[SERVER POLL] Should we switch from TFA to FAS:2?

Igneous

Should SCP-RP Switch from TFA to FAS:2?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should SCP-RP Switch from TFA to FAS:2?

This poll is closed to new votes

It has come to our attention that a lot of players dislike the TFA Weapons, and so we want to see if players would like to see our weapon pack changed to FAS:2. You can check out the weapons yourself here.

With that being said, if it is decided that we want to switch weapon packs it would take a little while for us to implement, balance, and work out any kinks. But hopefully, we would be able to make a smooth transition.

Please vote on the poll, and comment any of your thoughts about us switching to FAS:2.

• Gaminglight Love 1

big cat running GIF

Just now, Quacky ツ said:

DEFINITELY, TFA has been terrible for us, also isn't FAS:2 more customizable?

True.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

1 minute ago, Culinary said:

What would we do with the purchased weapons?

i.e. Falcon

Similar to custom classes, we would have to find suitable alternatives to these weapons or keep the individual weapons while mainly using FAS:2. We would have to discuss a solution, but a suitable replacement would most likely be made.

big cat running GIF

Hello Igneous,

The problem isn't the whole TFA weapon series but the SPECIFIC weapon pack that we use. This specific tfa CSGO weapon pack has no scopes, unreliable hit detection on guns and inaccurate damages across the board. We just need a different TFA pack not switch from TFA in general. Most TFA packs have things like scopes, reliable damage, editable guns and hit detection but this one for some reason does not and it causes it to be a huge problem on here and on Police RP.

But if we decide to switch to Fas2 thats fine as this current TFA CSGO pack is absolutely terrible.

Edited by Matricies
  • Thanks 1

TFA is the one with the inaccurate damages, not the pack.

1 minute ago, Matricies said:

Hello Igneous,

The problem isn't the whole TFA weapon series but the SPECIFIC weapon pack that we use. This specific tfa CSGO weapon pack has no scopes, unreliable hit detection on guns and inaccurate damages across the board. We just need a different TFA pack not switch from TFA in general.

1 minute ago, Matricies said:

Hello Igneous,

The problem isn't the whole TFA weapon series but the SPECIFIC weapon pack that we use. This specific tfa CSGO weapon pack has no scopes, unreliable hit detection on guns and inaccurate damages across the board. We just need a different TFA pack not switch from TFA in general. Most TFA packs have things like scopes, reliable damage, editable guns and hit detection but this one for some reason does not and it causes it to be a huge problem on here and on Police RP.

But if we decide to switch to Fas2 thats fine as this current TFA CSGO pack is absolutely terrible.

As for the damage, we have a convar on the server that determines the damage multiplier. Ours is currently set to .25. Basically means the guns do a quarter of what they normally do. 

big cat running GIF

Hello Igenous,

That would explain a lot about why guns seem like they don't do any damage at all and is problely responsible for a good amount of the complaints with the guns aside from having no scopes to determine. But if people feel like TFA in general sucks at least FAS2 is reliable even if it isn't necessarily the best of the weapon packs.

Edited by Matricies

I feel as if we should just change the weapons to FAS2 and the other one in military RP. 

I think is something called CW 2.0. Anyway we should change it.

United States Air Force Commander | US Captain Drill Instructor | US Military Police Officer SPO |
                                           USAF AFSOC CO-Overseer | USAF MAJCOM CO-Overseer Bloodhound

Personally I like the weapons we have but we do tend to find some problems with them such as damage so switching is probably for the best, I did vote no. FAS2 is much more on the creative side and can give the users much more to work with, i would put a 50/50 but since I can’t I voted no. If FAS2 is added I would mainly wanna see weapon customization, maybe have to purchase them from the store, ETC.

This is definitely something I support. I have experienced a lot of the previously mentioned issues like the weird damage system and I would greatly support a new weapon system and this one looks promising. This would also fix the even worse problem with melee weapons where you can't hit someone unless they are standing still. I would overall support this.

• Like 2

Definitely. The server needs much more fast-paced gaming. Situations such as D class that will not die after a whole mag entered into their head is not realistic. Or situations like D class running up to Security Personnel and starts punching them. Guards should be equipped with proper self-defense weapon to at least protect themselves. More Situations like a D class Punching Security to death are also not realistic. I have been on this server long enough to know that this server stive for realisticness. So for the sake of the server, yes, please.

I'm Just a Big Tom and Jerry Fan. 

tenor--1-.gif.701eb66430b7956f5cac65c4ce677b06.gif

For the love of god please us CW not FAS 

FAS is outdated has very little guns and has a shit ton of misc packs to get decent things

Please look into CW

CW has alot more to offer between custom guns and Settings

it's made by the Same Guy only it's his full MOD!

FAS is what he originally made and with the help of others he created the wonderful flushed and updated CW

Edited by CrimzonEmpire

On 2/19/2019 at 8:22 PM, Jeffe said:

Igneous, if we do switch to TFA I can advise on the weapons to use and buff/nerf since I was using TFA on MilRP since 2016

Nice green name tag, Jeffe. Congrats on superadmin.

Edited by Buckell