Message added by Scheffer

Posted (edited)

Steam Name: SpencerW

Ingame Name: RU PVT Spencer

SteamID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/SpencerW/

Ban Length: Permaban

Admin that Banned you: Scheffer

Reason for Ban: Hacking

Dispute: I have never hacked in GMod. I was alt tabbed watching YouTube and then when I tapped back in, I was Permabanned for hacking. No one talked to me at all so... 

Edited by Spencer

as much as i like it does seem quite likely you are hacking your shots are absurd and your tracing people 

Posted (edited)

-Support

Evidence is Clear

Shows you locking on to Krimson who was AFK behind a crate for a long time.  There was no way you could've known he was there.  At 0:58 it shows you looking right at him.  Before that it shows you looking at Steakhouse Guy or Bobby instantly after looking at Hudson.  This was at 0:34.  May I also say you had gained around 240 kills from the time I joined the server.  The server maxed out at just over 20 and you have 240 legit kills?  Doesn’t sound right to me.

Edited by PXRPs

1 minute ago, Slenderman_ said:

Scheffer are you on crack? none of the movements were snapping and all of it was soft movements and the third person line is, first of all, is not something that works properly second of all why are you in the third person you can't even tell what he's even shooting at. Second of all If you say it walls you he checked spots only if he saw people peek there before if you're to blind to see that you shouldn't be a manager. All of you if you think this hacking your stupid and if your agreeing just to agree with a manager grow a pair and talk back to this bullshit

start of with who are you also dont disrespect the manager so how about you get your facts straight before disrespecting a manager you arrogant kid

12 minutes ago, PXRPs said:

-Support

Evidence is Clear

Shows you locking on to Krimson who was AFK behind a crate for a long time.  There was no way you could've known he was there.

I was asked to review this, nothing in this video remotely demonstrates that Spencer is cheating, and for future reference, you should record in first person rather than third in order to have a better POV.

If this is sufficient evidence to prove someone is cheating, half of the leaders on the kill leaderboard might as well be cheating. Someone being decent at the game does not make them a cheater. 

+Support

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

+Support

-Where you said he was aiming at crimson he way just typing

-His shots don't even hit most of the time

-Can't really be wall hacking with how little places the us can come from

-Third person isn't the best way to show how someone is hacking 

Edited by Rëbørñ_SNIP3R
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Instead of making multiple comments, I'm going to make a general statement.

Today I was permabanned from Gaminglight MilitaryRP server. Let me give you some background about myself. I have been playing FPS games for as long as I could remember. I played CSGO competitively for 3 years. I got into BR's about two years ago playing H1Z1, PUBG, Fortnite, and Apex. I enjoy playing FPS games and I would consider myself I pretty decent player. I joined the Gaminglight community about a year ago. I started off grinding the ranks like any other player and found that I was having a lot of fun playing Mil. I applied for staff after a month of playing and started to rise in the ranks on the staff team. I also started playing in StarwarsRP as well, getting all they way up to BG. 

After being a part of the gaminglight community for a couple months, my passion to get on started to fade. Like I said in my resignation post, it started to feel like a job more than a hobbie. I lost the drive to get on and play Mil. So I decided to leave and focus on school and other activities. A couple months passed and I was curious about the Mil server and decided to get back on to see what was going on. As soon as I login in and played my first war, that passion came back. I was having a lot of fun and it was cool to see some of the players still playing before I quit. I loved that they went back to the map that I started on. I liked the changes they made to weapons. I was starting to enjoy playing. 

Today, 2-28-19, I got on like any other day and started to play like normal. I was playing the exact way I played since I started playing. My shot was on and I was fraging out like normal. I heard over the radio that people were complaining that I was killing them too fast, which felt good. It felt good because I knew that people were recognizing my skill. I would of never thought that this would of caused me to get permabanned. After the last TDM war I played finished, I alt tabbed to watch a YouTube video. I tabbed back in to see how much time I had left before next war, and I got a messaged saying that I had been permabanned. 

At first I thought this was a joke or a mistake. So I went into the TS to talk to whoever banned me and Scheffer explained to me that he and several others had concluded that I was hacking. This obviously came to a shock to me because I wasn't expecting multiple people to honestly believe that I was hacking. I made this forum post and awaited staff to post the proof. Staff posted the video, which I really encourage you to watch, and was really confused. Here is why I was confused:

1. The clip is in third person. I know there is a red bar to see where i'm looking, but when I am not scoped, I could be looking anywhere on the screen. It doesn't have to be right where the line is pointing. 

