Research Command Apps

Quacky ツ

New research command apps as of 2/26/19

Please fill out the form below and reply in this thread.

Apps will be accepted sometime this or next week.

Name:

Time in Research:

Position being applied for:

Why should you be research command, AKA what can you bring to the table that the rest of command can't? (100 word minimum)

What will you do to make research more active and better? (100 word minimum)(Tangible items like activity, expertise or the ability to run trainings, etc)?

Edited by Quacky ツ

Name: Dogz

Time in Research: Around 30 Days

Position being applied for: HCZ Research Manager

Why should you be research command, AKA what can you bring to the table that the rest of command can't? (100 word minimum): I believe that my activity within the server can be a big asset to the research division. I am on the server almost every day and I can see myself continuing to do so for the foreseeable future. Another asset that I can bring to the table is my ability to organize. I am well known throughout my friends and family as being someone who constantly organizes things and works to provide maximum efficiency in everything I do. I believe that I can use these assets to help progress the research division to be at a point where it is the goto thing that people want to join when they enter the server for the first time.

What will you do to make research more active and better? (100 word minimum)(Tangible items like activity, expertise or the ability to run trainings, etc)?: There are a few ideas that I have been toying with in my head to make the research division run more smoothly. One idea that I have had is to make training sessions way easier for people to do. Right now, training sessions are in a weird spot because it is annoying for not just the trainees to go through, but the trainers as well. It can take an extremely long time to either go over the SOP with someone or to let someone read the SOP on their own, and one of the ideas that I have had for more streamlining this process is revamping the quiz. I would work to create a questionnaire on a google form that trainers could give out to the trainees when the time for the quiz rolls around. I would allow all designated trainers access to the answers of this form, so that when all the trainees are done with this form, the trainer can see whether or not the trainees have passed or failed the exam. This would allow for a more streamlined quiz, as many of the problems I have seen while training have been that one person is not able to understand the other, which this form would fix.

• Like 2

Name: GOD

Time in Research: Over 72 hours (In actual time) or Over a month (In timespan)

Position being applied for: LCZ Research Manager

Why should you be research command, AKA what can you bring to the table that the rest of command can't? I plan to bring a more reformed format of testing, inside Light Containment Zone or LCZ for short. I would like to manage the research going on in Light Containment Zone Tests. I strongly believe that I should get this position since I am one of the most active user's in research. I am on literally every day and I will go to great lengths to make sure I can do my part. When I am on vacation I go on my laptop with no mouse, keyboard, or headset. Yet, I still accomplish what needs to be done and beyond. I've even trained a user who only spoke Russian and made an entire SOP for him in Russian. I see that people train someone once a day but I strive to go past that and do two or three if I can. Razonix once told me in a meeting that we want to grow the Research division and maintain its greatness. If I am promoted to LCZ Research Manager I will gladly ensure this happens.

What will you do to make research more active and better? (100 word minimum)(Tangible items like activity, expertise or the ability to run trainings, etc)? I have many plans to make research activity and trainings go by way smoother and more effective. Just one of the things I plan to do to make the process go by better is to make a Research Training Video. This will make the training experience FUN and Informative at the same time. I am currently in the process of making the video. It will contain advanced graphics and quality audio for the viewer to enjoy. I majored in graphic design for a while so I can guarantee that It will be appealing to the eyes. The addition of this video would make the training a whole lot better and will make both Trainer and Trainee ends more interactive and convenient. I know at this state many trainers despise the training process because it eats up to much time and is a very tedious process. But with this, all it takes is to show them a video and then quiz them right after. On top of that the video will cover everything that is discussed in a normal training and EVEN MORE in less than or equal to 15 minutes. New recruits will be able to fully absorb all the information in a new engaging way instead of reading a boring SOP. I can make the video compatible with people who cannot read or speak different languages (Both of which have been shown as problems before). 

Edited by The West Kye
  • Like 1

Name: Dr. L

Time in Research: Over 1 Month

The position being applied for: Any HCZ Command position

Why should you be research command, AKA what can you bring to the table that the rest of command can't? (100-word minimum): Simple, I have many ideas for research, I also have command experience with NTF, this is evident with my push for new ideas even as non-command, I have suggested a new SOP, and have offered to help with it. I feel like a lot of research need some guidance, and I am here to help, I can show people how to make documents well, as I have read many SCP's. I know protocols for containment and escaped SCP's and I can teach new research what to do, as I am a designated trainer. But what I feel like I can contribute the most however is my leadership ability, I can make quick decisions and know what to do in said situations.

What will you do to make research more active and better? (100-word minimum)(Tangible items like activity, expertise or the ability to run training's, etc)?: Well, as I said earlier I have experience, I can also push for peoples suggestions that they have made to be used and updated, as I feel research is very under-valued by other departments. I would like research to become more, intelligent per se as in lore, so no minges or idiots (to be frank) are ruining other experiences. I will also update the roster constantly with activity as I see not many people ever really do such things. I also would like to make it so Junior Researchers get a strike when they enter HCZ(with a first warning) because this is a MAJOR problem.

Edited by Culinary
  • Like 1

Retired E11 Commander Polar

Doctor L

Name: Doggo.exe ( HCZ Assistant Manager Doggo)

Time in Research: From approx. 1-6-19 to present. (Game time is about 3 days)

Position being applied for:  Dr. Clef (But I'll take what I can get.)

Why should you be research command, AKA what can you bring to the table that the rest of command can't? (100 word minimum) I feel like I should be research command, because of my extensive knowledge of SCPs. I believe I can bring a more serious RP and eliminate all the research team minges (trust me there is a lot of them). I'm also well known among the research branch, which means more people would most likely listen to me whenever something happens. I train at least 2-5 people almost every day. I'm always friendly to my fellow peers, and I would put a friendly face for the research branch to show upon. I will encourage newcomers to become part of research so our group can expand, and maybe one day fill up the roster page.

What will you do to make research more active and better? (100 word minimum)(Tangible items like activity, expertise or the ability to run trainings, etc)? One of Research's greatest weakness is activity, when I was a D-Class there was always about 1-2 Researchers on. I will most definitely enforce activity (I'm on practically every day, so I'll make sure it happens). I also would have more designated trainers due to the lack of them, and those who are get pretty annoyed having to train them in the middle of an RP. Finally I will have weekly (at minimum) meetings trying to talk about the problems and status of the researcher team. And as I have mentioned before I have extensive knowledge on the SCP universe which can lead to better RPs and etc.

(Please note that i'm back from LOA and will be active again so when i'm talking about me being active i'm talking about before LOA and in the future.)

(I was also told by Quacky i can apply for Dr. Clef, so that's what i'm doing)

Edited by AnonymousDoggo
Added extra info