New Weapon System - Custom Weapons 2.0 - Denied

Duncan  McOkiner

Custom Weapons 2.0 Replacing TFA  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Custom Weapons 2.0 to replace TFA as Gaminglight PoliceRP's current weapon base/pack?

• Yes, completely and utterly, delete TFA altogether. Also, ADD the new magazine system.
    • Yes, completely and utterly, delete TFA altogether. But, do NOT add the new magazine system.
    • Yes, for the most part, but keep TFA, and require Custom Classes to have to repurchase weapons for quicker implementation of CW 2.0 for the Government / Regular jobs.
    • No, I do not like this suggestion, and I would like TFA to remain as PoliceRP's weapon base/pack.

Forethought: Yes, this post is relatively long(ish, not really) for a suggestion thread. This is an extremely large suggestion, impacting the server in a tremendous way. Longer post may be required to gain support. 

What you want to see? - A new weapons pack/base. TFA is alright, but, it's ONLY alright. CW 2.0 is a fan-favorite. 

Why should we add it? - TFA is relatively boring. CW 2.0 adds realism, easier balancing through attachments, customizability, and more versatility. 

What are the advantages of having this? - Lots. Immersion, people being happier with their weapon and getting to feel like it truly is "theirs", and easier updates through the means of changing guns. CW 2.0 gives the options of locking attachments for particular jobs' weapons, so you could give, for example, an SNR and LCPL the same MP5 with locked attachments, then giving a CPL an unlocked variant of the same gun. Overall, I think everyone would be happy because they could actually use guns they LIKE, as opposed to always wanting the BEST guns, given that attachments do a LOT in CW 2.0.

What are the disadvantages of having this? - EVERYTHING would need to be redone. Dozens of Custom Classes would have to have their weapons reconfigured, Dozens of Government and Criminal jobs would have to have their guns reconfigured, and a whole bunch of balancing would need to occur in the beginning to make sure the guns function properly with the server's dynamic.

Who is it mainly for? - Most people say "everyone" because it affects lots of people in indirect ways (ala rule changes), but this genuinely affects every single person on the server at some point. 

Links to any content

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=349050451 (Custom Weapons 2.0)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=358608166 (CW 2.0 Extra Weapons)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=486217238 (This is an extra magazine system that adds extreme realism. Not only do you have to buy your ammo, you have to reload them as well. I think this could add some EXTREMELY interesting dynamics to the server, where people would actually have to "gear up" to do something big, like a robbery or raid. This is optional, but I think would fit perfectly with the server, and add a learning curve to try to pass)

-SUPPORT

I did yellow as a light -SUPPORT. As much as I would LOVE to see CW 2.0 on the server, I don't think it will happen because the server is laggy enough as is. Adding those weapons will only make it worse, and it will affect everyone's gameplay. 

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Proud Member of GamingLight since March 2018 ||

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

+/- support

+The weapons in we have currently I disagree like because they feel clunky and the macanics feel aful compareded to CW2.0 witch I love

-but like other people said all gov,cc ,gun dealers and Crim classes

EX Secret Secret Service ASAIC, EX DOC CPL, EX EMS, EX ARU MSGT, EX Staff Moderator 

PD MSGT, Secret Service SSA Reserve

9 hours ago, Voxis said:

-SUPPORT

I did yellow as a light -SUPPORT. As much as I would LOVE to see CW 2.0 on the server, I don't think it will happen because the server is laggy enough as is. Adding those weapons will only make it worse, and it will affect everyone's gameplay. 

10 hours ago, Voxis said:

-SUPPORT

26 minutes ago, Nicolaaas said:

Ex. Dep Comm

On 2/13/2019 at 4:10 AM, warcub03 said:

+/- support

+The weapons in we have currently I disagree like because they feel clunky and the macanics feel aful compareded to CW2.0 witch I love

-but like other people said all gov,cc ,gun dealers and Crim classes

Optimization I think would be way more difficult however having a different weapon pack would be awesome. 

-Support as of right now as CW is apparently worse in terms of optimization Than TFA Csgo 

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

As much as I hate to say it

- Support

This would come with so many issues, examples being

- Customizations would Most Likely initiate more lag than there already is

- Every. Single. Job. would have to be entirely reworked, reupdated, balanced, and changed to fit the new weapons. It's hard to give new guns to departments and CCs as it is

-  This would pose an entirely new, untouched set of balance issues

- SRT Commander Blitzton 1K67 - PD MSGT Blitzton 1C67 - Future Pilot -

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason

Lead Account Manager

Backend Operations | Custom  Jobs | Proud Member since 2017