Suggestion for Warns.

Aaron Faustin

What you want to see? - I would think the servers and the entire GamingLight community as a whole could benefit from all warns being at least 1 month+ old get wiped. The 1 month gap should ensure no really new warns get wiped.

Why should we add it? - Because Warns are given out all the time. Now, This is not to say that a'lot of warns are false but rather to say that when people get warned for something a permanent warning that can be seen by anyone and is one of the most important things when someone looks at your application does not fit the crime. In fact i'd rather and i think a'lot of people would agree that people should be minged/jailed/remove there access to props/weapons/jobs etc before doing warnings because it's more likely to teach them a lesson. Now i know a warning is called a warning. But it's really not a "warning" for something you did if the punishment lives on forever due to it being able to cause you to not join a branch. Okay i could go on and on but then i'd just be ranting.

What are the advantages of having this? - Allows people once a year the opportunity to change and become a better person. 

Who is it mainly for? - All players in the community

Links to any content - N/A

Notes: The main reason i feel this is important is because a'lot of times people will judge applicants based solely off of their warns which isn't always fair because they don't know any background information or how long ago it happened. Well, anyway i don't want to make this too long. I hope you guys can agree with me and Thanks for reading this! - Have a great day, Aaron.

-Support

Warns are warns for a reason. They show your past. If you were speeding IRL, the goverment isnt just gonna get rid of the records after a while. It will be there permanently. Although, I do think if you have a warn like atleast 1 year old, it should be considered for removal or something along those lines.

• Like 1

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

Just now, Timmemes said:

-Support

Warns are warns for a reason. They show your past. If you were speeding IRL, the goverment isnt just gonna get rid of the records after a while. It will be there permanently. Although, I do think if you have a warn like atleast 1 year old, it should be considered for removal or something along those lines.

I respect what you said and pretty much agree but this is a game and a specifically "semi serious" one at that so we should be in my opinion more leniant on removing them at least.

15 minutes ago, GibbiGibbi said:

- support

That would mean you can just go inactive for a month to get all your warns away

It's not once a month, It's once a year, and if someone was that mingy to continue getting warn after warn after the wipe they would just be banned at that point. It's easy to work this out in a way to benefit the genuine people who deserve a second chance, And those that are straight minges would be back where they were after the wipe anyway. (hopefully you get what i'm saying) Just don't let the evil people stop you from helping the good.

EDIT: I've seen a'lot of servers do the same or similar things to this and trust me our community gets at minimum the same amount of minges as any other server so i don't see the reasoning in not giving people a second chance, after all they are supposed to be "warnings" and not too much of a punishment in and of itself. the genuine people who used to be minges should have there past be forgived and forgotten.

EDIT AGAIN: I know there are lot's of people out there who did really stupid things in the past but have changes and want a new start so bad they would rather have a more harsh punishment solely because it's not permanent. In the long run a Warning is more harsh then most other possible punishments.

Edited by The.Batman (Faustin)

+/- Support

I do feel that there are lots of older community members, such as myself that have warns from 2016 or 2017 that have proven themselves responsible, so maybe like warns over 1 year old or something could be removed

2 hours ago, Jeffe said:

+/- Support

I do feel that there are lots of older community members, such as myself that have warns from 2016 or 2017 that have proven themselves responsible, so maybe like warns over 1 year old or something could be removed

~ Shadow ~ Azrael ~ Military RP Beginnings Veteran

GL 10 Year Veteran "The Last Remaining Spetsnaz"  Former Wardog Super Admin / Admin MilitaryRP

On 1/6/2019 at 3:50 PM, Timmemes said:

-Support

-Support

Warns getting wiped...? People break rules often because to them a warn is nothing and they know that they won't actually get punished severely until they reach near 30 so why would you wipe them every month? that just means that there would be even less of a punishment for they break rules and then people will keep on breaking rules even more often.

Look at some players on PoliceRP, people minge and break rules because they aren't met with any kind of major punishments until they get around 30 warns so in my opinion warns need to actually become more important and something that players don't want to get.

Even if you broke a rule 6 months ago you should still keep that on your record... for most people if you have low warns and the warns you do have are from a long time ago people won't actually care too much as they know that you aren't a re-offending rule breaker.

18 minutes ago, [GL] Tom said:

-Support

Warns getting wiped...? People break rules often because to them a warn is nothing and they know that they won't actually get punished severely until they reach near 30 so why would you wipe them every month? that just means that there would be even less of a punishment for they break rules and then people will keep on breaking rules even more often.

Look at some players on PoliceRP, people minge and break rules because they aren't met with any kind of major punishments until they get around 30 warns so in my opinion warns need to actually become more important and something that players don't want to get.

Even if you broke a rule 6 months ago you should still keep that on your record... for most people if you have low warns and the warns you do have are from a long time ago people won't actually care too much as they know that you aren't a re-offending rule breaker.

One of my main points is that staff would be handing out other punishments that in my opinion would both be way more effective than a warn and not permanent. If this was implemented warns wouldn't be used other than someone not new to the community being a bit minty or something

Just now, The.Batman (Faustin) said:

One of my main points is that staff would be handing out other punishments that in my opinion would both be way more effective than a warn and not permanent. If this was implemented warns wouldn't be used other than someone not new to the community being a bit minty or something

Sure, I'd like for staff to hand out more minges and bans for those who deserved it but warns should get cleared and they still should be used in most situation of users breaking obvious rules (if they have 30mins+ on the server).

Even if someone gets banned, I still think that they should also recieve a warning so staff members can still find out that the user has broken rules. 

Can't type much lol (in class)

9 minutes ago, [GL] Tom said:

Sure, I'd like for staff to hand out more minges and bans for those who deserved it but warns should get cleared and they still should be used in most situation of users breaking obvious rules (if they have 30mins+ on the server).

Even if someone gets banned, I still think that they should also recieve a warning so staff members can still find out that the user has broken rules. 

Can't type much lol (in class)

Yea. I mean some other servers have a way of banning people from using weapons, driving cars, spawning props, and joining certain jobs. Before you say it's the same as being mingles it's really not because you can ban these things individually and it can be fore days or weeks if you wanted. And they would be able to still ro other things just without access of these things for a period of time. What do you think

+/- Support

• Would allow players to redeem themselves if they haven't gotten a warn in a long time
  • Could allow minges to return 

Overall I think if they have a lot of warns and they keep playing and mature their warns should be forgiven after many months. If they haven't gotten warns in a while to show they aren't minges then its obvious their serious and their past warns should interfere with that.

Just now, UrDadHasBigStraight said:

+/- Support

• Would allow players to redeem themselves if they haven't gotten a warn in a long time
  • Could allow minges to return 

Overall I think if they have a lot of warns and they keep playing and mature their warns should be forgiven after many months. If they haven't gotten warns in a while to show they aren't minges then its obvious their serious and their past warns should interfere with that.

I agree but if someone was always being a mingle and never actually rped then they should get a ban of at minimum a month and longer depending on if it was like massrdm or something

Just now, UrDadHasBigStraight said:

Listen I agree that warns should be wiped, just not after only a month. Maybe after 3-5 months

I think you misread the post. It says warns would be wiped like as a global thing ONCE A YEAR. However it would only apply to warns that are at least a month old

On 1/9/2019 at 6:17 AM, [GL] Tom said:

-Support

• th3 locked this topic