What SMT can and can’t do - Denied

Smoke

What you want to see? -  A specified list of what SMT can and can’t do with their in game powers

Why should we add it? - This would help solve some problems and confusion that some players have had with some certain SMT members using their powers negatively causing issues. A nameless SMT member spammed extreme amount of gas and have given gas to PD and many other unqualified people and raided a base. Ruining many players experiences. When in RP why should SMT be able to do things normal players cannot such as spawn has. The report was denied because there is nothing that says he/she can’t. We need s specified list of what SMT can and can’t do with their in game powers because some things that have been happening are borderline abusive.

What are the advantages of having this? - Clear up much confusion and issues with SMT

Who is it mainly for? - all players on Gaminglight

Links to any content -  N/A

“DENIED

We take complaints on our SMT team very seriously, and with the evidence provided, myself along with Zeeptin have come to the conclusion that the evidence, along with the severity of the actions taken by Spection, is not enough to hinder a strike or any disciplinary action towards the SMT member. While your concerns are understood by everyone, this issue is something that has never officially been clarified by myself or any SMT, and therefore it would be unfair to punish an SMT member for their actions when no clarification on the restrictions to those actions were present.

Best Regards, Snar”

i think it is necessary so issues like this never happens again

Edited by Smoke

+support

What it says on the MOTD or were ever its very vage and not clear.

From what i see they can litrally just black list everyone for no reason

20190329_084046.jpg

Edited by warcub03

EX Secret Secret Service ASAIC, EX DOC CPL, EX EMS, EX ARU MSGT, EX Staff Moderator 

PD MSGT, Secret Service SSA Reserve

4 hours ago, Stormzz said:

This isn’t necessary at all. We already know what they can and can’t do. I don’t see the purpose of another document created just to specify something that has already been documented and open to the community to view.

Stormzzz would you mind private messaging me specifically what SMT can and can’t do, because if there is already something that says what they can and can’t do I will happily take this post down. 

8 hours ago, Stormzz said:

This isn’t necessary at all. We already know what they can and can’t do. I don’t see the purpose of another document created just to specify something that has already been documented and open to the community to view.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Stormzz said:

^^^^ i mean it is pretty easy to know when a SMT member is going to far and not. 

18 hours ago, Smoke said:

Stormzzz would you mind private messaging me specifically what SMT can and can’t do, because if there is already something that says what they can and can’t do I will happily take this post down. 

I agree with smoke I think there should be some sort of list of what they can or can’t do. 

On 3/28/2019 at 7:52 PM, Smoke said:

"Therefore it would be unfair to punish an SMT member for their actions when no clarification on the restrictions to those actions were present.

I believe it to be more than necessary to have specific posted outlines or clarification to prevent confusion like this in the future. When I was a Manager for SWRP and HA on PRP there were no specific rules, it fell under "just use common sense." Having specific outlined rules would prevent unnecessary reports on SMT members and if they are reported the excuse that they had "no clarification" cannot be used to prevent punishment. Not having specific rules allows any SMT member to get off with the same excuse and a slap on the wrist. I'm not saying there need to be extensive guidelines, but there need to be some rules. If SMT does not wish to have rules then that needs to be stated that they don't have restrictions, if they do then it needs to be stated what they are and not hidden from the community.

Edited by Gaur
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gaur said:

I believe it to be more than necessary to have specific posted outlines or clarification to prevent confusion like this in the future. When I was a Manager for SWRP and HA on PRP there were no specific rules, it fell under "just use common sense." Having specific outlined rules would prevent unnecessary reports on SMT members and if they are reported the excuse that they had "no clarification" cannot be used to prevent punishment. Not having specific rules allows any SMT member to get off with the same excuse and a slap on the wrist. I'm not saying there need to be extensive guidelines, but there need to be some rules. If SMT does not wish to have rules then that needs to be stated that they don't have restrictions, if they do then it needs to be stated what they are and not hidden from the community.

well said i agree ^^^

On 3/29/2019 at 4:34 AM, warcub03 said:

From what i see they can litrally just black list everyone for no reason

I have no idea what makes you think from that screenshot that we can blacklist whoever we want for whatever we want.

