Traves' Trial Moderator Application - Denied

Manatee Burgers

1. What is your in-game name?: Traves

2. What is your steam name?: Manatee Burgers

3. What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:66308426 (this was edited to be correct, originally had my steam64 ID because steamidfinder wasn't working)

4. Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) Yes, I have staffed on other GMod roleplay servers, but never on an SCPRP server. Only on MilitaryRP servers and DarkRP.

5. What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) Probably around two months ago.

6. What date did you make your forums account? March 16, 2018

7. Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)? User/Silver

8. How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot)? 3, none active, all from when I had first joined the server. http://prntscr.com/n9eoth

9. Have you donated? Yes, I am Silver rank and have bought my brother a custom class.

10. What rank are you applying for? Trial moderator.

11. Are you staff on another community (BE HONEST)? No.

12. Have you read the staff guidelines at? You will be tested on it: Yes, I have.

13. Timezone: CST (Central Standard Time)

14. Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this): N/A

15. Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum) I have worked hard to get to a high ranking position in the server as a non staff, and I genuinely believe that I can help enforce the rules properly. I have read the rules over many times, and I know them well. I feel I am fair with punishments based on previous experience, and it is very hard to get me to lose my temper. I am very patient, despite the situation. I have almost 1500 hours on GMod and I genuinely believe I know how to deal with rule breakers. I don't have much going on in my life so I can be very active as a staff member. I'm somewhat well known amongst the community, I'd like to assume, and I feel like people know me well enough to know that under stress I can handle situations properly, and that I would be able to help the community as a whole

16. How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you? I'd gag the person and give them a 10,000 second minge. If they continued to mass RDM and disrespect staff, I'd get a higher staff involved (if I were a trial moderator)

Edited by Manatee Burgers

-Support

- I've never seen you online but that's probably just my timezone

- Steam ID is wrong. You've given steamID64. Use the one beginning STEAM_

- Q16 is wrong, you go straight into the punishment, you should in my opinion, talk to them first to try and get them to stop. Also you cannot give out 10,000 second minges (as stated in the handbook) and so you would have to contact a higher up anyway.

- You aren't active on the Forums. "Active on Forums/TeamSpeak (We would like to see at least 25+ Posts for your Forums Account)"

Good Luck though.

~Nucleus

• Gaminglight Love 1

Ex-SCPRP D-Boi | Security Officer | Senior Moderator/Admin | Ex-Discord Moderator and TS Support Member 

Ex-PoliceRP EMS Dep. Chief |  SWAT CPL | Head Dispatcher | FBI EAD | Interpol HoI | DOC LT | SS SSO | 

+Plus support

-Great person

-Good leader

-Knows the rules decently

Good luck ~Commander Blackbeard

Retired Super Admin Blackbeard (SCPRP) | Retired Director of Containment: Blackbeard | Retired Director of Task Forces: Blackbeard | The One and Only Omicron-9 Commander | Retired O5-6 "The American" (SCPRP)

4 hours ago, 420 Blackbeard™ said:

+Plus support

-Great person

-Good leader

i assume that if Blackbeard gave you such positive review, then there is a reason.

I'm Just a Big Tom and Jerry Fan. 

tenor--1-.gif.701eb66430b7956f5cac65c4ce677b06.gif

14 hours ago, Nucleus said:

-Support

- Q16 is wrong, you go straight into the punishment, you should in my opinion, talk to them first to try and get them to stop. Also you cannot give out 10,000 second minges (as stated in the handbook) and so you would have to contact a higher up anyway.

- You aren't active on the Forums. "Active on Forums/TeamSpeak (We would like to see at least 25+ Posts for your Forums Account)"

Good Luck though.

~Nucleus

15 hours ago, 420 Blackbeard™ said:

+Plus support

-Great person

-Good leader

Agreed, if you can put in the effort to be active and know the rules you’d be a good fit. 

In Q16, you should talk to the player first, but you’ll get better at doing that in time. I suggest you read the staff handbook daily until you have that down.

Wish you luck 

-Iceman

21 hours ago, Nucleus said:

-Support

Good Luck though.

~Nucleus

Can't say anything about game activity, but everything else I agree

On 4/9/2019 at 11:14 AM, Nucleus said:

-Support

Good Luck though.

~Nucleus

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

On 4/9/2019 at 9:14 AM, Nucleus said:

-Support

Good Luck though.

~Nucleus

- Support

After looking at your disciplinary history, I'm not holding your few warns against you since they were from a while back, so no worries there. Looking at the STEAM ID you gave, the steam name attached to that account is "pastaboy09", not "Manatee Burgers" as you have in your application. 

However, I'm more concerned with your answer to question 16. As a trial moderator, you do not have the ability to issue a 10,000 second minge. For that to be issued, you would need to call a moderator or above to issue that. Additionally, I generally like to see more critical thinking when responding to that question. For example, would you attempt to see if they have a disciplinary history on the server? Would you attempt to speak with them to find out why they were RDM'ing? Would you consider other actions such as a warning as well? Stuff like that shows that you understand the discretion you have, as well as how to apply it in various situations.

I'd recommend getting more experience and giving the handbook another read through before applying again. Good luck moving forward!

Edited by Rookieblue

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

On 4/9/2019 at 10:14 AM, Nucleus said:

-Support

Good Luck though.

~Nucleus

Big Body Tony

spacer.png