Buckell's Community Blacklist Appeal

Buckell

Precursor: As I am filling out this appeal, I don't want my staff rank back, I don't deserve it, and I don't expect any of my RP ranks back. All I want is to continue playing on the community I have been playing on for nearly two years now and to continue interacting with the community I have grown so fond of. I don't want my final times on the Gaminglight community to end with a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Steam Name: Buckell

In-game Name: Buckell (MTF A1 DI XO Buckell XO32)

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:140966454

Ban Length: Permanent

Banning Admin: Igneous

Reason for Ban: Player poaching and starting a community as staff.

Dispute: Let's start with the starting a community charge. I did not start a community, I was invited to it by the people who did and offered a high rank (I am not going to list their names but I'm sure you can figure it out). Joining this community was a mistake, especially since I was staff for Gaminglight at the time. I said I understood the staff handbook and by my actions, it showed that I was untruthful and I truly apologize to the Gaminglight community and staff team for doing this. All I was thinking about was the dumb rank and not the Gaminglight community. Like I said, I don't want my staff rank back, I just want to play on the server again. As for the player poaching charge, I did not message anyone about the server who didn't ask about it in the first place and even then (I explained why I was blacklisted and they found out about the server that way), I never advocated joining the server. I apologize to the Gaminglight Senior Management Team and to the Gaminglight community as a whole for my poor actions and bad choices.

(My forums tags need to be removed. Also, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put a CB appeal.)

Edited by Buckell
Bottom note.

+Support

He was the one being poached, not the poacher. He was asked to join a community as a high up rank, and in the excitement of the moment accepted it. He was then blacklisted for “player poach” when he was poached by homer and sensei because they disliked the community and how it was run.

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Timmemes said:

+Support

He was the one being poached, not the poacher. He was asked to join a community as a high up rank, and in the excitement of the moment accepted it. He was then blacklisted for “player poach” when he was poached by homer and sensei because they disliked the community and how it was run.

Should be perm staff restricted tho, considering he accepted a manager position.

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

+Support

The evidence presented against the 3 individuals showed that Buckell himself never actually participated in player poaching others, however he was subject to it. He verbally accepted a high ranking staff position on another community, but never tried to force others to join the community itself. I do feel that a permanent or long term staff restriction is on order though, due to the severity of the violation, and the blatant breach of the staff handbook. That or his blacklist reduced to a temporary ban, and a documented written warning. Buckell is a good guy who made a stupid mistake, and a punishment is in order, but not a Community Blacklist.

7 minutes ago, Hooplaa said:

+Support

The evidence presented against the 3 individuals showed that Buckell himself never actually participated in player poaching others, however he was subject to it. He verbally accepted a high ranking staff position on another community, but never tried to force others to join the community itself. I do feel that a permanent or long term staff restriction is on order though, due to the severity of the violation, and the blatant breach of the staff handbook. That or his blacklist reduced to a temporary ban, and a documented written warning. Buckell is a good guy who made a stupid mistake, and a punishment is in order, but not a Community Blacklist.

31 minutes ago, Timmemes said:

+Support

13 minutes ago, Hooplaa said:

+Support

• Manager
11 hours ago, Kade said:

+Support

Buckell was poached

He did not advertise

He didn't share links

All the evidence showed was him verbally agreeing to take a manager position in a non-existing server, at the moment.

However he did breach Staff handbook by not reporting these people and accepting the position therefore a 6 monthish staff restriction seems reasonable

〖  PoliceRP Senior Management Team | Manager

〖  Lead Account Manager  〗

10 hours ago, Jet TZ said:

11 hours ago, Hooplaa said:

+Support

11 hours ago, Timmemes said:

+Support

12 hours ago, Timmemes said:

+Support

world things GIF
『Retired Head of Staff on ImperialRP』

+/- Support

Buckell is very sorry about his actions, I'm sure of it. He did share a link to new communities though, which is still something that needs to be accounted for. Personally, I hope that Buckell makes a return to gaminglight, but I need to stay unbiased.

