The most IMPORTANT possible suggestion - Denied

Suggestion: Require all mods/admins and all police, to reread the MOTD. 

I just had a sit with ~5 cops and 2 admins and i was accused of breaking the rules by having printers as a gun dealer. 

Once i let them know that i had just read the motd yesterday and knew for a fact I wasn't breaking any rules I was then accosted for "acting like i knew more" than ~5 officers and 2 admins 

All the while I'm being as calm and cordial as possible. I've played on other gmod servers a lot and have no problem being respectful during a sit. 

Finally one of the admins decided to go read through the motd while 3 players (including me), ~5 police officers, and the 2 mods were forced to sit there for quite a while

Eventually he found that I was correct; it is okay to have printers as a gun dealer. 

He did finally admit he was wrong and we were then able to go about our business. 

CONCLUSION: it is a serious threat to the integrity of the game if Police and **especially** admins don't know the rules. 

I think it would be beneficial for the game as a whole if at the very least Officers and admins are required to reread the MOTD in it's entirety. 

Thank you for your consideration. 

*********Less needed but still relevant backstory*********

I'll try to make this quick:

Basically me and a random guy I met decided to build a gun shop together, he is very new so I was showing him how to build and how to make money. 

We had a totally legal gun store, both licensed and only selling pistols. We did this to ensure there would be no reason police could raid us. 

After a while we both had high tier printers and were having a grand ol time running the gun shop. 

Then, this random player (no mic) decided he wanted to hang out in the shop i guess, and he would dance and we'd laugh, yada yada. 

For some reason this guy decided to place some crates of illegal weapons on our counter, i think he wanted to give them to us. I told him we don't want them because it was a legal shop and we didn't want to get raided. I asked him to put them away. 

Just at that moment of course, a cop walks in the store and says "are those illegal weapons?"

Shit. 

Before we know it the whole force is in our shop and arresting this random guy. I told them he brought the guns in and this is a legal gun shop only. 

Then the cops decided that since the weapons were technically in my store that they had probable cause to raid us. 

I didn't believe that wss probable cause, since they weren't my weapons and even the random guy admitted they were his and we didn't sell them to him. 

So i called an admin to sort this out. 

And the rest is history i guess. 

My main concern now is that people can just go in anyones store and say they have illegal weapons, effectively swatting anyone they want and i belive that is a detriment to the server. 

Anyone who read this far, do you believe weapons that are effectively outside the base should warrent probably cause for a police raid? 

Thanks for reading. 

Edit: spelling

Edited by Backhand134 SuperiorServers.co

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason

Lead Account Manager

Backend Operations | Custom  Jobs | Proud Member since 2017