENSEC already struggle with having underpowered and inaccurate weapons compared to much more accurate, and sometimes more powerful melee weapons. Buffing the damage the knife does will only vastly increase the rate of escapes, SCP breaches, and other chaos throughout the server. It is likely the current damage done by the knife is on the low side because D-Class typically outnumber GENSEC personnel at a time, and have the ability to swarm GENSEC when they decide to riot/attempt to escape. 

- Support 

It seems like it would be a little hard to balance because of the random chance for d-class to riot with a kit knife and succeed / Gensec stopping the riot before they succeed or go on lockdown.

As you can see there isn't much leeway for changes in my opinion.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

Then again, This is a VIP job and it should be at least somewhat more powerful than the regular D-class.                  (Excluding Keypad Cracker)

Former SCP Moderator 

PoliceRP - Senior Patrol Officer