Grand Master of the Order Yoda (Steam Name: GL BUBTHESTUD) - Admin Report

Questions

Your In-game: Jedi Youngling Jaedon Corsair

Your SteamID: 76561197985269520

The admin's name in-game: Grand Master of the Order Yoda

The admin's steam name (If you know it):  GL BUBTHESTUD

What did the admin do:

Long story, but I'll include a TL:DR...

I come from a long background of roleplay of varying levels/seriousness. Joined this server on the recommendations of friends, and have been MOSTLY impressed with the quality, not the most try-hard Role-plays that I've seen, but still very thorough and focused on fun. So I donated to get access to the Jedi Class, joined up as a Youngling. After a bit, the typical introductory RP you see on these kinds of servers began. Was expecting to be shown the ropes and this went as expected for the most part, though it was obvious the Master who showed me around me was new(er). I did not expect it but enjoyed the inclusion of a solo-trial in this process, and GM took time to give me a good experience. My Master took me to the Crystal Cave and sent me in alone. Inside, a Sith attempted to convert me. At first, I outright denied his advances and temptations. He drew his saber...

Now, OOCly I knew it was a test, but I try to RP a Character that behaves differently than I would IRL for any given situation. So, Jaedon Corsair figured he could not beat a Sith so instead he ran... in my mind, there should be ample caution and strategy when facing any opponent, and much much more as a Youngling facing down a Sith. I made it out, but then my Master insisted that I go back in and face the Sith. Honestly? I expected praise for denying the advances of the Dark Side and using my wits over brawn, but I can accept that not all Masters might agree with this, and cutting some slack to the whole deal and just trying to keep the RP going/have some fun, I went back in despite my better judgement. Again, Jaedon Corsair found himself facing down a Sith, and again he tried to use his wits.

Playing off of my Master sending me in against a threat I deemed myself unprepared for (bare in mind, for the 30 minutes I played on the server, Jaedon hadn't even DRAWN his saber, much less engaged in combat), I convinced the Sith that I felt my Master had abandoned me and submitted myself to teachings of the Dark Side, but when the moment was right, when the Sith turned his back, I attacked. The Sith evaporated. Of course, OOC I knew it was all an illusion, but IC Jaedon was surprised! And here is where shit goes off the rails...

My Master doesn't say a word to me, gets teleported back to the temple by an admin, a few seconds later I also get teleported, without saying a word he cuffs me and starts beating me and force pushing me into a locked cell, I wasn't even resisting and at the time was only trying to ask what I'd done wrong. Moments later I'm locked in the cell and my Master returns with "Yoda"... Then, as you might expect from ... "Yoda" ... he TOO whips out his baton and they both start mindlessly beating the shit out of a prepubescent boy. So here I am, a little boy getting beat up by a mean little green man taking turns with my Master, and up to this point neither of them bothered to tell me what I did wrong. So after maybe 30 seconds of that and me repeatedly begging them to explain, Yoda finally yielded and explained.

He said that I failed the trial and joined the Dark Side. I corrected him, saying it was only a trick, I never actually intended to surrender to the Dark Side and I figured this was a case of fighting smarter not harder. He informed me that Jedi do not lie, which is not even remotely true in the canon nor is it against the Jedi Code, but not wanting to argue on Star Wars lore, I avoided that appeal and tried to allude to teachings that might've been transmitted to Jaedon or by explaining the causation of the whole situation and my character's strategy. I explained that I was only a youngling, not trained in Saber Combat and that I had no chance against a >TRAINED SITH< so instead of blazing forth and dying I tried to find smarter solutions.

Yoda's Response? "You don't need to be trained how to beat someone with a stick, you just hit people with it,". Grand Master. Of the Jedi OrderTHE ONE AND ONLY YODA ... Told me to ignore any concerns of training and just think of a lightsaber as beating people up with sticks. And he then went on to suggest that me "backstabbing" the Sith was an act of BETRAYAL. So what was he suggesting? That I shouldn't have "betrayed" the Sith and instead teamed up with him? Obviously this isn't what he meant, he wanted me to just run up with 0 RP and "Left-Click-Da-Sith", but regardless of how each of us view RP, these things are far flung from what any Jedi Master would say in consultation, much less MASTER YODA. I told him as much, decided to stop bothering with "being in character"- it was apparent that Master Yoda did not care about character - and expressed why I felt this whole ordeal was a case of Fail RP, and then Yoda just beats me with his stick again and then switches to the arrest baton and ignores me.

TL;DR... Yoda was not only rude, completely unhelpful/unwelcoming of a new player and abusive with in-game weapons/tools, but also hardly acts like a Jedi at all.

