Biggest Ounce's Report

Com Truise

Your In-Game Name: Thy Father Gregori 

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:74324669 

Staff (s) member's In-Game Name: Billy King & Smoke King

What did they do? : Misunderstood historically contextual joke, and got very mad threatening me with warnings and such. Even after I attempted to explain the reasoning behind the quip, for the fact that it might offend Muslims. 

Evidence (REQUIRED): Here is the link to the Sign that I created - / Much of the sit was verbal and I was not recording so forgive me

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198108915067/screenshot/947347993682375108

Reasons why I think this is NOT Offensive:

1.  exploiting hundreds of years of tensions between Catholic/Christian/Orthodox tensions between Muslims occupying Jerusalem. 

2. Religiously factual.

3. The sign doesn't contain any derogatory slang or offensive language.

What do you think is an acceptable punishment? : 

- Retraining and redefinition of what counts as offensive or derogatory.

Moved From Archived section

You had a racist sign up saying no Muslims allowed. Trying to say this is some kind of joke, its not a funny joke at all and is racist. Players who are on the server who are Muslim can easily take offense to that and after I talked to you , you were extremely arguementative and disrespectful refusing to comply with what I was telling you. I had other staff also talk with you, you continued to argue in OOC after I told you multiple times to stop. Im suprised you werent warned/minged. Weather or not it is religiously factual it is still racist and people can take offense to it. A phrase that can be racist doesnt have to be derogatory slang it can be anything such as "white people are bad". "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race " that is the definition of racism. You are discriminating against someone of their religious beliefs by saying "no muslims allowed" disallowing access to someone souly because of their race. You can ask Billy he will explain exactly what I have said in this paragraph.

What smoke said, all we said for you to do was to remove the sign, you were very rude and disrespectful towards us and were not listening to us.  You would put up different signs meaning the same thing to avoid it.  Just because it isn't offensive to you it could be offensive to others.

2 minutes ago, Smoke said:

You had a racist sign up saying no Muslims allowed. Trying to say this is some kind of joke, its not a funny joke at all and is racist. Players who are on the server who are Muslim can easily take offense to that and after I talked to you , you were extremely arguementative and disrespectful refusing to comply with what I was telling you. I had other staff also talk with you, you continued to argue in OOC after I told you multiple times to stop. Im suprised you werent warned/minged. Weather or not it is religiously factual it is still racist and people can take offense to it. A phrase that can be racist doesnt have to be derogatory slang it can be anything such as "white people are bad". "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race " that is the definition of racism. You are discriminating against someone of their religious beliefs by saying "no muslims allowed" disallowing access to someone souly because of their race. You can ask Billy he will explain exactly what I have said in this paragraph.

In the Context, I mentioned above, AS in I was making a joke I was exploiting history dating back to the dark ages. As in Catholic tensions with Muslim populous and Muslim refers to people who practice Islam, therefore, the basis was entirely religious and not based on race/creed etc. On the point of arguing I cracked a one-line joke straight out of a 4chan green text and you got angry and I stopped after you told me to do so, and it's not like I was going to actually deny anybody based on their race because I'm not braindead. You can take a few steps back

2 minutes ago, Biggest Ounce said:

In the Context, I mentioned above, AS in I was making a joke I was exploiting history dating back to the dark ages. As in Catholic tensions with Muslim populous and Muslim refers to people who practice Islam, therefore, the basis was entirely religious and not based on race/creed etc. On the point of arguing I cracked a one-line joke straight out of a 4chan green text and you got angry and I stopped after you told me to do so, and it's not like I was going to actually deny anybody based on their race because I'm not braindead. You can take a few steps back

The sign said "No Muslims Allowed", what if someone muslim joined?  If i were muslim I would be offended.  

1 minute ago, HelloItsBilly said:

The sign said "No Muslims Allowed", what if someone muslim joined?  If i were muslim I would be offended.  

He would say that's racist and I would say it's a joke. End of story If he still doesn't understand ill cite the same thing I already put in the context above. This doesn't require a nuclear physicist to break down the sign into its individual electrons to find out its meaning.

