OGMason's Staff App- Accepted

OGMason

1. What is your in-game name?: Security SGT Mason

2. What is your steam name?: OGMason

3. What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:93031691

4. Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain)  On Minecraft. lol

5. What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) December of 2018

6. What date did you make your forums account? December of 2018

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)? 26

1. How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot)? 3 or 4 and i don't know how to attach the screenshot so i will have to do a discord call and show someone.

2. Have you donated? No

3. What rank are you applying for? Trial Mod

4. Are you staff on another community (BE HONEST)?  No i do not.

5. Have you read the staff guidelines at

? You will be tested on it:  Yes

6. Timezone: Pacific Standard

7. Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this): i don't need it.

8. Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)  Well, I have been with Gaminglight for a while, I have a pretty good grasp on the rules, I can be trusted with the responsibility and work. But I feel like I deserve it the most because when there are no staff on and people breaking the rules, I feel like I am unable to do anything about it, but as a trial moderator, I would be able to solve those problems and benefit the server overall. I also feel like there is more work to be done with Gaminglight than just having RP roles and to work harder, as the staff team is about trying to make the server better and that is my primary goal, to help people. A few traits that may help with staff is how I am able to be friendly towards other people regard less of how they sound or how rude they may be and how I am able to manage in stressful situations. I believe that I could be a good staff member is because that the players already like the staff, but I could try my best to be the most chill staff with everybody and increase the reputation of the staff team but be fair to all the players. I want this to get accepted because I can not be mingy, but stop it. I can be on late on the weekends, up to 1--3 AM in Central Standard Time. These times that people call 'minge hours' will be decreased quite often considering that I can be on at 4 PM (I get home from school at 3:30 averagely.) I will greatly decrease the amount of players that break rules considering I can give people advice such as "Try your best not to break NLR" such as it states in the staff handbook. Now that I am slowly losing ideas I will end it off with me doing a vow: 'I vow that I will try my best to be on the server and be a good staff member, I will not minge, I will not abuse.' I have therefore promised myself this and now I will not break this promise. Thank you staff team for you wise decisions and I trust that you will rate me fairly.

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you? My first option would be attempt would be to verbally de-escalate the situation and calmly explain why I was contacting the player, and why their conduct wasn't acceptable. If this fails, I would gag the player so I would be able to explain the above information. After explaining what the player did wrong, I would issue them a documented warning for the Mass RDM / Staff Disrespect and explain why I chose to go that route. The main reasons being the severity of the violation (considered most severe RDM violation), and that swearing at anyone isn't a cool thing to do. If the player has a history of RDM warnings, I would call a higher ranking staff member to issue up to the 10,000-second maximum penalty for Mass RDM / Staff Disrespect. Or, if the player has a history of disrespect warnings, I would call a higher ranking staff member to issue up to the 600-second maximum penalty for Staff Disrespect/Mass RDM. Following the completion of the meeting, I would then return the player to their former location and monitor them for continued misbehavior.

Edited by OGMason

+/Support

Generally well written application

Nice guy

Q9 is good overall - However it would be a 10,000 second minge for the Mass RDM.

Mainly +Support

Just a couple extra things - your ULX rank or the rank it says on tab, so you'll probably be User. Not your RP Level.

For your warns, use https://imgur.com/upload to upload the screenshot then put that link in to prove your warns.

Ex-SCPRP D-Boi | Security Officer | Senior Moderator/Admin | Ex-Discord Moderator and TS Support Member 

Ex-PoliceRP EMS Dep. Chief |  SWAT CPL | Head Dispatcher | FBI EAD | Interpol HoI | DOC LT | SS SSO | 

From a security standpoint, we've never had any issues with Mason. I like that he wants to help make the server a more friendly place, and he has a fairly comprehensive answer to Q9, which he talks about whether he would go for the Staff Disrespect or RDM penalty. He noted that he would need to call a higher admin to administer the specific punishments, but was able to issue the warning himself.

From a warning standpoint, Mason has three warnings on his record, two for ARDM/RDM and one for FailRP, the most recent of which is from January 2nd. Due to the length of time between the warnings, as well as there only being a handful, I don't believe these should specifically be held against him when making my decision.

+ Support from me

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

33 minutes ago, Rookieblue said:

From a security standpoint, we've never had any issues with Mason. I like that he wants to help make the server a more friendly place, and he has a fairly comprehensive answer to Q9, which he talks about whether he would go for the Staff Disrespect or RDM penalty. He noted that he would need to call a higher admin to administer the specific punishments, but was able to issue the warning himself.

From a warning standpoint, Mason has three warnings on his record, two for ARDM/RDM and one for FailRP, the most recent of which is from January 2nd. Due to the length of time between the warnings, as well as there only being a handful, I don't believe these should specifically be held against him when making my decision.

+ Support from me

Author of the OFFICIAL Thing's Rangiatea is not Allowed to do at the Foundation (THRAF)

Former SCP-RP Staff, Event Team, Teamspeak Support Member

Current Riot Trooper Officer, Stormtrooper Sergeant First Class - ImperialRP