Remove Security NLR in D block/D Class Deaths

Matricies

What you want to see? - Security NLR removed while in D block or dying from D class personel.

Why should we add it? - Security have several jobs on the foundation site and one of them includes controlling D class and dealing with D class riots. However, there can easily be an upwards of 15+ D class online with only 6-8 security members. With the nerfed damage values on guns, D class are easily able to approach security officers with melee weapons and to make it worse they can now have seemingly permanent pistols and assault rifles. As little as 3-5 D class can be responsible for killing the Security officers constantly but because of the NLR timers on security combined with the sheer amount of D class, this usually results in them all rushing out the door and causing easy havoc on the rest of the site while security is able to do little about it for the 3 minutes. If we are going to give D class advantages they really should not have (Assault Weaponry, Pistols, Easy to Approach with Melee weapons) security should really have the NLR timer removed if they are in D block or if it caused by a D Class. D class having NLR themselves is not a realistic solution to issue as it is incredibly difficult to enforce but removing NLR from security would help alleviate some issues.

What are the advantages of having this? - This not only improves the balancing a bit when it comes to controlling D class but would help relieve issues felt by other foundation branches when mass D class breaches happen. It also relieves frustration for security who have NLR despite riot control being one of our PRIMARY duties with the number of people we have to control with the few security who are on at a given time.

Who is it mainly for? - All Foundation Branches (Security is the primary but when D class breach en masse, every branch feels the impact.)

Links to any content - None, this is a simple Rule Change.

Edited by Matricies

+support 

D class don't have NLR but can easily kill us 

then we get blamed and told  "can't you guys do your job" 

will mean fewer lockdowns as the main reason for lockdowns tend to be 3 or 4 people attacking us and killing us all 

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

2 hours ago, th3 said:

+Support

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

On 3/4/2019 at 10:49 AM, Rangiatea said:

+support 

D class don't have NLR but can easily kill us 

then we get blamed and told  "can't you guys do your job" 

will mean fewer lockdowns as the main reason for lockdowns tend to be 3 or 4 people attacking us and killing us all 

+/- support 

From a D-Class perspective of it, the removal of NLR would be "unfair" and it could be abused. If NLR is just removed for only D block then I can fully support this, but I could see some SO's rushing out of D-Block and killing someone who got out.

From a SO's perspective of it 
- would remove a majority of the Lockdowns
- allow for more riot control
- can fully RP

you can take my vote either way if you wish.

+/- Support 

- it will make it much harder for ClassD to have the ability to escape/become CI and reduces their RP in a whole by a bunch.

+ Makes it much easier on Security, I tend to hang out in Dblock and I always find at least 2 ClassD wiping the floor with GENSEC using a knife. Saw 1 ClassD kill (Swat armor SCP) easily and continue to kill 2-3 other security officers afterwards.

On 3/7/2019 at 11:45 PM, Weareinfected said:

+/- Support 

- it will make it much harder for ClassD to have the ability to escape/become CI and reduces their RP in a whole by a bunch.

+ Makes it much easier on Security, I tend to hang out in Dblock and I always find at least 2 ClassD wiping the floor with GENSEC using a knife. Saw 1 ClassD kill (Swat armor SCP) easily and continue to kill 2-3 other security officers afterwards.

It will not matter if D class escape on their own anymore. CI has to break them out. If CI come, the chance of D CLASS escaping will naturally become higher.

+support on my side though

I'm Just a Big Tom and Jerry Fan. 

tenor--1-.gif.701eb66430b7956f5cac65c4ce677b06.gif

On 3/5/2019 at 10:49 AM, Androntel said:

+support

Especially with knife rushing, and it being able to 1-2 shot the SOs while our guns take 2-3 magizines to kill. We die a lot. It sucks to have to lockdown cause of this.

Retired General of the Armies | | Retired State A. Lieutenant Colonel | | Retired Super Admin

North

-Support

Instead I recommend the addition of NLR for D class. If security had no NLR then D class effectively have no way to escape. Security can immediately sprint back out of their bunks/spawn and gun down the D class who just killed them effectively eliminating the escape chance to the fact that security now has a fresh set of HP/Armor where as the D class is already weakened. If D class had NLR this would help stop the spam assaults on security while still providing a fair chance at escape

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

15 hours ago, ISF Knuckles said:

-Support

Instead I recommend the addition of NLR for D class. If security had no NLR then D class effectively have no way to escape. Security can immediately sprint back out of their bunks/spawn and gun down the D class who just killed them effectively eliminating the escape chance to the fact that security now has a fresh set of HP/Armor where as the D class is already weakened. If D class had NLR this would help stop the spam assaults on security while still providing a fair chance at escape

Pardon my language but how tf we suppose to enforce that with no lol feed not being able to see names from far away and having to check logs every time for a sit. Also since the is like 20 D-class how can we easily tell who is who when they all look alike. If igneous speaks with me if this is accepted I can aren't for is a certain amount of dclass and this amount of security the is no nlr. A suggestion was also made for adding nlr for dclass and was denied.

• Sad 1

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

16 hours ago, ISF Knuckles said:

-Support

Hello Knuckles,

Unfortunately, while D class NLR is also an idea, it would be incredibly hard for staff to keep up with it due to the number of D class on all the time. It would take up a lot more time then would be necessary to just remove NLR from security in the D block area. So its more of a practicality issue because I think it sounds good in theory but its not very feasible in practice here.