Weaponizng SCPS

Jet

Should There Be Restrictions On Weaponizing SCP's  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Answers

• Yes
    • No

Honestly, no offense but CI is abusing this. This is a hot topic right now that has caused many people to leave. I am personally getting annoyed because I say not to do something as a staff order but the person and the command of that department keeps doing it. My brain hurts so we need to fix this and clarify it. 

Edited by Jet TZ
  • Like 1

My opinion is that despite weaponization of scps being done, that should not excuse them from server rules. That being said, an example is with 096 earlier, my understanding of that incident is that CI had him continually enraged which would be considered Failrp as his bursts of rage have a max time of 5 minutes.

+Support

• Like 1

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

They can't break rules. Like they can't use 682 unless he accepts a deal with the ci. But they can't weaponize 106 cause he wants to capture people. 173 can be of placed in right area. If 096 is enraged by ci they have to kill the person that enraged them. As according to lore he only rates when someone sees his face 

• Like 1

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

1 hour ago, th3 said:

My opinion is that despite weaponization of scps being done, that should not excuse them from server rules. That being said, an example is with 096 earlier, my understanding of that incident is that CI had him continually enraged which would be considered Failrp as his bursts of rage have a max time of 5 minutes.

+Support

Agreed, very unfair at times

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

I have to agree. There are certain SCP's we can't weaponize, for example 106, but people recontain 096 by putting a bag over his face. Therefore our thoughts were if we put a bag over his face and then bring him back to the foundation we could do that. No one has told me about any of this conflict, but I understand where people are coming from.

CI should not break server rules to do this, and it reflects poorly on the department as a whole when some people do this. I'd like to have a sit-down with SMT to discuss what should be allowed and what shouldn't be allowed.

4 hours ago, October said:

I have to agree. There are certain SCP's we can't weaponize, for example 106, but people recontain 096 by putting a bag over his face. Therefore our thoughts were if we put a bag over his face and then bring him back to the foundation we could do that. No one has told me about any of this conflict, but I understand where people are coming from.

CI should not break server rules to do this, and it reflects poorly on the department as a whole when some people do this. I'd like to have a sit-down with SMT to discuss what should be allowed and what shouldn't be allowed.

Carp said in the meeting it is impossible to weaponize 106

12 hours ago, th3 said:

+Support

Agreed

+Support

This is definitely an area that should be talked about with staff and CI to develop the best solution, although from what I saw yesterday morning with SCP-096 being weaponized, at least the way he was, that shouldn't be happening, maybe for events, or maybe for some smaller scale things, but that kind of stuff isn't healthy for the server, nor does it follow lore, and while we don't follow lore 100% of the time for the sake of running the server smoothly, having 096 enraged running around CI in circles and killing whoever they say to kill is ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2019 at 12:20 PM, Chief_ said:

They can't break rules. Like they can't use 682 unless he accepts a deal with the ci. But they can't weaponize 106 cause he wants to capture people. 173 can be of placed in right area. If 096 is enraged by ci they have to kill the person that enraged them. As according to lore he only rates when someone sees his face 

^

• Like 1

He Has a 5 minute rage period where he can kill anyone. Tim the 5 minutes are up. Then I say he waits 10 minutes before being enraged again.

• Like 1

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

• Bread locked this topic