iPoopLegos

Strengthened Raid/Mug Rules

Recommended Posts

What you want to see? - An increase in what is required to commit a raid or a mug.

Why should we add it? - Recently I decided to pop in on PoliceRP and see how things were going. I was disappointed to learn that while the server has grown, so has the level of mingery. Many people now have figured out how to attempt to ruin people's roleplay while flying under staff radar. This is by using raid rules and mug rules to mess with people. As of now, all somebody has to do is take his or her LMG, public place such as a shop or even a courtroom, and just start shooting for no reason. If they say it's a raid, boom, they win any sit taken up against them automatically. The victim doesn't have to be armed, or even be allowed to own a place worth raiding. The same will go on with muggings. A huge number of people will just run into places like the White House or the Court House, quickly pull out a gun, press their mug bind, scream "10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3" faster than somebody can even respond to what's going on, and fire just for the sake of killing somebody and ruining whatever it was they were doing. People will do this because they want to "raid" the president--aka bypassing every rule on what is necessary to kill the president legitimately. Same as with the courtroom, even if literally surrounded by armed cops with guns out, they just start shooting, even though nobody should be able to die in that room in the first place. Staff can't do anything because of the technicality of the MOTD. What i propose is that we add rules that make it so that people can't just do that. Say, reinstate the declare-that-you're-raiding rule from long ago. Place a ban on shooting people without warning. Make a required amount of time when you start to mug somebody before you can just fire. Add limits to when and where you can mug. Grant raid amnesty to people who aren't even allowed to base--gun dealers, black market dealers, government officials (president, judge, etc.,) ban mugging while police officers are right by you, etc. I've also noticed that a lot of this is done by people that decide if they buy a custom job, they have the right to ruin the experiences of people whom haven't.

What are the advantages of having this? - Better roleplay and an ability to actually walk outside without being shot, make a shop without being shot, literally exist without being shot. Also, some of the people at this point are killing more people than the actual Taliban in MilitaryRP.Who is it mainly for? - The people of GamingLight PoliceRP.

Links to any content - http://www.constitutionus.com

Chances are that if you -Support this post, you are one of the people that purposely go out of your way to ruin others' experiences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- Support

first I am not trying to ruin others rp cause I am mostly a cop on the server

second you only need to advert mug, kidnap, bank robbery, gen store robbery, jail break eta. there's no rule that claims that a person need to advert raid 

third if a person pulls a gun and starts to shoot people for no reason call an admin

forth admins don't take sides like if they say they mugged you they wouldn't count fast bc ive been on the server for so long and almost everyone I know lets you type if they kill you while you type call an admin

- John Kill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 911dog1 said:

- Support

first I am not trying to ruin others rp cause I am mostly a cop on the server

second you only need to advert mug, kidnap, bank robbery, gen store robbery, jail break eta. there's no rule that claims that a person need to advert raid 

third if a person pulls a gun and starts to shoot people for no reason call an admin

forth admins don't take sides like if they say they mugged you they wouldn't count fast bc ive been on the server for so long and almost everyone I know lets you type if they kill you while you type call an admin

- John Kill

  1. Don’t get me wrong, this post isn’t meant to limit police at all. I’ve never seen you minge, this is mostly about minge groups like VII.
  2. The suggestion includes making it a rule that you have to advert and give warning, because otherwise people can abuse it, as stated in my post.
  3. I do; it’s just that the staff at least claim not to be able to do anything about it because of MOTD technicality.
  4. Again, there are people that will count fast in order to just shoot you. They just usually avoid doing it to staff because they know if they do it to non-staff, nothing can be objectively done against them, whilst if they do it to staff, the sit-taker is naturally biased whether they like it or not towards the staff victim—assuming it’s not SA+ in which a warn can be issued right then and there. The suggestion is to improve MOTD clarity and structural ability in order to improve RP, not to better enforce rules already in place.

