Should I Receive Colonel?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should I Receive Colonel?

• Yes (Provide Reason)
    • No (Provide Reason)

Name: Tim Brown

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:148816513 

Current rank: Major

How long you have been in your rank (The rank you currently are) : 1 Month and 15 Days (December 19 - Present) 

Rank Wanted: Colonel

How many warns do you have? 

Do you have a Working mic? Yes

Permission(Not required If applying for Lt-Cpt): Assistant Chief Matthew | Deputy Chief Dane | Deputy Commissioner Bob Bob

Why should you be promoted? :

Colonel. Antecedent to High Command. A rank that truly felt impossible when I started out as an Officer, yet a rank that I have worked up to and will strive to achieve. A rank of true honor, integrity, passion, dedication, and leadership. Leadership. A quality that I express day in and day out. A quality that is essential to rising in the ranks and gaining the respect, as well as the trust, of fellow command members and everyday players on the server. 

I remember the day I was trained as a Patrol Officer. Although unaware of the dangers and citizens that awaited me, equipped to go out on the streets and eliminate the threats. Then being promoted to a Senior Patrol Officer, excited to take a leap in the department and help out other Officers by taking them on ride alongs and still, cleaning the streets of crime. I also remember being promoted all the way up SM, which was a huge accomplishment. But look where I'm at now. I climbed the ranks all the up to where I am now, Major. Now you might be thinking, "Is Tim ready to be Colonel?" And if you are, allow me to explain myself in why I believe that I should be promoted to Colonel. I have learned a lot as my time as a Major. I have gained knowledge for various aspects of command including how to handle certain situations, how to properly conduct and participate in Police Meetings, how to take care of officers who are overstepping their boundaries, as well as officers who are overachievers and deserve a reward. I have had to talk to many officers for many different reasons, whether it be a good talk or a bad talk, after our conversion, the officer has learned a very valuable lesson. Throughout my time as command, I have also had many opportunities to be a lot more involved and known in the community, which I appreciate dearly. Though I served well as a Major, I will explain to you what I will accomplish as a Colonel.

A prominent problem that I see way too often is officers who are not in TeamSpeak while on duty. It is required for every officer to be in TeamSpeak, no matter what rank,  in order to be easily contacted if needed, have increased communication with fellow officers, and stay updated. Recently, I have been conducting random TeamSpeak checks in order to keep every officer on their best and to make sure they are following the guidelines. If I were to come across an officer who is not in TeamSpeak, I normally give them about a minute to get in it before I have a talk with them. If I were to come across an officer who I constantly find to not be in TeamSpeak, I explain to that officer the importance of being in it and give them a punishment if needed. Now, on the other hand, I also come across officers who are constantly in Teamspeak while on duty and are on top of their game 24/7. When I do come across those kinds of officers, I like to reward them after confirming with other command that the said officer is fit for the next rank. I wish to expand and continue this duty as a Colonel by being able to promote higher ranking officers, as well as demote them if necessary.

As many of you know, there is currently a system that was put into place by High Command not too long ago. The Partner System states that if there is 10 or more Police on duty, all units must be partnered up. I have been enforcing this system pretty much every single day and it has helped a lot. Despite my efforts, there are still officers who are unaware of this system. When units partner up, there is a lower chance of officers being singled out and killed in shootouts and it also helps in pursuits while one person drives and the other updates locations on the radio. During the time of effect of the system, I have seen a lot more communication between officers, respect, experienced less lag, and had overall positive comments about how officers performed while partnered up with another officer, which I will continue to enforce and observe as a Colonel. While on the topic of partnering up, I have also seen numerous Patrol Officers, also known as OFC's, running in the streets without a higher ranking officer to ride along with, this is unacceptable. Every single OFC should have a higher ranking officer from which they can have a good influence from and learn from so they can become a better officer and do the same when they earn a promotion.

I would also like to address the current situation of training cadets. The Sergeants and above have been doing a very good job of training cadets in a mannerly fashion, but there are still a couple of outliers. I, along with many other command members, have been working hard to demote any Sergeant+ that refuse to train. As an SGT+, you have additional responsibilities, one of them being the ability to train a cadet. If I were to see a cadet on while there was also a Sergeant on, I would command that officer to train the cadet, if the same problem were to occur repeatedly with the same officer, I would demote that officer because if they don't want to uphold the responsibility of training a cadet, I will just take that responsibility away from them. On the flip side, there are also Sergeants who excel every day and take training to the next step every time. Those are the kinds of officers that stand out and deserve promotions. Currently, I can only promote up to Master Sergeant, which is a high rank, yes, but I think I am trustworthy enough to take it to the next step and be able to promote all the way up to Sergeant Major. 

For those actions whilst I was a Major as well as for the reasons listed above, I believe that I deserve the rank of Colonel. 

You agree that complaining or breaking any rules put down by High Command will result in your complete removal from PD Command (Yes/No): Yes, I agree.

48 minutes ago, EternityAgar said:

+ Support 

Active 

Deserves a promotion 

Hardworking

Mature

Good Application

Ready for Colonel!

Good luck Tim (my brother ayyy)! You really deserve this!

-MSGT Timm 1A89

• Thanks 1

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

11 hours ago, EternityAgar said:

+ Support 

Active 

Deserves a promotion 

Hardworking

Mature

Good Application

Ready for Colonel!

• Thanks 1

MilitaryRP Trial Mod|CERT/Trooper SGT|PD SM

“Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.” ~Winston Churchill

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” ~Lao Tzu