Can't Backspace/Can't open Console

Ham

When you join the server you start as a class D, correct? Well when I change jobs to something better than a prisoner I am unable to backspace in chat, console and other menus. In my own local game or another server its fine but soon as I join the server the previous events happen. It sure isn't a client side issue as it has never happened before even on the server it started at, but it started after you added that FPS booster, I think its glitching the server/my game in not being able to backspace in any way. I have also been having problems with not being able to open console with the key which is normally used to open it (After the FPS Booster being added). Please remove the booster from the server or attempt to fix the problem, if not them two options please help me with some tech support as it kills me to cut every little spelling mistake I make that could be fixed in a second, not 5. I had to bind the "Console Opening" key to a different key every time I join the server, just so you know. The booster has been making some glitches and they are different for other people, but I saw a guy in chat saying he couldn't backspace, I couldn't think other than this isn't my issue only but it is bigger than I originally expected.

Note: I've tried alt tabbing so please don't say that, don't think this is my problem only so you can say "deal with it", it affects others too. And I understand that this is maybe a minor glitch/bug but it breaks the game for whoever has the same problem, you can't backspace nor open console after playing on your server. It carries onto another servers or a local one which you would create yourself. My backspace and console key are fine thank you very much, they aren't broken and they're not binded to something else. This bug/glitch affects my attempts in creating events since I can't type as fast as I would normally would, I may mispell once or twice but the punishment is far harsher when you can't simply backspace to get rid of the problem. Either way please help with the problem and look into it, thanks.

-Ham

My advice is for you to check your advanced options and make sure you have it so you can open the console with the tilda key. Secondly, be careful when you type and you can use alt A or command A to select all of your message and type again 

I have alt tabbed many times.

8 hours ago, Kade said:

All you have to do is alt tab out of gmod and back in, works everytime.

8 hours ago, October said:

My advice is for you to check your advanced options and make sure you have it so you can open the console with the tilda key. Secondly, be careful when you type and you can use alt A or command A to select all of your message and type again 

Thanks for the tip but I have console on the tilda key and that's the key which the booster bugs out. With me using a command A or alt A I'll try it out, thanks.

I join the server with them off since the problems started.

Just now, Kade said:

If that didn't fix your problem try doing this. Disable ALL of the options in the booster when you join the server, then see if it works. I can assure you it is NOT the fps booster that is causing your problem.

3 minutes ago, Ham Sandwich said:

Guess so, it isn't too bad anyway but I'll get a new pc soon. @Kade What do you believe it is?

Well the backspace in chat IS caused and fixed by alt tabbing, happens to me. Your going to have to be more specific about the other stuff.

Just now, Kade said:

Well the backspace in chat IS caused and fixed by alt tabbing, happens to me. Your going to have to be more specific about the other stuff.

Something bugs my game and I just assume its the fps booster since it happened the same time it got added.

Well it doesn't work for me rip. I guess its client side but it seems too strange to me.