SCP 173 Termination Test 3/4/2019

Dcethe

Lore Name: Jeff

Clearance Level: 2

List of personnel involved in testing: Researcher Jeff, Security SO Prince Vegeta and anomalous harpoon from SCP-1329-1 + 3 other JR researchers watching.

Level D personnel involved: N/A

SCP: 173

Hypothesis: An anomalous spear was recovered by the foundation at site-37 was found to have extreme irregular properties. Such properties include homing onto the nearing person and injecting spikes into that subject when thrown. All subjects exposed to the Harpoon have died upon coming into contact, so in theory SCP-173 should be killed when coming into contact with the spear.

Observation: I had a nearby Jr Researcher open up the CC, when i entered i had the guard come with me as backup and the Jr Researcher closed the door behind me.

There was a D-Class inside the CC with a AK-47 however he quickly died to the spear, a nice little warm up may i add.

Afterwards i observed SCP-173 for any potential abnormalities before the experiment started, when none was found i Threw the spear at him. What happened next was the spear collided with 173 breaking off large pieces of concrete.

however before testing could continue i had to stop it because there was a Major Breach Event, so i promptly ended the test and head to the Panic Room.

Visual Stimuli (Photos/videos):

Errors and/or safety hazards:  If there is only 2 people watching its possible 173 could move and try to terminate staff personnel.

Conclusion: It is possible to terminate SCP-173 with the anomalous spear as it has shown to do damage to the SCP, however doing so would be considered wasteful as we still have much to learn about SCP-173

Approved by the Director of R&D and the Head of Research. For use in Site-05.

Secure,

Contain, 

And Protect.

Edited by Dcethe