Utility Management - Accepted

Orange ๐ŸŠ

THIS IS 100% SERIOUS

What you want to see? -ย  A new branch utility staff members with different rankings.

Why should we add it? - It could cut down on minge on Utility Staff jobs, also allowing players to try out a different branch where they can progress through ranks.

What are the advantages of having this? - Less minge, new players may be interested in this, new jobs.

Who is it mainly for? - Foundationย 

Links to any content - If this idea is put into consideration I will find or create any content needed.

ย 
  • Like 2

+ Support.

For the last few weeks, I have seen quite a few people "main" utility staff jobs. Having an actual branch would provide incentives to do well for these people(promotions) and punishments for themย doing bad(demotions, strikes.) However, I do have a couple of concerns. For one, the janitor and the chef, unlike the medic and the technician, really haveย no way to express their RP purpose. If a way to make food was implemented, and it provided benefits for people who ate it, I could see the chefย being a nice job. Same goes with the janitor.ย If say trash or blood splatters had to be removed, I could see the janitorย being a nice job. But for now, there isn't any way of these two classes really expressing their RP purpose, thus some new systems would have to be found. My second concern would be that when we don't have a lot of people on, this would take players away from more important RP positions, such as MTFย and research. I would overall support it being added, but some new mechanics would have to be made, and we would have to make sure it wouldn't worsen the other branches.

Edited by Conner Tyson

10 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

I do like the idea, it seems fairly interesting, and would open up a number of new RP possibilities

+ Support

ย 

Ex-SCPRP D-Boi | Security Officer |ย Senior Moderator/Admin |ย Ex-Discord Moderator and TS Support Memberย 

Ex-PoliceRP EMS Dep. Chief |ย  SWAT CPL | Head Dispatcher | FBI EAD | Interpol HoI | DOC LT | SS SSO |ย 

+ Supportย 

But would have to change things such as level requirements or something possibly donor pack like foundation utility pack who knows. I feel it can really further RP if we could call Medics and have more RP situations, but you would need people who are really into RP which is why I believe we need to change level requirements or have it as a dono job.

world things GIF
ใ€ŽRetired Head of Staff on ImperialRPใ€

15 hours ago, Conner Tyson said:

+ Support.

For the last few weeks, I have seen quite a few people "main" utility staff jobs. Having an actual branch would provide incentives to do well for these people(promotions) and punishments for themย doing bad(demotions, strikes.) However, I do have a couple of concerns. For one, the janitor and the chef, unlike the medic and the technician, really haveย no way to express their RP purpose. If a way to make food was implemented, and it provided benefits for people who ate it, I could see the chefย being a nice job. Same goes with the janitor.ย If say trash or blood splatters had to be removed, I could see the janitorย being a nice job. But for now, there isn't any way of these two classes really expressing their RP purpose, thus some new systems would have to be found. My second concern would be that when we don't have a lot of people on, this would take players away from more important RP positions, such as MTFย and research. I would overall support it being added, but some new mechanics would have to be made, and we would have to make sure it wouldn't worsen the other branches.

ย 

-support,

I personally feel itโ€™s unneeded. Itโ€™s nice to have level rolesย for soft RP, and changing them into a department would make this a life so people would stop playing on that job. Remember, to be in a department you give up a life.ย 

On โ€Ž4โ€Ž/โ€Ž1โ€Ž/โ€Ž2019 at 10:52 AM, Conner Tyson said:

+ Support.

ย 

+Support - Only Medics can do anything. Janitors are just for aesthetic, Technicians basically can go anywhere with what they have and can do, and Cafeteria workers can't defend the Cafe when its too dangerous and D-Class flood in.

We need to flesh out Utility Roles other than another role where you just waltz around the facility in pure selfishness during a breach.

Author of the OFFICIALย Thing's Rangiatea is not Allowed to do at the Foundationย (THRAF)

Former SCP-RP Staff, Event Team, Teamspeak Support Member

Current Riot Trooper Officer, Stormtrooper Sergeant First Classย - ImperialRP

4 hours ago, Dr. Ternith Plague said:

We๏ปฟ need to flesh out Utility Roles other than another role where you just waltz around the facility in pure selfishness ๏ปฟduring a breach.๏ปฟ

They wouldnโ€™t get that much better just cuz theyโ€™re now a department, and it would collapse in on itself because it would take up a life and most of the roles in RP donโ€™t have any knowledge of the SCPโ€™s.ย 

10 minutes ago, October said:

They wouldnโ€™t get that much better just cuz theyโ€™re now a department, and it would collapse in on itself because it would take up a life and most of the roles in RP donโ€™t have any knowledge of the SCPโ€™s.ย 

Except Technicians. Technicians would have to repair the containment chambers themselves. Janitors would know about 173, since they have to clean it. Medics would have to enter certain areas to heal and retrieve injured personnel aswell.

Author of the OFFICIALย Thing's Rangiatea is not Allowed to do at the Foundationย (THRAF)

12 minutes ago, Dr. Ternith Plague said:

Except Technicians. Technicians would have to repair the containment chambers themselves. Janitors would know about 173, since they have to clean it. Medics๏ปฟ would have to enter certain areas to heal and retrieve injured personnel aswell.๏ปฟ๏ปฟ

I understand your point, but after doing those things I believe they are given class A amnestics.ย 

1 minute ago, October said:

I understand your point, but after doing those things I believe they are given class A amnestics.ย 

Likely. Only for Technicians, though. Because it would get expensive for the amnestization for one SCP when it comes to janitors. Medics wouldn't need to be amnesticized.

On 4/2/2019 at 10:10 PM, Polar said:

+/- Support

I personally think it should only be medical staff since that makes the most sense

In all fairness 173's chamber is supposed to be cleaned on a biweekly basis

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

9 hours ago, Knuckles said:

In all fairness 173's chamber is supposed to be cleaned on a biweekly basis

Exactly why I made some points with Janitorial and Technical. They would likely all be in one, singular department. One Director, Head, Deputy Head, etc.

I think this is also a good idea but being one of the classes shouldn't be counted as another life like you can be security and a Researcher but you can't be a CI or NTF. I think this mainly because I don't want to lose a rank to be a janitor. I also think it is a good idea +support

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Official Orange said:

It could be like NTF where the first rank does not count as a life [Ex. Junior (Utility Job).]

I think that's the general idea.