Jeff's Command Application

Dcethe

Name: Jeff

Current Rank: Executive Researcher

Time in Research (Approximate): around 17 days

Position being applied for: HCZ Research Supervisor

Why should you be research command, AKA what can you bring to the table that the rest of command can't? (100 word minimum);  I believe I can bring more order onto the Site by enforcing the rules when command cannot. For example, I could  get more involved in what researchers are testing on while stopping those who are there just there to create chaos. So I can stop things like a Researcher throwing a Class-D into the incinerator, breaching a SCP's, ect. 

Also I would like to host mini-meetings to address those who have been active, post quality test, and are a good example to show what a good researcher is. Hosting this I hope that it will inspire other researchers to compete and try harder to succeed, leading to a positive growth in the Research Branch.

Research Branch has been growing, but not as fast as the other branches. I would like to improve that by making sure the majority of Senior Researchers know how to train, though I would rather have them be willing and not forced to. It would also be great if we could add in the promotion recommendation forms but restrict it to the more experienced personnel. Preferable making only senior+ researchers able to recommend those of lower rank.

These are some of the things I could hopefully add to the Research Department should i become apart of Command.

What will you do to make research more active and better? (100 word minimum)(Tangible items like activity, expertise or the ability to run trainings, etc)?;  I would love to help Research become a better experience to play as, here are some of the ways i could possible achieve that;

• Adding in proper testing procedures so SCPs' do not breach containment due to accidents from the Research Branch
  • I will make sure that there are not Researchers who join just to abuse the job through minging.
  • Train Senior Researchers on how to properly get Research Assistants to become Junior Researchers
  • I am very active on the server, and whenever i'm not doing testing, i always try to train Research Assistants to become apart of the community.
  • I would like to try to hold mini-meetings where we could cover a number of important topics to Research during that time. Topics like what is acceptable for a test, as I have seen way to many test logs where Researchers throw Class-D's inside a SCP's chamber just to watch them die, or going over possible mistakes that a lot of Researchers are making, such as buying weapons like ak-47's for self defense. During these meetings I hope I can hand out promotions to those who have shown themselves capable of the Research Branch.
Edited by Dcethe

7 hours ago, Inconceivable! said:

Hm. I mean, it's nice, but the whole "enforcing the rules" thing won't work, probably. You can't stop mingers sadly. Your experience is a little low. i'll be at +/- until I get to know more about you. 

8 hours ago, Inconceivable! said:

Hm. I mean, it's nice, but the whole "enforcing the rules" thing won't work, probably. You can't stop mingers sadly. Your experience is a little low. i'll be at +/- until I get to know more about you. 

Yes, it's almost impossible to stop those who join just to troll. They can do it off peak hours or when there are no staff on.

i'm just suggesting that i can help out with enforcing the current rule-set because i am active almost every day. The current Command have done a great job at stopping people from joining Research just to minge, and i believe i can add onto that as i have already talked to multiple Junior Researchers about breaking the SOP.

Otherwise thanks for the comment Inconceivable!

Also thanks Spookie and Corner for the Support.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dcethe said:

Yes, it's almost impossible to stop those who join just to troll. They can do it off peak hours or when there are no staff on.

i'm just suggesting that i can help out with enforcing the current rule-set because i am active almost every day. The current Command have done a great job at stopping people from joining Research just to minge, and i believe i can add onto that as i have already talked to multiple Junior Researchers about breaking the SOP.

Otherwise thanks for the comment Inconceivable!

Also thanks Spookie and Corner for the Support.

Yeah, of course, that's good.