682 Buff - Accepted

Darth Jar Jar

Please make sure suggestions are pertinent and relevant! 

What you want to see? -  A buff to 682, either speed or being more resistant to tranquilizers.

Why should we add it? -  682 is weak right now, because of the SWEP speed and the slow recharge timer for the boost, he already isnt very strong. Then you also add security being able use the tranquilizer 682 easily, because hes slow, and that adds on to the bad stuff of 682. Usually as 682, every time I encounter security, they always are able to use the tranquilizer on me before I can get that close. If the speed is increased or he is more resistant to tranquilizers, more people would want to play as 682, or even buy silver to play as him.

What are the advantages of having this? - 682 would feel strong as he should be, because he is 682. It would be more fun to play as him, and he wouldnt just be a big, slow moving target.

Who is it mainly for? - SCP-682 mainly, but it also increases the roleplay of when 682 breaks out, since he cant be contained extremely easily anymore.

Links to any content -  N/A

7 hours ago, The West Kye said:

+support, I like the idea of a speed buff for 682

gives MTF more of a challenge when this SCP breaks out.

Yes. But for the tranq o don't know if we can change the amount of time to he sleeps.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

2 hours ago, Darth Jar Jar said:

Could also change the rules for him where they have to use the cuffs on him fast, and not just wait there.

Wym? When your tranqed you can't be fired. And in the rules you have to wait 1 minute. I think. Well the is a time you need to wait after waking up before you can move again. Its 1-3 minutes.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

Hello SCP Community,

This is actually something I've wondered about for awhile and do agree with. SCP 682 is pretty underpowered compared to a few other SCPs in the same caliber and primarily because:

1. Slow Swep - His swep that allows him to kill people makes him super slow unless hes enraged which works on a timer. This means after SCP 682 kills maybe 1 person he slows up so hard that you can literally just walk from him. Shooting him doesn't reengage the swep either so it makes him very underwhelming. Compare this to SCP 939 who while can't just kill you when he sees you, moves at an extremely fast pace and do far more in the amount of time hes usually breached.

2. Huge SCP - This SCP is massive in comparison to most, making him very easy to tranquilize in comparison. Combine that with him being slowed to hell and you have an SCP who really doesn't deserve the designation he has on the server at the moment (Obviously lore says otherwise)

3. Rarely played or breached - This SCP is rarely breached because its a donor scp. For an SCP that costs money and can put the site on defcon 2 by himself, I rarely see him breached or played because 939 does what he does but way better and only needing levels. This is not a good thing as SCP RP has the highest cost of donor ranks out of ANY of the gaming light servers. (Silver on here is 25$. Compare to the equivalent rank on military RP 15$. Platnium is 100$. Champion is 50$)

I know donor classes aren't supposed to be super overpowered or anything but SCP 682 is underwhelming at the moment. He either needs changes to his recontainment procedure or he needs a serious buff or swep replacement. His recontainment procedure is problely the best option:

Ex: Has to be shot at to "Simulate" him getting weakened before he can be tranquilized (Staff can easily check if hes been damaged before hand so there is concrete evidence)

Ex 2: Gets a huge roll bonus and can roll more then one time to wake up or break cuffs.  (Gets to roll 2-3 times when cuffed and gets a +10-20+ roll bonus. Similar to site administration)

These are the best options I can think of for now to buff SCP 682 as he seriously needs a buff.

Edited by Matricies
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2019 at 7:38 PM, Matricies said:

Hello SCP Community,

This is actually something I've wondered about for awhile and do agree with. SCP 682 is pretty underpowered compared to a few other SCPs in the same caliber and primarily because:

1. Slow Swep - His swep that allows him to kill people makes him super slow unless hes enraged which works on a timer. This means after SCP 682 kills maybe 1 person he slows up so hard that you can literally just walk from him. Shooting him doesn't reengage the swep either so it makes him very underwhelming. Compare this to SCP 939 who while can't just kill you when he sees you, moves at an extremely fast pace and do far more in the amount of time hes usually breached.

2. Huge SCP - This SCP is massive in comparison to most, making him very easy to tranquilize in comparison. Combine that with him being slowed to hell and you have an SCP who really doesn't deserve the designation he has on the server at the moment (Obviously lore says otherwise)

3. Rarely played or breached - This SCP is rarely breached because its a donor scp. For an SCP that costs money and can put the site on defcon 2 by himself, I rarely see him breached or played because 939 does what he does but way better and only needing levels. This is not a good thing as SCP RP has the highest cost of donor ranks out of ANY of the gaming light servers. (Silver on here is 25$. Compare to the equivalent rank on military RP 15$. Platnium is 100$. Champion is 50$)

I know donor classes aren't supposed to be super overpowered or anything but SCP 682 is underwhelming at the moment. He either needs changes to his recontainment procedure or he needs a serious buff or swep replacement. His recontainment procedure is problely the best option:

Ex: Has to be shot at to "Simulate" him getting weakened before he can be tranquilized (Staff can easily check if hes been damaged before hand so there is concrete evidence)

Ex 2: Gets a huge roll bonus and can roll more then one time to wake up or break cuffs.  (Gets to roll 2-3 times when cuffed and gets a +10-20+ roll bonus. Similar to site administration)

These are the best options I can think of for now to buff SCP 682 as he seriously needs a buff.

+ Support

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

On 3/25/2019 at 12:33 AM, Darth Jar Jar said:

Please make sure suggestions are pertinent and relevant! 

What you want to see? -  A buff to 682, either speed or being more resistant to tranquilizers.

Why should we add it? -  682 is weak right now, because of the SWEP speed and the slow recharge timer for the boost, he already isnt very strong. Then you also add security being able use the tranquilizer 682 easily, because hes slow, and that adds on to the bad stuff of 682. Usually as 682, every time I encounter security, they always are able to use the tranquilizer on me before I can get that close. If the speed is increased or he is more resistant to tranquilizers, more people would want to play as 682, or even buy silver to play as him.

What are the advantages of having this? - 682 would feel strong as he should be, because he is 682. It would be more fun to play as him, and he wouldnt just be a big, slow moving target.

Who is it mainly for? - SCP-682 mainly, but it also increases the roleplay of when 682 breaks out, since he cant be contained extremely easily anymore.

Links to any content -  N/A

+support

+Support - 682 is not as dangerous as it should be. 682 is meant to be a DANGEROUS, ALMOST INDESTRUCTIBLE REPTILE. Not a beefy player model that can get tranquilized within one or two shots.

You downright scoundrel, I'm supporting this for a more dangerous, but not too dangerous, 682.

• Like 1

Author of the OFFICIAL Thing's Rangiatea is not Allowed to do at the Foundation (THRAF)

Former SCP-RP Staff, Event Team, Teamspeak Support Member

Current Riot Trooper Officer, Stormtrooper Sergeant First Class - ImperialRP

22 hours ago, Dr. Ternith Plague said:

+Support - 682 is not as dangerous as it should be. 682 is meant to be a DANGEROUS, ALMOST INDESTRUCTIBLE REPTILE. Not a beefy player model that can get tranquilized within one or two shots.

You downright scoundrel, I'm supporting this for a more dangerous, but not too dangerous, 682.

He tranq time can't be changed. As it will affect the whole weapon. But let's try to change his swep up. Or add rule where he needs to be at a low hp amount to be tranqed.

• 2 weeks later...