Evidence of the abusive action(s) (REQUIRED): Various Admins were present, including the one who ran the event and a few others that were nearby. I'll try to get them to petition here, but ultimately I think I'm less concerned about any abuse of admin powers or seeking punishment and more concerned about abuse of status, general disregard for other people's roleplay and sour attitude.

What do you believe should happen to the admin: Honestly nothing, I can't speak to his utility as a staff member, I'm sure he does well enough for guys. I don't want him to reprimanded. All I want is to officially lodge a complaint and open a dialouge to discuss how to avoid this whole ordeal or perhaps how to improve the trial process so that it doesn't pigeon-hole a player into the "JUST-LEFT-CLICK-DA-BAD-GUY" mentality. There is more to Star Wars RP then combat.

Any extra information: I think I've bombarded you all with walls of text for long enough...

... but maybe a few more lines for shits and giggles 😉

EDIT: Oh, I guess there is one more thing. Not here to pretend like I did -nothing- wrong... I DID receive a VALID warning after all this went down. While sitting in jail (for 10min) and chatting in OOC I called Yoda a "Dick-Face" and after being told not to curse, corrected it to, "dumb-face". I was warned for "Dissing another Player". I think the warning was fair, only trying to be transparent and hold no desire to appeal the warning... can't apologize for things you aren't sorry for.

Edited by AOD_reConfigured

Posted (edited)

What you did was correct if it was a real sith but what that was is a force illusion that was trying to bring you to the dark side and you cant run from this illusion you have to face your fears and stand up to this sith not igniting your saber but using your words to resist being brought to the Dark side you can come in contact with me for a retrial.

-Ki Adi Mundi

Edited by Koda

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Koda said:

What you did was correct if it was a real sith but what that was is a force illusion that was trying to bring you to the dark side and you cant run from this illusion you have to face your fears and stand up to this sith not igniting your saber but using your words to resist being brought to the Dark side you can come in contact with for a retrial.

-Ki Adi Mundi

I did, but he drew his saber and started coming at me, so I ran. The second time I went down to face the Sith I didn't run, and while manipulative/tricky I did face the Sith. I can also accept that, while tricking a Sith like that may not be against the Jedi Code, being manipulative could be worrisome in itself to someone like Yoda, maybe holding me back from being a Padawan, but this isn't what he said, instead the little green man beat me senseless before saying a even a word.

Posted (edited)

-support

they followed RP you fail following Jedi rules you get a punishment

never disrespect others

Cooper would never take that attitude

this is so badly made that even the ulx rank is incorrect

Edited by omegarwp
Removing the lying thing since i admit it was a missunderstanding from my side when i heard both sides of the stories, i forgot to edit this the same day, for the rest ill keep my opinion

I'm not that versed in Jedi stuff, but I do like the RP you have and I've made it clear that I fully endorse people bringing RP onto the server. 

From what I can tell this is a case of admin abuse, but there is no proof to back it at this point, just your word. @BUBTHESTUD needs to share his side of the story as well as your master's side, who we don't know the name of. 

However, if you have video/screenshot evidence that could definitely help your case.

If you need any more help, feel free to contact me!

Sincerely,

First Admiral Science/GuyScience, CWRP JMT

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, AOD_reConfigured said:

I did, but he drew his saber and started coming at me, so I ran. The second time I went down to face the Sith I didn't run, and while manipulative/tricky I did face the Sith. I can also accept that, while tricking a Sith like that may not be against the Jedi Code, being manipulative could be worrisome in itself to someone like Yoda, maybe holding me back from being a Padawan, but this isn't what he said, instead the little green man beat me senseless before saying a even a word.

If you get on the server I will grant you the rank of Padawan unless you want to try again its a new system that we are doing and he wasnt to sure on how to do it so if you want to do it properly we can.

Edited by Koda

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, omegarwp said:

-support

never disrespect others

you are lying on part of your complaint

this is so badly made that even the uxl rank is incorrect

Maybe the rules for Jedi on this server differs, but lying is not against the Jedi Code in Canon. I can accept and respect the rules of the server or this server's version of Jedi, but again, I was beat multiple times before anyone even explained what was going on.

I respect people that respect me.

And excuse me for asking, but what am I lying about?

Also, I just joined the community and am new to the forums, am I supposed to have meet your 'standards' for formatting/whatever my rank is after only having played for 2hours or so? Cut me some slack.

6 minutes ago, Koda said:

If you get on the server I will grant you the rank of Padawan unless you want to try again its a new system that we are doing and he wasnt to sure on how to do it so if you want to do i properly we can.

I'd be okay with being granted the rank if that is an acceptable resolution for everyone else here. I enjoyed everything about my trial save for the fallout afterwards. If that's not acceptable, I also don't mind waiting for a retrial, I'm a patient and understanding person. I am on right now.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, AOD_reConfigured said:

Maybe the rules for Jedi on this server differs, but lying is not against the Jedi Code in Canon. I can accept and respect the rules of the server or this server's version of Jedi, but again, I was beat multiple times before anyone even explained what was going on.

