Utility Management - Accepted

Orange 🍊

13 hours ago, Official Orange said:

It could be like NTF where the first rank does not count as a life [Ex. Junior (Utility Job).]

But that rule applies to donators and why should it apply to one specific non-donator department. If we did that with every department everyone would be in everyone and there would be no activity. Furthermore, the “first” rank would have to be an unwhitelisted trainee. 

33 minutes ago, Snarlax said:

I am NOT having my GOA of the Janitors position taken from me >:(

Overruled 

Snar I’m General Secretary Supreme Leader

3 hours ago, Snarlax said:

I am NOT having my GOA of the Janitors position taken from me >:(

Just come to scp-rp

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

On 4/4/2019 at 3:29 PM, Official Orange said:

It could be like NTF where the first rank does not count as a life [Ex. Junior (Utility Job).]

I know but I imagine this can and can't work as not many people play janitor or untility staff in general expect medic. We would also need a rank system or training and I'm not sure how janitor training world work. Overall it's a good concept abd can work but I'm not sure many people would want to lose a rank to the utility hierarchy. Or that many people would play as janitor. Also if we do add utility roles we should allow them to enter HCZ and have equipment failures so they have things to do.

+ Support  I think adding Utility Management is good for the server because  Players will have more jobs to rank up as instead of being a Medic/Tech and not ranking up at all.

Former SCP Moderator 

PoliceRP - Senior Patrol Officer

4 hours ago, F1ghter said:

+ Support  I think adding Utility Management is good for the server because  Players will have more jobs to rank up as instead of being a Medic/Tech and not ranking up at all.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2019 at 3:52 PM, Conner Tyson said:

+ Support.

For the last few weeks, I have seen quite a few people "main" utility staff jobs. Having an actual branch would provide incentives to do well for these people(promotions) and punishments for them doing bad(demotions, strikes.) However, I do have a couple of concerns. For one, the janitor and the chef, unlike the medic and the technician, really have no way to express their RP purpose. If a way to make food was implemented, and it provided benefits for people who ate it, I could see the chef being a nice job. Same goes with the janitor. If say trash or blood splatters had to be removed, I could see the janitor being a nice job. But for now, there isn't any way of these two classes really expressing their RP purpose, thus some new systems would have to be found. My second concern would be that when we don't have a lot of people on, this would take players away from more important RP positions, such as MTF and research. I would overall support it being added, but some new mechanics would have to be made, and we would have to make sure it wouldn't worsen the other branches.