Monitoring/Taking Ownership of discord servers

Smoke

It has recently come to my attention that SMT is monitoring/taking ownership of discord servers. I joined in to hear the last little bit of Fame's speech in the discord channel. I understand where you are coming from but discord is not in any way a gaminglight  platform, so in no way should we be held accountable for the things we say init. Also you are banning people from our discord servers souly because they are blacklisted from the GL community. They are our friends and discord is for talking to our friends and playing games. I understand that discord servers for departments such as SS,Swat, and SRT are directly for gaminglight and that makes sense for them to be monitored by SMT. Our own, private discord servers, for our friends, should not be monitored/Owned by SMT whatsoever. I think we should have some freedom and again I say that banning players from our own discords that we do not only have for the purpose of playing on gaminglight because they are blacklisted from gaminglight is kind of wack considering they may be our friends and people we like to play with on a day to day basis.

I don’t know how I feel about discord’s being taken over by SMT

its an outside from gaming light official 

especially kicking Blacklisted members who are friends of others from private discord’s if this is true? I don’t know 

but I do know SMT Is demanding ownership of our discord’s 

far only as I know it’s the branches not Family’s 

which isn’t a problem to me since it’s partly Attached to Gaming light 

Its true. SMT demands ownership from the discord it happend to UMC yesterday I was there when Kim refused to give ownership zeeptin disbanded UMC then Kim gave it to him and he revoked it. It is the families it happened to not only UMC but VII as well.

1 hour ago, Smoke said:

Its true. SMT demands ownership from the discord it happend to UMC yesterday I was there when Kim refused to give ownership zeeptin disbanded UMC then Kim gave it to him and he revoked it. It is the families it happened to not only UMC but VII as well.

What the fuk

You serious

what right do they have ?

here say claim? I’d like to know

Edited by CrimzonEmpire

I still have mixed feelings about SMT taking ownership of families discord. I know the excuse is that they don't want people to go rogue but at the same time it is not Gaminglight property. I understand about the departments' discord. I think that if SMT wants to do this then they need to be the one that makes the discords for the family. I know they said that if you are not in a family then they do not need ownership of the discord. 

DISCLAIMER:

This is my opinion and is not to be disrespectful at all

3 hours ago, Keulono said:

I still have mixed feelings about SMT taking ownership of families discord. I know the excuse is that they don't want people to go rogue but at the same time it is not Gaminglight property. I understand about the departments' discord. I think that if SMT wants to do this then they need to be the one that makes the discords for the family. I know they said that if you are not in a family then they do not need ownership of the discord. 

DISCLAIMER:

This is my opinion and is not to be disrespectful at all

^ agreed and I mean no disrespect when I quote this

1 hour ago, Jet TZ said:

I’m umm gonna pull the whole thing

USE THE PROPER FORMAT!!!

USE THE FORMAT!!

I do agree that we should be in control of our discord especially gang/family discords. This is a gaming platform, and this is supposed to be for fun. I mean no diss SMT, but this seems unfair. As long as we are respectful going about this, I believe we should be aloud to atleast control discord for families.

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

7 hours ago, HelloItsBilly said:

I feel like SMT has good reason to do this.  It will keep players and Staff members from talking behind peoples back, plus the original owners of the discord will have almost all of the permissions so i dont really see the big deal.

As long as it’s like department discord’s It would be fine to me.  But if it’s family discord’s then I don’t think SMT should force ownership 

Well if its your.own private discord server then smt should not be taking it but if its on their discord server then they have right over it and can do what every they want

And we have a discord now??

EX Secret Secret Service ASAIC, EX DOC CPL, EX EMS, EX ARU MSGT, EX Staff Moderator 

PD MSGT, Secret Service SSA Reserve

9 hours ago, Vikander said:

Cole Phelps. The person who made the state discord. Guess what. Banned from his own server by SMT.

Guess what?! I'm the police commissioner, and manager of PoliceRP! If i would like to have ownership of the department I oversee, that is what I am going to do. On top of that, cole phelps was no longer a command member of state, so it really did not matter that he made it

Nevertheless, I have resolved the issue. SMT will not be taking ownership of family discords, but we will be gaining ownership of department discords. We have the full rights to do this.

Closed

• Thanks 2

Lead Account Manager

Backend Operations | Custom  Jobs | Proud Member since 2017

• Rhenic locked this topic