I respect people that respect me.

And excuse me for asking, but what am I lying about?

Also, I just joined the community, and I supposed to meet your 'standards' only having played for 2hours or so? Cut me some slack.

that is just my opinion about your complain, If I am in the right thing other people will notice wats wrong on this, that's all i have to say

Edited by omegarwp

1 minute ago, omegarwp said:

that is just my opinion about your complain, If I am in the right thing other people will notice was wrong on this, that's all i have to say

Well I'd appreciate if you would come at me with more than "an opinion" if you're going to accuse me of lying. You have a position of importance in this community, and slandering a newb's reputation while at the same time admitting that you're only speculating is, in my opinion, pretty unfair.

Like I've said I have no problems with this Yoda guy, I just didn't like how the whole thing went down.

2 minutes ago, AOD_reConfigured said:

Well I'd appreciate if you would come at me with more than "an opinion" if you're going to accuse me of lying. You have a position of importance in this community, and slandering a newb's reputation while at the same time admitting that you're only speculating is, in my opinion, pretty unfair.

Like I've said I have no problems with this Yoda guy, I just didn't like how the whole thing went down.

If you would like to talk  with me and even solve all of this with Yoda ill happily help you just come to out Team Speak ts.gaminglight.com

or send me a message on Steam https://steamcommunity.com/id/omega-gamer

I will happily respond as fast as possible, we are here to help the player on everything that's why we are staff.

And keep calm believe that out JMT or SMT team will handle this the best way.

4 minutes ago, omegarwp said:

If you would like to talk  with me and even solve all of this with Yoda ill happily help you just come to out Team Speak ts.gaminglight.com

or send me a message on Steam https://steamcommunity.com/id/omega-gamer

I will happily respond as fast as possible, we are here to help the player on everything that's why we are staff.

And keep calm believe that out JMT or SMT team will handle this the best way.

I'm pretty calm.. you guys don't seem awful and having one bad experience with Yoda doesn't make him a bad RPer/Admin/Person whatever.

I'm sitting on teamspeak now. 

Saesee Tiin was doing his training and and was also the admin that warned him I think.  

Now for my response.  We are trying a new RP with the crystal caves and we are testing the types of RP in the cave for younglings.  I was testing one of my ideas.  After he did some training with master tiin I had them fo the the caves for this test.  He went in alone and was supposed to confront the darkside.  After sending some PM's to him trying to lure him to the darkside he came down the cave and I ignited my lightsaber as a sith (cuz it looked cool in the dark) and told him he would die for not joining the sith.  He then said "only if you catch me" which is not facing the darkside.  I attempted to force jump in front of him to get him to face me but I never attacked him.  ( i did hit him once on accident)  It was an illusion of the force and he was supposed to overcome it and make it leave.  Now, my health was at 100 so he could kill me and I was gonna miss him on purpose because the idea is that everyone can overcome the darkside.  After he left the cave I told master tiin to send him back down and he accepted the darkside.  Now, I never said you can't lie because it's in the jedi code.  I said as jedi trying to become better we shouldn't lie especially if it leads to stabbing someone in the back which he did after he revealed his betrayal.  Also the way it happened it seemed convenient to suddenly say he never planned on betrayal right as master tiin shows up.  Not knowing his true nature we put him in a cell.  

After we respawned we got stun sticks and each hit him three times.  I do not see a problem with this since every high command hits people as a form of discipline and to show how disappointed you are.  After we hit him we let him out and began explaining why we did it and what he did wrong.  He then instantly began arguing with us saying it was dumb RP.  We kept telling to him to be quiet and we kept trying explain what was wrong.  He didn't listen and kept arguing that it was dumb.  After we said that he shouldn't lie and stab people in the back he became very mad and started saying I was the worst yoda ever.  He kept player dissing me and I kept telling him to stop but he kept going probably not hearing me since he was talking so loud and that's when I arrested him for player diss which the admin next to me agreed with and then the admin went to the bring to deal with it. Tiin is campbell if you're wondering.

Now, about how I act as yoda.  When I became Yoda ruthless told me I could RP as yoda however I wanted and that's what i've done.  Second I have built up the order and now have a full council and we RP alot and people enjoy it.  I train and help anyone who needs it and I'm very active so no idea why I'm such a bad yoda.  

Now, I would like to point out some inaccuracies of this post. "Yoda's Response? "You don't need to be trained how to beat someone with a stick, you just hit people with it,". Grand Master. Of the Jedi OrderTHE ONE AND ONLY"   I never said this.  I told him that you don't need training to use a lightsaber.  I said it is like a stick.  You don't need training to beat someone with a stick you just wave it at them and it hurts.  He acted like since he never got trained on it he couldn't use it which is dumb.  Anyone can use a lightsaber if you just wave it.  That's just common sense.  Jedi are trained on how to use it effectively but he couldn't seem to understand that.