Trust me, I’ve been here a long time and this ain’t my first rodeo. I know what to do and where and why and how, and in my eyes, this is that time to speak up because I truly care about this community, and I don’t want it to fall into the hands of people that go out of their way to ruin the experiences of other people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They aren’t allowed to count fast. I understand where you’re coming from, but if they count fast just call staff. Secondly, you can’t “raid” the president to bypass the 30% rule. Raiding the president counts as an assassination attempt; if you read the MOTD closely people are also allowed to kill the president if there’s 5+ SS on.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
20 hours ago, October said:

They aren’t allowed to count fast. I understand where you’re coming from, but if they count fast just call staff. Secondly, you can’t “raid” the president to bypass the 30% rule. Raiding the president counts as an assassination attempt; if you read the MOTD closely people are also allowed to kill the president if there’s 5+ SS on.  

^^^^ when u get mugged and roleplay it out they can’t kill you if you give them money and they kill you right after call a staff member ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

-supoort

This is police rp where there are a lot of dangerous criminals. You should invest in some weapons to protect yourself ?

i mean killing people inside a base isn’t for no reason as it is a raid. Mugging people is a reason to kill someone if they don’t give you money. And if you really don’t wanna die just comply it’s really not hard. Oh yeah and don’t stall during muggings or it will lead to your death.

4 hours ago, Rhenic said:

They also can’t mug in a public area.

Not in the rules 

Edited by BigJohnny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2019 at 6:47 PM, 911dog1 said:

- Support

first I am not trying to ruin others rp cause I am mostly a cop on the server

second you only need to advert mug, kidnap, bank robbery, gen store robbery, jail break eta. there's no rule that claims that a person need to advert raid 

third if a person pulls a gun and starts to shoot people for no reason call an admin

forth admins don't take sides like if they say they mugged you they wouldn't count fast bc ive been on the server for so long and almost everyone I know lets you type if they kill you while you type call an admin

- John Kill

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really see a need for new/expanded rules for basing and raiding at this point. While some of the points you mentioned are valid, I don't see how they could be used to bypass a sit. If someone is raiding and they start shooting random people outside the base who are not involved, that is RDM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 3:47 PM, October said:

They aren’t allowed to count fast. I understand where you’re coming from, but if they count fast just call staff. Secondly, you can’t “raid” the president to bypass the 30% rule. Raiding the president counts as an assassination attempt; if you read the MOTD closely people are also allowed to kill the president if there’s 5+ SS on.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BigJohnny said:

-supoort

This is police rp where there are a lot of dangerous criminals. You should invest in some weapons to protect yourself ?

i mean killing people inside a base isn’t for no reason as it is a raid. Mugging people is a reason to kill someone if they don’t give you money. And if you really don’t wanna die just comply it’s really not hard. Oh yeah and don’t stall during muggings or it will lead to your death.

Not in the rules 

You are the problem, and I know there are people willing to agree with me on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- Support

 

There is nothing wrong with mugging someone or is it mingey to do so. Criminals do it in real life and why cant people do it in a rp server. Also, your calling out anybody who puts -support by saying this "Chances are that if you -Support this post, you are one of the people that purposely go out of your way to ruin others' experiences." we aren't intentionally ruining your experience its called rp and if you don't like it leave. Simple as that. People who put -support are giving their honest support on the subject and as staff it is our duty to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 7:16 AM, Carpenter John said:

I don't really see a need for new/expanded rules for basing and raiding at this point. While some of the points you mentioned are valid, I don't see how they could be used to bypass a sit. If someone is raiding and they start shooting random people outside the base who are not involved, that is RDM. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 4:16 AM, Carpenter John said:

I don't really see a need for new/expanded rules for basing and raiding at this point. While some of the points you mentioned are valid, I don't see how they could be used to bypass a sit. If someone is raiding and they start shooting random people outside the base who are not involved, that is RDM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Denied!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.