Nerf?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Nerf?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Maybe a little, but not too much!

On 2/2/2019 at 4:08 PM, Unkn0wn_F1R3 said:

+Support

recently, me and others have been very very very quickly killed in literally any situation with a negev and it feels like they do way too much damage in balance to other weapons. it used to be harder to use negevs but now literally anyone with one can win a 1v5 situation against your average PD members.

Update:

After speaking to a plethora of people (primarily custom-class owners and staff) in-game, we have agreed on a rework that would prioritize realism. You do NOT see people barrel-stuffing with LMG's IRL, if anything, they lie down on the ground with bipods and shoot medium to long range. This is NOT a nerf, this is a REWORK of the function of the weapon.

If you decrease the firerate, decrease the recoil, and massively increase the effective range; something magical happens. It become useful as a true, functional light machine gun! You could no longer simply camp a doorway and spray your extremely large magazine and win raids due to sheer bullets and TTK (Time-To-Kill) - just as I did against 5 Tac Units the other night, even while they all stacked up behind a shield and breached, properly following their carefully-written SOP. 

This is also a good business choice as far as financial reasons go: If people dislike the meta rework (given that the meta should change relatively frequently anyway to see different guns being used), then they can simply purchase a new weapon. It's their own problem. I'm okay with this, and I have a custom class.

This is a great rework in the sense of realism, roleplay, business, and most of all: balance. 

On 2/6/2019 at 9:28 PM, Felix said:

we aren't biased its that we paid $20 to add it 

Money should have nothing to do with whether or not a weapon should be nerfed the problem is that the weapon can mow down a group of police in seconds. That is what makes the gun broken and in new players perspectives pay to win... While yes the weapon should be somewhat strong, it should not be able to do that much! That is broken! This is only my opinion do not get offended if you do not agree with it!

Police RP

• Police Sergeant Major 1D32
  • SWAT Private XA57
  • State Trooper 1T
  • FBI SA KGB59

Imperial RP

• 501st JT Lance Corporal Indigo 3120
  • Inquisitor Apprentice
  • Navy Crewman Pliskin

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Money should have nothing to do with whether or not a weapon should be nerfed the problem is that the weapon can mow down a group of police in seconds. That is what makes the gun broken and in new players perspectives pay to win... While yes the weapon should be somewhat strong, it should not be able to do that much! That is broken! This is only my opinion do not get offended if you do not agree with it!

What’s broken is getting swarmed by 20 cops and have about 100 armor more than criminals and have increased movement speed. Criminals get something in their favor and instantly needs to be nerfed since cops don’t win all the time

Edited by BigJohnny

+Support 

A nerf in Fire rate is what’s needed 

let’s put it this way; a Negev can kill me on my SRT command class in under 3 secondes which has 280 armour and 100 health. 

At the moment, Its very over powered and needs to be re worked.  I strongly believe the Negev has a direct link with RP. If the Negev is reworked, it will cause a better intention to Rp as it won’t shred 3 officers in 3 secondes. 

Edited by Will Newel

10 hours ago, BigJohnny said:

What’s broken is getting swarmed by 20 cops and have about 100 armor more than criminals and have increased movement speed. Criminals get something in their favor and instantly needs to be nerfed since cops don’t win all the time

The problem lies it that it can shred through people with 280+ armor in seconds that is the definition of broken. And IDK what you are saying about 'cops win all the time' currently criminals are winning a majority of the shootouts lately and that includes bank robberies and house raids. I am saying that the Negev should not be able to kill the entire PD in seconds it should still be a good gun but it should not be able to kill that efficiently!

Edited by Pliskin

Police RP

• Police Sergeant Major 1D32
  • SWAT Private XA57
  • State Trooper 1T
  • FBI SA KGB59

Imperial RP

• 501st JT Lance Corporal Indigo 3120
  • Inquisitor Apprentice
  • Navy Crewman Pliskin