Update MOTD for hostage rules - Denied

Keulono

What you want to see? -  a change to MOTD on the hostage rules to either make it 10 Gov (to include SS) or list every department to avoid confusion

Why should we add it? - there is confusion on weather SS is a PD class or not

What are the advantages of having this? - This would avoid confusion when no staff are on like what happened earlier tonight where SS was counted as a PD.

Who is it mainly for? - Criminals and PD during hostage situations like bank raid

Links to any content - N/A

On 1/27/2019 at 4:06 AM, October said:

I don't mean to be rude, but SS is considered gov and I've never seen anyone being confused over it.

They work for the president.. there government and there’s no question about that. 

On 1/27/2019 at 9:15 AM, Nicolaaas said:

I think SS should only count as gov if there is no president, they can't help at all if there is one.

-support

They work for the government... also if there is no prez on why is ss on?

2 hours ago, Joe Mama said:

While this may not be the rule I'm talking about, I do feel that hostage rules could use some clarification.

^ I completely agree with this 

On 1/27/2019 at 8:15 AM, Nicolaaas said:

I think SS should only count as gov if there is no president, they can't help at all if there is one.

-support

Actually, SS CAT is an assistant tac unit. Also, SS gets priority in investigating bank robberies when there is no president. If you go into the history of the Secret Service they were founded by the US DOT, now they’re branched under homeland security, but they still have the SSDDT (Secret Service Division of the Department of the Treasury). 

6 minutes ago, October said:

Actually, SS CAT is an assistant tac unit. Also, SS gets priority in investigating bank robberies when there is no president. If you go into the history of the Secret Service they were founded by the US DOT, now they’re branched under homeland security, but they still have the SSDDT (Secret Service Division of the Department of the Treasury). 

Lmao thats not how it works in gaminglight tho, like I said when there is no president they count, if there is, they dont

Edited by Nicolaaas

2 minutes ago, Nicolaaas said:

Lmao thats not how it works in gaminglight tho, like I said when there is no president they count, if there is, they dont

Why though? If they’re protecting the prez they should count. That’s like saying if FBI or SWAT protect the prez then they don’t count. 

1 minute ago, October said:

Why though? If they’re protecting the prez they should count. That’s like saying if FBI or SWAT protect the prez then they don’t count. 

Because its literally in our SOPs that we must protect the president if there is one and not do anything else. FBI and SWAT dont have anything like that in their SOPs

• 4 weeks later...

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason

Lead Account Manager

Backend Operations | Custom  Jobs | Proud Member since 2017