Tow Trucks Automatically Code Red - Denied

Eternity

What you want to see? -  Tow Trucks automatically code red during pursuits.

Why should we add it? - I believe the Towing Truck should be considered automatically code red during pursuits due to the power of the vehicle. 

Also the rule states in the MOTD "Any Semi Truck that is in a pursuit can be declared lethal instantly. (Command does not need to approve)"

So I believe the Towing Truck should fall into this category.

What are the advantages of having this? - Government won't struggle so hard dealing with this metal tank during pursuits.

Who is it mainly for? - Government

Links to any content - N/A

Edited by EternityAgar

PoliceRP Manager

What is Code Red? Never heard of it before.

-support.
Not needed. It is not hard to stop a vehicle. A Tow Truck is just like any other vehicle. Tow trucks are not semi trucks so i don't get your logic here. If you can't stop a tow truck in a pursuit without shooting it and blowing it up, then you definitely need some kind of pursuit training. You have other officers and other departments to help you out with the pursuits. Along with that, you also do have spike strips to take out the tries of the vehicle. Put a road block or a barricade and trap the suspect into an area. Do a PIT maneuver and get the vehicle pinned against something. Making it code red wont solve anything especially when it comes to roleplaying.

8 hours ago, snookiebear said:

What is Code Red? Never heard of it before.

-support.
Not needed. It is not hard to stop a vehicle. A Tow Truck is just like any other vehicle. Tow trucks are not semi trucks so i don't get your logic here. If you can't stop a tow truck in a pursuit without shooting it and blowing it up, then you definitely need some kind of pursuit training. You have other officers and other departments to help you out with the pursuits. Along with that, you also do have spike strips to take out the tries of the vehicle. Put a road block or a barricade and trap the suspect into an area. Do a PIT maneuver and get the vehicle pinned against something. Making it code red wont solve anything especially when it comes to roleplaying.

Lemme break this down real quick. I mean no disrespect to you or anyone who shares this opinion, this is just my breakdown of this post. It'll be short, simple, and to the point.

It is not hard to stop a vehicle.

True! - Usually, of course. 

A Tow Truck is just like any other vehicle.

False. Although it is not very speedy, it actually has pretty much exactly the same physics as the semi-truck and bus. If it touches a car, that car will either explode or go far out of it's intended path, sometimes even flipping. As someone mentioned earlier, it can do an upwards of 70% in a single hit. 

If you can't stop a tow truck in a pursuit without shooting it and blowing it up, then you definitely need some kind of pursuit training.

Arguably false. I've seen many pursuits with mingy tow-truck drivers that involve several government officials, some even being high command members. These always result in the destruction of many government vehicles, civilian vehicles, and an unphased tow-truck (until shot). The pursuit training for a semi is to treat it code red if it fails to stop. Given that we've established tow-trucks have the same physics as a bus and semi, why wouldn't the pursuit training be the same?

Along with that, you also do have spike strips to take out the tries of the vehicle.

Spike strips are not as much a skillful deployment as a lucky deployment. Of course, in a real-world scenario, the government may be able to coordinate properly in order to force the vehicle to go in certain directions. This, however, is Garry's Mod. The tow-truck simply will plow through vehicles in any particular direction it wants with ease, causing complete and total unpredictability. 

Not to mention with VCMod, spike strips only pop tires approximately 75% of the time ... at least mine and all the people I play with regularly, especially on job bundle vehicles.

Put a road block or a barricade and trap the suspect into an area. Do a PIT maneuver and get the vehicle pinned against something.

Roadblocks do not work on semis, and they will not work on tow-trucks. Placing a barricade (I assume you mean prop by this) will probably get you warned for propblock/minge. PIT maneuvers do not work on semis, they will not work on tow-trucks. Yes, if the tow-trucks 10-50 into an object, it will only be able to reverse very slowly if you block it in, but you're ultimately relying on the government to rely on pure luck and unskillful driving of the tow-truck driver in order to subdue the suspect. We both know that it will end in a shootout anyway, given that job bundle drivers almost always pull a gun for whatever reason. 

Ultimately +Support, and if OP stated the rule word-for-word, please add the Bus to that list as well. ❤️

• Laughing 1

• 4 weeks later...

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason

Lead Account Manager

Backend Operations | Custom  Jobs | Proud Member since 2017