Harsher punishments.

Wolfgangg

What do you want to see? - I want to start seeing harsher punishments for people who are simply on the server to minge. Frankly, I have been playing on this server now for a few years and the decreasing amount of roleplay is very concerning, something must be done in order to preserve our roleplay otherwise, we are going to start to see a steep decline in our playerbase. 

Why should we add it? - We should add this because our roleplay server is turning into a clownfest full of minges and people who constantly break the rules, but over and over again they just receive a small slap on the wrist. It was evident back in Valk's day that being stricter created a better roleplay experience overall, why did we get so lax?

What are the advantages of having this? - It would create a more enjoyable roleplay experience for everyone to thrive and play in. 

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone.

Edited by Wolfgangg

6 minutes ago, Fame said:

What would you suggest as a harsher punishment @Wolfgangg

We could do something where like if you get 3-4 warnings within 30 or 45 minutes, you get a  2 day ban or something.

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

41 minutes ago, Fame said:

What would you suggest as a harsher punishment @Wolfgangg

Personally, I would only use the warn system for small infractions and to log punishments. For things such as minging and purposely breaking the rules because they think its funny, I would suggest warning them and giving them a 30 minute to 2-hour ban. The warning system truly is flawed in the fact that if they aren't long term players and they are simply here to minge they could care less if they get warned.

We just need something to ensure that people know that minging and breaking roleplay will not be tolerated, because at the moment that's sadly all we pretty much see anymore.

Edited by Wolfgangg

+Support

• I've also seen a decrease in RP and increase in minginess
  • Maybe add a jailing system that if they RDM (or any other offense that requires punishment), they get a warn and a jail time. When they are in jail the MOTD will pop up and can't be closed so it forces them to read it
  • It should be admins discretion however whether to give a verbal or warn and jail, like say it was a misunderstanding or if they are new to the server

2 hours ago, Josh H-Y. said:

+ Support

The amount of RP has been decreasing on the server for over 6 months. Martial Law was a rare occurence but now it happens everyday with multiple bank robberies and mass shootings. Nobody roleplays on the server anymore and those that try will just get gun downed by CC with negevs. We need to be more harsh with punishments (dare I say like what Valk did). There was a lot of things I don't agree with Valk but he damn made sure people actually roleplayed and didn't break rules by banning them. PoliceRP is now actively mocked by it's own playerbase as a DarkRP with vehicles and contain no RP whatsoever. It's sad to see this occur but it's been happening for months now and everyone just kinda accepted it. The excuse of 'it's a semi-serious rp' doesn't mean people should get away shooting people or cops every 2 minutes. If we want the server to go back to what it used to be, back when I first joined and RP actually occured, then we need to start being much harsher with rule breakers. As wolf said the warn system is flawled and people don't care about it. I see staff give people warns for RDM/FailRP and just put them back down with a "Don't do that again". I love this server and community but it's been toxic and just constant no RP for a very long time. We need to go back to what we used to be, a server that can still have those crazy moments. But make them a rareity not the norm. A lot of people have left the community in recent months for these reasons of no more RP. It's just not fun constantly going from one shooting to another and the offenders just keep getting away with it. We need to come down hard on those that fail to even attempt to roleplay and simply minge/ban them. If we don't do something soon then I feel it will be too late to fix this problem. Then eventually the players that really do care like myself and many others will give up and leave, because it's not fun anymore.

completely agreed

3 hours ago, Josh H-Y. said:

+ Support

The amount of RP has been decreasing on the server for over 6 months. Martial Law was a rare occurence but now it happens everyday with multiple bank robberies and mass shootings. Nobody roleplays on the server anymore and those that try will just get gun downed by CC with negevs. We need to be more harsh with punishments (dare I say like what Valk did). There was a lot of things I don't agree with Valk but he damn made sure people actually roleplayed and didn't break rules by banning them. PoliceRP is now actively mocked by it's own playerbase as a DarkRP with vehicles and contain no RP whatsoever. It's sad to see this occur but it's been happening for months now and everyone just kinda accepted it. The excuse of 'it's a semi-serious rp' doesn't mean people should get away shooting people or cops every 2 minutes. If we want the server to go back to what it used to be, back when I first joined and RP actually occured, then we need to start being much harsher with rule breakers. As wolf said the warn system is flawled and people don't care about it. I see staff give people warns for RDM/FailRP and just put them back down with a "Don't do that again". I love this server and community but it's been toxic and just constant no RP for a very long time. We need to go back to what we used to be, a server that can still have those crazy moments. But make them a rareity not the norm. A lot of people have left the community in recent months for these reasons of no more RP. It's just not fun constantly going from one shooting to another and the offenders just keep getting away with it. We need to come down hard on those that fail to even attempt to roleplay and simply minge/ban them. If we don't do something soon then I feel it will be too late to fix this problem. Then eventually the players that really do care like myself and many others will give up and leave, because it's not fun anymore.

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

3 minutes ago, Chad B said:

I already do that xD

Wellllllllll

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

+ support

since i joined i have seen less RP and more minges ik i have not been on the server for long but it feals like PoliceRP is tearing appart so i think bringing harsher punishment would be nice.

EX Secret Secret Service ASAIC, EX DOC CPL, EX EMS, EX ARU MSGT, EX Staff Moderator 

PD MSGT, Secret Service SSA Reserve

13 hours ago, Josh H-Y. said:

+ Support

Agreed with Josh

15 hours ago, Josh H-Y. said:

+ Support

+support
Would hopefully crackdown on minges.  Just last night I was rdm'd by someone who thought it was funny.  When told he was getting warned he said "So what?"  They know warns don't mean much and that as soon as the warn is issued they can carry on minging.

23 hours ago, Josh H-Y. said:

+ Support

This is literally perfectly written. Everything about this is trye, and he did a great job. The only problem I have with it is when he said:

23 hours ago, Josh H-Y. said:

I see staff give people warns for RDM/FailRP and just put them back down with a "Don't do that again"

Since when do your sits result in a warn? The only thing I ever see anyone warned for in my sits is LTAP. It doesn't matter if they RDM me, break FearRP, or steal my cop car; 99% of my sits result in a "verbal warning". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2019 at 2:19 PM, Nicolaaas said:

+Support

• I've also seen a decrease in RP and increase in minginess
  • Maybe add a jailing system that if they RDM (or any other offense that requires punishment), they get a warn and a jail time. When they are in jail the MOTD will pop up and can't be closed so it forces them to read it
  • It should be admins discretion however whether to give a verbal or warn and jail, like say it was a misunderstanding or if they are new to the server

2 hours ago, Duncan McOkiner said:

This is literally perfectly written. Everything about this is trye, and he did a great job. The only problem I have with it is when he said:

Since when do your sits result in a warn? The only thing I ever see anyone warned for in my sits is LTAP. It doesn't matter if they RDM me, break FearRP, or steal my cop car; 99% of my sits result in a "verbal warning". 

Now I think about it, you are completely right. I see warns become less and less frequent even when a lot of rules are being broken. It seems to me even the staff are getting tired of trying to enforce rules when so many rules are broken so often and casually. I don't blame them, if they did a sit for every rule broken. Then they would never be available to do anything and be overwhelmed. 

Edited by Josh H-Y.

13 minutes ago, Josh H-Y. said:

Now I think about it, you are completely right. I see warns become less and less frequent even when a lot of rules are being broken. It seems to me even the staff are getting tired of trying to enforce rules when so many rules are broken so often and casually. I don't blame them, if they did a sit for every rule broken. Then they would never be available to do anything and be overwhelmed. 

This is why you should be allowed to drink on duty (that's a joke btw)

• Laughing 2

Ex. Dep Comm

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:08 PM, Josh H-Y. said:

+ Support

Us as pd should be able to jail people for longer instead of putting people in jail and by the time you have even walked out the prison they have been released.

Edited by Nathan Uk