Here's my take.

All SMT at Gaminglight has put in their share of dedication, hard work, and perseverance towards their server. Because of that, they are trusted at their positions and are trusted to make the right decisions as best as they can. That is why they are allowed to use their powers, as they've put extensive work in bettering the server, so for some, it serves as a reward for their work. With that being said, I do not think that these "Guidelines" are really necessary. What it really comes down to, is judgment. For example, I will use the situation you included in your post. Some people may say that Spection shouldn't have done that and he went too far, some people may say that he was justified in his actions. What really matters though, is whether or not Snar (or Zeeptin) thinks that he went too far. The manager for whatever server the SMT report is filed on takes in all aspects of the situation and determines whether or not that the SMT member went too far. 

I trust all of the Gaminglight SMT, and I trust them to make the right decisions with their powers. However, all of you need to remember that we are not robots, we are humans just like you. Which means mistakes will be made. I know it's easy to hop on the hate train as soon as somebody makes a mistake, all I ask is to try to understand that we are not perfect either.

So overall, I think that more faith needs to be placed in the judgment of SMT members. If an SMT member does something that you think is wrong, by all means, report it. But the manager may have different viewpoints than you, so please try to understand that if your report gets denied, there is a valid reason for it.

big cat running GIF

22 minutes ago, Igneous said:

I have no idea what makes you think from that screenshot that we can blacklist whoever we want for whatever we want.

Here's my take.

All SMT at Gaminglight has put in their share of dedication, hard work, and perseverance towards their server. Because of that, they are trusted at their positions and are trusted to make the right decisions as best as they can. That is why they are allowed to use their powers, as they've put extensive work in bettering the server, so for some, it serves as a reward for their work. With that being said, I do not think that these "Guidelines" are really necessary. What it really comes down to, is judgment. For example, I will use the situation you included in your post. Some people may say that Spection shouldn't have done that and he went too far, some people may say that he was justified in his actions. What really matters though, is whether or not Snar (or Zeeptin) thinks that he went too far. The manager for whatever server the SMT report is filed on takes in all aspects of the situation and determines whether or not that the SMT member went too far. 

I trust all of the Gaminglight SMT, and I trust them to make the right decisions with their powers. However, all of you need to remember that we are not robots, we are humans just like you. Which means mistakes will be made. I know it's easy to hop on the hate train as soon as somebody makes a mistake, all I ask is to try to understand that we are not perfect either.

So overall, I think that more faith needs to be placed in the judgment of SMT members. If an SMT member does something that you think is wrong, by all means, report it. But the manager may have different viewpoints than you, so please try to understand that if your report gets denied, there is a valid reason for it.

I agree with your take, but when there is a report made and the excuse that there is "no clarification" then something needs to happen so that excuse cant be used in future situations. Snar said "While your concerns are understood by everyone, this issue is something that has never officially been clarified by myself or any SMT, and therefore it would be unfair to punish an SMT member for their actions when no clarification on the restrictions to those actions were present."

I believe what this post is asking for is a public official clarification on what conduct is allowed and what conduct is not allowed so that the community knows whether or not to make an abuse report or bring it to Zeeptin.

You explained it lot better than I did Gaur. I completely agree with you.

2 hours ago, Spection said:

Nice to know I'm getting targeted :/

Not trying to target you at all just using you as an example. No hate

On 3/29/2019 at 10:11 PM, Jeff Junior said:

^^^^ i mean it is pretty easy to know when a SMT member is going to far and not. 

Ex-SCPRP D-Boi | Security Officer | Senior Moderator/Admin | Ex-Discord Moderator and TS Support Member 

Ex-PoliceRP EMS Dep. Chief |  SWAT CPL | Head Dispatcher | FBI EAD | Interpol HoI | DOC LT | SS SSO | 

• Owner

I believe I remember the instance you are referring to and it was handled by the SMT member receiving a strike.

But I am not going to make a whole book listing everything an SMT member can and cannot do. They should know what they should and shouldn't be doing. When they are in the wrong I make sure to address it and handle it the way I see fit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason

Lead Account Manager

Backend Operations | Custom  Jobs | Proud Member since 2017