Kicking AFK People

Smoke

Should we kick AFK people in spawn  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should we kick AFK people in spawn

• Yes, we should kick AFK players!
    • No, we should not kick AFK players.

What you want to see? I want to people who are afk on civilian for long amounts of time kicked. 20-30 Minutes of inactivity should result in a kick.

Why should we add it? - We should add it because we are having some extreme lag when we have high player counts and nearly half the people on are AFK on civilian for hours at a time. It is causly server lag. Low FPS and much more.

What are the advantages of having this? - People who are AFK count for a majority of the staff ratio and that wouldnt make sense because the ratio is for staff to match the amount of players making staff calls and having issues with other players. AFK civs dont do that because they are AFK in spawn. More FPS and less server lag could go a long way. I and a lot of other people on the server have a lot of trouble with the choppy server lag and that comes with high player count. If we can reduce lag and crashing we can make players experience on the server more enjoyable.

Who is it mainly for? - The players experience on the server.

Links to any content - N/A

Please provide a reason if selecting yes or no.

Edited by Smoke
Reason

4 hours ago, EternityAgar said:

+Support 

Staff should know when to make the decision to kick someone. And possibly could reduce lag. 

- Support

• An AFK person hardly produces any lag. ( If nothing has been spawned or something by the player )
  • When people see more people on they tend to join quicker rather then seeing a lower number on and backing of and joining a different server that has more people online atm.
Edited by Freeze

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander & J.M.T Member

🌟Best driver of the year award🌟

36 minutes ago, Freeze said:

- Support

• An AFK person hardly produces any lag. ( If nothing has been spawned or something by the player )
  • When people see more people on they tend to join quicker rather then seeing a lower number on and backing of and joining a different server that has more people online atm.

Pretty sure this was one of the main reasons why kicking afks got denied as well

-support

That bald Aussie Guy

2 hours ago, Freeze said:

- Support

I seem to get a lot better FPS when there are lower player counts ?

7 hours ago, Freeze said:

- Support

On 2/3/2019 at 2:48 PM, Freeze said:

- Support

^^

Also I know for some people it takes about 10-15 mins just to load in. So if they went afk for 30 they would get a kick, and would have to load back in and wait 10-15 mins. 

On 2/3/2019 at 3:48 PM, Freeze said:

- Support

20 minutes ago, Will Newel said:

-Support 

AFK’s boost the server in rankings and player count 

Whilst I can see this being added in the summer when the player count would hit max on the daily, I do not believe this is needed in the winter has max player counts rarely happen.