Good luck.

16 hours ago, Hooplaa said:

+Support

3 hours ago, Igneous said:

For those who did not see the video, Buckell did, in fact, share a link to their new communities forums in the GAMINGLIGHT TEAMSPEAK. Please remember that when commenting supports. 

a45df6e1c883c675005b6858f70c8617.png

Guess I missed that part ? Ok, maybe he should stay Blacklisted. . .

I'm just going to wait for SMT's final decision. 

For those who did not see the video, Buckell did, in fact, share a link to their new communities forums in the GAMINGLIGHT TEAMSPEAK. Please remember that when commenting supports. 

That was not the new communtity. That was the forums of an old community I used to work for and I apologize for sending that link in the GL Teamspeak.

17 hours ago, th3 said:

https://gyazo.com/8b9ae727f8957cbf28dd0e167c642619 Sorry but I don't necessarily believe you. Considering all it took was under a day for you to entirely reverse your story.

-Support

Player poaching is something that greatly affects our community as a whole. You knew before you did it that you were in the wrong. You also accept a higher rank on a different community, that just shows me that you're power hungry. I do not believe you should be unblacklisted.

10 minutes ago, GhostlyNinjaDude said:

-Support

Player poaching is something that greatly affects our community as a whole. You knew before you did it that you were in the wrong. You also accept a higher rank on a different community, that just shows me that you're power hungry. I do not believe you should be unblacklisted.

-Support

Going to have to agree with Ghost on this, you should have fully understood the consequences of your actions beforehand.

+support

You made a mistake, and one you clearly regret. And while I don’t agree with what you did, you have put effort into our community. And I think you deserve to stay.

I believe you should have a permanent staff restriction, but that is it.

I also suggest some probationary act happening such as staff needing to be in game and in his TS channel when he is on.

-NTF Commander Polar

Retired E11 Commander Polar

Doctor L

Quick reminder to check the forum rules of your post was hidden.

-/+ Support

The night you were banned you posted a message that basically shared the responsibility of what happened. I would like to know in either a private message or here why you posted this.

https://imgur.com/gallery/PK8cIFR

If you were unbanned I would say a 12 month staff restriction would be fine and a 6 month command restriction.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

On 2/18/2019 at 6:10 PM, Buckell said:

That was not the new communtity. That was the forums of an old community I used to work for and I apologize for sending that link in the GL Teamspeak.

If this is truly So then he isn't player poaching and thus was false igneous along those lines

its an old community.  I don't see enough Evidence that constants a blacklist

may be a staff ban and temp by association acceptance

but Nothing clearly states he poached.

he was "poached" 

Personally, I wish you guys would have launched an investigation before a hasty blacklist. to get the full scoop on everything like our justice systems but so is life.

Buckell made a bad decision broke a staff guideline that would get you kicked from/blacklisted from staff

not a community  

Edited by CrimzonEmpire

2 minutes ago, CrimzonEmpire said:

If this is truly So then he isn't player poaching and thus was false igneous along those lines

its an old community.  I don't see enough Evidence that constants a blacklist

may be a staff ban and temp by association acceptance

but Nothing clearly states he poached.

he was "poached" 

Personally, I wish you guys would have launched an investigation before a hasty blacklist. to get the full scoop on everything like our justice systems but so is life.

Buckell made a bad decision broke a staff guideline that would get you kicked from/blacklisted from staff

not a community  

The evidence used was examined by more than 1 member of SMT and JMT along with several high ranking staff members. All felt that it was player poaching.

SCPRP Head of Staff

19 minutes ago, CrimzonEmpire said:

And the brought up evidence was? 

and wasn't a pushed verdict by a higher SMT?

no disrespect 

It was a youtube video as igneous stated before.

SMT of any rank are able to blacklist, so I don't understand your question.

SCPRP Head of Staff