I'm just going to state that all of the negative support replies were coming from the admins that were involved in the case, therefore their Support shouldn't be considered in the final aspect as they have a skewed view of the topic. Unless that's already a rule, in that case, don't mind this

-support

@Biggest Ounce this sign is flat out rude. I understand that you were trying to make reference between historical conflict, but you have to think about the context today and not the context in the 1300’s. 

-Support

That is so immature. I have seen people who are younger and more mature that will NEVER post a sign like that saying it is a "joke." I have personally never seen something so racist. And honestly I see NO reason for that sign being in game. THERE IS NO NEED FOR THAT

Responding to your what you said:

"He would say that's racist and I would say it's a joke. End of story If he still doesn't understand ill cite the same thing I already put in the context above. This doesn't require a nuclear physicist to break down the sign into its individual electrons to find out its meaning."

-Once again, there is absolutely no need for this sign to be in game. And saying its a "joke" does not change how racist the sign was. 

"In the Context, I mentioned above, AS in I was making a joke..."

-I found nothing funny in that joke. And I believe a lot of other people found no humor in it too. 

"Religiously factual." 

-Maybe, but why do you need to put up that sign? Oh, there is NO purpose and it does nothing but hurt people's feelings

"I'm just going to state that all of the negative support replies were coming from the admins that were involved in the case, therefore their Support shouldn't be considered in the final aspect as they have a skewed view of the topic."

-I was not part of that sit and your still getting negative responses from people who weren't to. 

I think you should be banned for a good amount of time (if you have not already.) for posting that sign and saying it was a "joke." And I also believe you saying it was a joke to try to get out of the situation. Just my opinion.

Final message of the day

Think before you put something up that can hurt people's feelings. And if there is no need for it, then don't say or post it, there's no need

?Have a good day! ?

~Senior Admin Matthew

Edited by [GL] Matthew

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor

5 minutes ago, Matthew said:

-Support

That is so immature. I have seen people who are younger and more mature that will NEVER post a sign like that saying it is a "joke." I have personally never seen something so racist. And honestly I see NO reason for that sign being in game. THERE IS NO NEED FOR THAT

Responding to your what you said:

"He would say that's racist and I would say it's a joke. End of story If he still doesn't understand ill cite the same thing I already put in the context above. This doesn't require a nuclear physicist to break down the sign into its individual electrons to find out its meaning."

-Once again, there is absolutely no need for this sign to be in game. And saying its a "joke" does not change how racist the sign was. 

"In the Context, I mentioned above, AS in I was making a joke..."

-I found nothing funny in that joke. And I believe a lot of other people found no humor in it too. 

"Religiously factual." 

-Maybe, but why do you need to put up that sign? Oh, there is NO purpose and it does nothing but hurt people's feelings

"I'm just going to state that all of the negative support replies were coming from the admins that were involved in the case, therefore their Support shouldn't be considered in the final aspect as they have a skewed view of the topic."

-I was not part of that sit and your still getting negative responses from people who weren't to. 

I think you should be banned for a good amount of time (if you have not already.) for posting that sign and saying it was a "joke." And I also believe you saying it was a joke to try to get out of the situation. Just my opinion.

Final message of the day

Think before you put something up that can hurt people's feelings. And if there is no need for it, then don't say or post it, there's no need

?Have a good day! ?

~Admin Ghostly

13 minutes ago, Carpenter John said:

- Support

They asked you to remove the sign, so you remove it. Apparently you were also being rude, which makes things worse.

I gotta agree with Carp on this one, dissrespect and rude slogans are not tolerated.

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Joe Mama said:

-Support

• Just to clarify, I wasnt involved in this situation at all

• Saying "No Muslims Allowed" is by no means a "joke". You left out the biggest point of context in your joke about catholic tensions, leaving it to be inferred as discriminatory and racist. 

Agreed with above

-Support

Just poor taste and has no reason to be in game. 

Literally adds nothing to the RP experience or anything in the game for that matter and just pisses people off, rightfully so. 

This is a server we all play to have fun and RP on. Players shouldn't have to worry about coming onto a server and seeing a random sign saying "no Muslims allowed". Not very welcoming and not very funny since you claim it was a "joke".

-support

This ain't a joke. 

Its like going up to someone and not letting them to play on a server just be cause they are blah.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

• Fame locked this topic