Jeffs Bad suggestion

Jeff Junior

I think that SA= SuperAdmin should be able to ban on the forums for 1 day or a week just because it wouldn't be stress for SMT to get on in the middle of the night if we have a bot that is spamming so it would be easier for SMT and more to do for Superadmins at the same time ;D Super Admins are trusted, staff so, in my opinion, I think they should get the perms to ban on the forums. 

Leave a comment and say what you think.

Edited by [GL] Smiley222

-support

it doesn’t work like that. You need to use AdminCP and go to members> member profile> and press the ban button. You can disable or suspend an account though but that is under ban filters and just all in all isn’t really needed. AdminCP has A LOT of perms that a JMT member shouldn’t have. 

Edited by Stormzz

6 hours ago, th3 said:

Like Stormzz said, Especially since Super Admins are more suited for staff issues on their servers instead of managing things on the forums like banning the accounts of spammers.

-Support

Also Forum Diplomats are almost perfectly made for dealing with bots when SMT are not online.

I won’t say if what I do is helpful or not but when I see bots spamming I message their account link to SMT. Especially late at night when not a lot of people are on.

100% agree

18 hours ago, Stormzz said:

-support

it doesn’t work like that. You need to use AdminCP and go to members> member profile> and press the ban button. You can disable or suspend an account though but that is under ban filters and just all in all isn’t really needed. AdminCP has A LOT of perms that a JMT member shouldn’t have. 

if this is the case this is my vote thanks @Stormzz for the info

Edited by Keulono

On 1/25/2019 at 10:03 AM, Stormzz said:

-support

Not entirely true. You dont need AdminCP to ban

Lead Account Manager

Backend Operations | Custom  Jobs | Proud Member since 2017

5 minutes ago, Snarlax said:

Not entirely true. You dont need AdminCP to ban

Yea you don’t you can navigate to management gl and ban filters but usually admincp you have the option to suspend an account or disable an account. Banning is permanent 

2 minutes ago, Stormzz said:

Yea you don’t you can navigate to management gl and ban filters but usually admincp you have the option to suspend an account or disable an account. Banning is permanent 

You can go straight to a persons profile and apply warning points to them for specific amounts of time if you have the right permissions

Lead Account Manager

Just now, Stormzz said:

Never new warning points can suspend an account. That’s cool.

We rarely use adminCP to ban people. Its alot easier to just suspend access to the site with warning points

Lead Account Manager

On 1/25/2019 at 6:17 AM, EternityAgar said:

+ Support

JMT are trusted and save people from hurting the community.

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Gaur said:

-Support

Shouldnt be able to ban, maybe content moderate or post restriction.

I feel like content moderation would be good, however I’m not sure how that would leave Forum Diplomats doing I guess.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

• 4 months later...
  • th3 locked this topic