Rangiatea - False Warn Report

Hooplaa

Your In-game: Hooplaa

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:107729311

The admin's name in-game: Security CPL Rangiatea 1C76

The admin's steam name (If you know it): N/A

What warning did you receive: Mic Spam

Why do you think this warn was false: To begin, I can understand where this Trial Moderator is coming from when he administered this warn. This Trial Mod was dealing will a D-Block Riot of around 20 People, and was under a lot of pressure. There was a lot of people running around "Minging", a lot of people getting shot, and a lot of confusion. He had little time to deal with multiple situations. However, the entire situation regarding myself, and Rangiatea took approximately 10 seconds. I was pulled up, warned, and placed on the ground. There was No Sit, No Explanation as to why the Warn was administered, and at No point was I given the opportunity to explain myself. In fact, the whole situation was rather unpleasant, as I believe there was a rather unsavoury comment made after I was placed on the ground, however I do not recall it, as there was a lot of yelling, and shooting. The whole Riot was a complete mess, my music was only played for a short period of time, and no one was harmed by it. Quite the contrary, people were enjoying it, and dancing. I believe, for such a non-malicious offence, such as playing music for such a short span of time, a warn was not required. I had no intention of being hostile toward anyone, and in no way was the music meant to be malicious. If I had realized that my music was causing a disruption, I would have promptly halted upon request. But the fact that, I was Warned instantly without a sit, and for such a minor offence, presents an issue in my eyes. I do understand the situation this Trail Mod was forced into, I've had to deal with similar situations myself, and I understand the stress. However, you should still be administrating sits as a T-Mod, instead of instantly warning people, going from call to call, without giving the offender the opportunity to cease. A verbal would have sufficed, and I would have completely stopped if you had asked.

Any extra information: I spoke with this gentleman after, and we had a discussion about what had unfolded regarding my warn. It was evident that he did not mean to be hostile initially, and he was very respectful toward myself, even when I was laying into him. I do not want anything to happen to this man should this appeal get accepted, just to take this as a learning experience. To you Rangiatea, I hope that you have a long career with gaminglight, and I appreciate you listening to me after you had administered the warn, and remaining calm and collect, even when I was losing my head a little. It shows a lot of integrity to own up to your mistakes like that, and I truly appreciate it. 
Edited by Hooplaa

+support

ya as an ex SA I should have known that I can't warn without a sit and again im sorry about that

it was his first time "micspaming" and he did stop immediately so he shouldn't have been warned 

also, ya as you said about my initial hostility id debate that as being more frustrated due to the class Ds but none the less unacceptable for a staff  member of GL 

and for the owning up to my mistakes that who I am is someone who will admit his mistakes and punish himself for his own rule violations (as seen being 8/14 of my warns are from myself. and that all staff should as it is their job to be accepting of their mistakes and not try to hide them these mistakes are who we are 

Edited by Rangiatea
forgive my mistakes in my sentences im tired and cant select them for whatever reason
  • Like 2

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

22 minutes ago, Rangiatea said:

+support

ya as an ex SA I should have known that I can't warn without a sit and again im sorry about that

it was his first time "micspaming" and he did stop immediately so he shouldn't have been warned 

also, ya as you said about my initial hostility id debate that as being more frustrated due to the class Ds but none the less unacceptable for a staff  member of GL 

and for the owning up to my mistakes that who I am is someone who will admit his mistakes and punish himself for his own rule violations (as seen being 8/14 of my warns are from myself. and that all staff should as it is their job to be accepting of their mistakes and not try to hide them these mistakes are who we are 

D Class were minging at the time and I feel as if this hsould be reoved and Rang shouldnt be in trouble at the same time

+support 

People make mistakes, I understand the staff member was stressed out, while that may not be an excuse I understand how you feel. I’ve been in a similar situation where the entirety of d block was minging and I was the only staff on with 9 other calls to respond to. 

11 hours ago, Rangiatea said:

+support

Respect man, takes a real one to own up to your mistakes.

big cat running GIF

On 1/2/2019 at 2:05 PM, October said:

+support 

People make mistakes, I understand the staff member was stressed out, while that may not be an excuse I understand how you feel. I’ve been in a similar situation where the entirety of d block was minging and I was the only staff on with 9 other calls to respond to. 

On 1/2/2019 at 12:42 AM, Rangiatea said:

+support

ACCEPTED

Go into the ban panel (at the top of the forums it says, "Bans") sign in, go to your profile, go to your warn and click appeal. Fill the information out and in the description put the link to this accepted post.