Stealing Police Uniforms

Nicolaaas

What you want to see? - (Hear this out, dont just read the first thing and -support please) A function to where if you kill a cop, you can right click on their body to change your player model to their police uniform. (Gov. may not go off their name to see 

Why should we add it? - It would be awesome to be able to RP breaking into PD and doing a jail break while dressed as a PD officer. Also me and other people have RPed infiltrating PD to get information from their computers, and it would be very cool if we were able to pretend to be PD to do this. Not to mention how difficult it is to get someone in cuffs out of PD during a jailbreak while literally every unit is coming for you. This would allow a more strategic approach and balance gov and crim a little more. Also would mean more RP to FBI, they could guard PD and look for suspicious individuals 

What are the advantages of having this? -

• Increases RP
  • Allows more usefulness of PD now that there is no DOC
  • Makes it easier to jailbreak

Who is it mainly for? -Criminals and FBI.

36 minutes ago, th3 said:

-Support

This would be incredibly mingy

No offense, but it would be nice if you could give some examples or even explain why you think this would be mingey. Anything could be mingey if the wrong person does it. Its staff's job to handle those people and punish them accordingly. But most of the time they just end up with a verbal ? 

Edited by Nicolaaas

8 minutes ago, Nicolaaas said:

No offense, but it would be nice if you could give some examples or even explain why you think this would be mingey. Anything could be mingey if the wrong person does it. Its staff's job to handle it.

One example I can think of is criminals almost “taking over” the pd. This is policerp not criminalrp and I think having this sort of thing ingame would not help roleplay as it could easily be abused in my mind. Frankly I don’t think it would easily be justified by “amazing rp” due to the abuse that could happen with it, also the lack of any add on suggested for it. 

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

1 minute ago, Alton said:

How would you be able to identify that the person is impersonating Police? and would it apply to custom gov jobs, because you can't use their cars or guns so why would you use their skins?

This is a good point. But you would be able to identify the person impersonating police by seeing if they are in police teamspeak maybe ? Idk

12 minutes ago, Alton said:

How would you be able to identify that the person is impersonating Police? and would it apply to custom gov jobs, because you can't use their cars or guns so why would you use their skins?

That could be something that PD would have to figure out. Maybe develop a system of codes you have to use to confirm your identity 

59 minutes ago, th3 said:

One example I can think of is criminals almost “taking over” the pd. This is policerp not criminalrp and I think having this sort of thing ingame would not help roleplay as it could easily be abused in my mind. Frankly I don’t think it would easily be justified by “amazing rp” due to the abuse that could happen with it, also the lack of any add on suggested for it. 

A cooldown could be included, so they would have to advert *steals PD uniform* Maybe 10-15 minutes? 

And honestly the excuse "this is policeRP not criminalRP" is just dumb. What do you need to encourage the government to be active and to have fun? CRIMINALS, this server is just as much Criminal RP as it is PoliceRP

this suggestion is kind of like the stealing gov vehicles rules 

i don't know why the stealing gov vehicles rule was added but its a simalor problem

EX Secret Secret Service ASAIC, EX DOC CPL, EX EMS, EX ARU MSGT, EX Staff Moderator 

PD MSGT, Secret Service SSA Reserve

1 hour ago, BigJohnny said:

This is a good point. But you would be able to identify the person impersonating police by seeing if they are in police teamspeak maybe ? Idk

That would then require to metagame, breaking the MOTD.

Ex. Dep Comm

-Support

If people can impersonate PD;

They could give another PD member a bad name by impersonating them

They could go round demoting or promoting people if impersonating a command member

Would encourage stealing police cars which is against the rules

People would minge as this and mess around.

Not to mention spawn killing, false arrests turning into kidnapping, taking over government areas, etc.

Edited by Unkn0wn_F1R3
  • Like 1

Retired Deputy Commissioner Bob Bob 1K51

5 hours ago, Unkn0wn_F1R3 said:

-Support

They could go round demoting or promoting people if impersonating a command member

Not to mention spawn killing, false arrests turning into kidnapping, taking over government areas, etc.

Agreed, even if we had rules saying you cant do that stuff people would still do it. Also there is no link to any content so we couldn't really add it

5 hours ago, Unkn0wn_F1R3 said:

-Support

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor