Renting Space on Billboards

Rando

What you want to see? - The ability to rent space on the new billboards around Rockford. They could promote families, branches of government, public notices, etc...

Why should we add it? - It would increase role play on the server and make Rockford look and feel more realistic and full.

What are the advantages of having this? - Increasing immersion in the game and perhaps a way to generate a small amount of revenue for the server if done with credits.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone

Links to any content - I saw something similar on another server. If I find it again I will grab a screenshot.

7 hours ago, Will Newel said:

+Support 

Rahter than making it publicly accessible, make it so only command of departments and staff have access to the billboards.

Command members could advertise their departments and criminals could get staff to put up an advert promoting their family. 

No I think it should be rented by anyone for a price 

12 hours ago, Will Newel said:

+Support 

Rahter than making it publicly accessible, make it so only command of departments and staff have access to the billboards.

Command members could advertise their departments and criminals could get staff to put up an advert promoting their family. 

On 2/11/2019 at 4:49 AM, Dane said:

+Support

But, it could be easily abused.

I really dont like when people say this. "its easily abusable". Just make it expensive like 1-3 million. Even if it is abused its staffs job to literally stop people from abusing it. People abuse a lot of things, but it doesn't stop them from being in game. Thats the entire reason we have staff.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nicolaaas said:

I really dont like when people say this. "its easily abusable". Just make it expensive like 1-3 million. Even if it is abused its staffs job to literally stop people from abusing it. People abuse a lot of things, but it doesn't stop them from being in game. Thats the entire reason we have staff.

Wrong, it’s very easy to get 1 million nowadays. 

Have a random come on the sever, spend 2hrs basing and then have enough money to put up what ever they want on a billboard. Server advertisement included.  It would be a very bad idea to give access to non staff. 

And “Our” job as staff is already a handful as it stands. I find it unfair that your making claims about the staff’s jobs without even being staff yourself to see what we go through on a daily. 

Edited by Will Newel

-/+ Support

4 hours ago, Will Newel said:

Wrong, it’s very easy to get 1 million nowadays. 

Have a random come on the sever, spend 2hrs basing and then have enough money to put up what ever they want on a billboard. Server advertisement included.  It would be a very bad idea to give access to non staff. 

And “Our” job as staff is already a handful as it stands. I find it unfair that your making claims about the staff’s jobs without even being staff yourself to see what we go through on a daily. 

I agree fully with Will 

6 hours ago, Nicolaaas said:

Nowadays, it's very easy to earn yourself one million. Like Will said, staff's job is already handful as it is, having this would just increase the amount of staff's work. But, having it where it would be restricted to certain players, it would ease out staff members on dealing issues regarding this and decrease the amount of players abusing this feature.