2. The clip shows only 5 kills. When I was talking to staff, they made it out to seem like I was killing 10-15 people back to back. In this clip, you will see me missing shots and dying. 

3. Some people were talking about how I was snapping on to people instantly and only hitting heads. Here is what I have to say about this. 

a. When people are standing still, it's extremely easy to hit them in the head (ask any FPS gamer). 

b. I know that people are there because when people spawn, there are not a lot of places they can go. US base isn't that big so it's easy to predict where people are going to run. 

c. Sometimes I see someone go behind a wall so I know where they are. When they peek, I already know where they can be and it's easy to get a shot off.

d. When I am not scoped in, it can seem like middle of the screen is right where someone is. This doesn't mean I have walls and tracking people through walls. It could just mean that there is someone standing there and I happen to be looking there. It could just mean I am waiting for people to push out of base. 

e. There are multiple times when I hit people in the body. People have claimed that I "snap" onto someones head. In the video, I can't see me snapping onto someones head. 

This is last thing I will say. I hate being accused of something that isn't true. Like I said before, I would considered myself I decent FPS player. I have learned over the years on how to aim and how to be accurate. I personally don't think the video proves that I am hacking. I would encourage everyone reading this one to watch the video that staff posted and determined if that is enough proof to PERMABAN me. 

P.S. If someone sees something in the video that seems suspicious, I would love to talk you in TS or discord and try to explain why it's legit and not hacking.  

Edited by Spencer

-support

I’ve watched the video 2-3 times now, and I have to agree with the fact that this does not show any evidence of aim hacking. While there is occaisonal locking on, its not common enough to be an aim hack. There is is of course the chance of it being just aim correction software, in which the player just has to aim close, and the software will pit the cursor on the player, but since I am not adept at identifying this, I cannot say for sure if it is evident here or not.

However, what I am seeing is a use of wall hacking. Like I said before, the locking is MOST LIKELY not aim - but it does show signs of something else. The combination of the locking on, as well as you seemingly moving around behind a wall to posistion yourself in the best posistion to peak and snipe as someone moves, is very suspicious. Theres also the direct checking of people through walls - This especially happens to often to be just chance. It also appears that if you try to hide it by just checking random angles.  I’ll add exact timestamps here: [ill do it tmr its late]. 

Overall, while it is possible to debate what the punishment should be, a punishment is indeed necessary.

PS- I eagerly await your blacklist Slendernan.

PSS- Since Im typing this while a reply was just posted Ill respond to it. Spencer, staff has no responsibility nor requirement to speak to major rule breakers before they are punished. The only unprofessionalism that had come from this ban appeal has been on your side. While yes, you cannot control what people reply with, you may want to at least denounce their actions. Aside from that -  Regarding your responses to your video, I would recommend watching it - SLOWLY. Not with the eyes of an accused, but as someone watching it from a neutral party. Your mind will cease to justify actions, and instead look at it for what it is.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I’m going to go with a -Support 

I have a lot experience in the field of hacks. Way back I was an administrator for a CS GO community which saw itself a fair amount of hackers. 

This looks like to me a very common smooth aim assist / lock.  I’ve watched this video a couple of times and there are clear evidence of perfect tracking in accordance to the names that you can see in the distance thanks to the spectate option. Although these movements are smooth, the tracking is perfect, and unless your shroud, this is extremely hard to do not even factoring in the lag that comes naturally with Garry’s mod. 

In addition you did, at some occasions, lock on to people when you were inside the hut . This may be pure coincidence. However given the sittuation, it seems to discredit it a tad bit  

This seems to me like a suttle aim assist / lock. It isn’t enough like some rage hacks to make it seem obvious but it gives you a small, unfair advantage when it comes to gunfights. Which does indeed merit a permanent ban. 

I will just quickly add as well, whenever I have been dealing with hackers that have been banned, they always follow the same track in explaining why they weren’t. It’s not significant to the ban but I will just add this here for consideration. 

That being said, spencer id handeling the sittuation very well. I would possibly consider lowering his perm ban to something not so permanent like a few months.  

Edited by Will Newel
  • Like 1

-Support 

- This is some aimware.net stuff

Also it’s not a good idea to fight people on forums and replying back. 

9 minutes ago, Spencer said:

How am I fighting people. I am simply trying to defend myself. Am I suppose to just stay quiet and not try to defend myself? 

Technically you’re not supposed to reply to your own applications because then it starts conversations like these. That’s where I’ll end it.