Vikander

CCTV Camera

25 posts in this topic

What you want to see? - RT Camera (A camera but don’t have to switch and loose control for a few seconds thery are computer monitors and TV’s) Make a new job called camera engineer.

Why should we add it? - So we don’t have to lose control for a few seconds just to check you can just place a TV and you just look at it and see what’s going on. I also would like this to be a entity so cops and crime can use a advantage. Also updating motd that placing a camera outside while having a fence that’s opaque is a rule because you can just look at tv and shoot. To install the camera engineer can be called over by pd or crim. The camera engineer can be a vip job or a citizen job.

What are the advantages of having this? - More RP and controls not just floating cameras.

Who is it mainly for? - PD/Crims

Links to any content - https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/3924

Posted (edited)

MASSIVE +support

We had it and it was amazing.

This was suggested before but denied for the same reason as it was removed - lag. It was amazing and I’d love it back anyways.

Edited by [AWOL] Jojo

21 hours ago, [AWOL] Jojo said:

MASSIVE +support

This was suggested before but denied for the same reason as it was removed - lag. It was amazing and I’d love it back anyways.

22 hours ago, [AWOL] Jojo said:

MASSIVE +support

+/- Support

• Would be awesome to have back and increase rp
  • Unfortunately, the issue is that it does cause lag so maybe they would have to remove something else

On 1/5/2019 at 1:22 PM, [AWOL] Jojo said:

MASSIVE +support

+ Support

Cool thing

More security for base

Maybe like 150K per camera cause the economy is broke atm

10 hours ago, GibbiGibbi said:

+ Support

Cool thing

More security for base

Maybe like 150K per camera cause the economy is broke atm

It would be something you spawn with your toolgun.

27 minutes ago, UrDadHasBigStraight said:

No?

theres a camera option for your toolgun

On 1/5/2019 at 3:22 PM, [AWOL] Jojo said:

MASSIVE +support

52 minutes ago, BigJohnny said:

theres a camera option for your toolgun

RT cameras are much better since u can put them on TVs and have them in the corner for example. Great for RPing News and can also follow your movement.

15 minutes ago, [AWOL] Jojo said:

RT cameras are much better since u can put them on TVs and have them in the corner for example. Great for RPing News and can also follow your movement.

how mcuh lag will it cause though, im pretty sure this was suggested before and denied due to lag

19 hours ago, UrDadHasBigStraight said:

+/- Support

• Unfortunately, the issue is that it does cause lag so maybe they would have to remove something else

On 1/6/2019 at 3:34 PM, UrDadHasBigStraight said:

+/- Support

On 1/5/2019 at 9:22 PM, [AWOL] Jojo said:

MASSIVE +support

^^^

tbh I never realy experienced any lag with it.

MASSIVE +support

The problem with cameras including the one we currently use is rendering it onto the screen causes a lot of lag especially clientside. I would have to say -support for right now with the current server state.

Lag is a major issue on Garry's Mod, and some of the best servers stay at the top because of the time spent on optimization. I understand it would be really cool, fun, and add a lot of RP ... but it's a -Support from me.

On 1/10/2019 at 9:06 AM, Zeeptin said:

The problem with cameras including the one we currently use is rendering it onto the screen causes a lot of lag especially clientside. I would have to say -support for right now with the current server state.

Yes, I know but what if the limit is only one? Will it still cause a big lag change?

MASSIVE +support

On 1/5/2019 at 2:22 PM, [AWOL] Jojo said:

MASSIVE +support

To be honest were kinda of better off with the regular cameras we have. I mean it aint broke then dont fix it.