Second, we didn't beat him for 30 seconds it was 5 seconds in total.  Also, I never beat him a second time.  After we each hit him with stun sticks we never hit him again until I batoned him to arrest him for player diss.  Now, my intent was never for him to just left click the sith.  I was gonna keep respawing as that sith over and over having him defeat me more and more making it hard each time.  He could have killed me with his saber or used the force to keep me away.  The test helps them learn what class of jedi they should be but instead of going with the RP he ran away which he wasn't supposed to do.  After backstabbing me and making us think we couldn't trust him we ended it and put him in the cell to deal with it.

Now, if you don't like the RP and rules ask to speak with the council since they make all decisions on RP and training.  If you have an idea or would like some changes bring it to the council and ask them what they think and they will decide.  Players should never act childish and player diss and call people names.  Be an adult and speak to me as an adult.  Don't say that's dumb RP and you know nothing and you're the worst yoda and you've obviously never trained anyone before.  Saying those things don't help and make you look hateful and get you strikes.  If you want change then be an adult.  if you don't like the RP then sorry it's the RP's we have set and do and you can try to ask for changes and make suggestions but if you act like that it only hurts you and doesn't help anyone else.

Also, I'm not an Admin.  I am a GM.  Everything did was in RP till you took it out of RP and acted childish and player dissed.

My final thought is I feel I didn't do anything wrong.  I treated him how I would treat any jedi and I kept to RP.  I used a stun stick like i've seen any other commander+ use it.  I am RP-ing how I always have and I am allowed to.  I acted mature and never shouted or abused my powers and only arrested him after player dissing which an admin was with me and agreed to and then dealt with.  I was simply the one who did the arrest.  

First off this story is only half of what happened, U didn't think to say anything you did wrong  "Moments later I'm locked in the cell and my Master returns with "Yoda"... Then, as you might expect from ... "Yoda" ... he TOO whips out his baton and they both start mindlessly beating the shit out of a prepubescent boy." This is wrong he had a stun stick, Not a baton and he only hit you three times and you didn't say how after you diss him in voice chat you started to diss him in ooc after you get arrested for dissing him, You went on to say you mean yoda the dick or something like that, Logs can answer this, and i will say some stuff the others did what, something. you still where disrespectful to them.

Is this a player report or admin abuse report? 

Posted (edited)

I mostly agree with your account. Only a few things to say...

"I said as jedi trying to become better we shouldn't lie especially if it leads to stabbing someone in the back which he did after he revealed his betrayal.  Also the way it happened  it  seemed convenient  to suddenly say he never planned on betrayal right as master tiin shows up.  Not knowing his true nature we put him in a cell"

This sounds wonderful, but as Yoda, this is not what I gathered from what you said to me. You essentially said that I failed because I lied and backstabbed the Sith. But hearing all your thinking behind the scenes, I totally agree with your assessment, and that Jaedon didn't seem at all trustworthy and needed more time/investigation. OOCly I was absolutely planning to attack the Sith, but I wanted to entertain the RP for a bit longer, I figured we would walk back up or something and that I had time to play it out, but my Master got TP'd directly in front of us so I knew I had to do it then and there. But understandably, this could not be known IC and I would have been happy to go down that route for RP. And I found that Yoda and my Master beating me with batons without asking me questions or telling me anything somewhat disillusioning.

"Now, about how I act as yoda.  When I became Yoda ruthless told me I could RP as yoda however I wanted and that's what i've done.  Second I have built up the order and now have a full council and we RP alot and people enjoy it.  I train and help anyone who needs it and I'm very active so no idea why I'm such a bad yoda."

This is fine, and I can detach my understand of Star Wars from the way this server operates, but for Yoda to act so harshly is certainly unexpected from someone who doesn't know better.

"I never said this.  I told him that you don't need training to use a lightsaber.  I said it is like a stick.  You don't need training to beat someone with a stick you just wave it at them and it hurts.  He acted like since he never got trained on it he couldn't use it which is dumb.  Anyone can use a lightsaber if you just wave it.  That's just common sense.  Jedi are trained on how to use it effectively but he couldn't seem to understand that."

My quote wasn't meant to be word-for-word, by any means, but I still think your explanation is lacking. Swinging a lightsaber like a stick or a child's play thing AGAINST a Trained Sith is absolute suicide. Of course it was all an illusion, but how was Jaedon to know this? How was he to know he just had to swing at him once and he'd disappear? Maybe because Jaedon did not see the illusion for what is was is enough to hold him back from being promoted, but again this wasn't what was said.

"Second, we didn't beat him for 30 seconds it was 5 seconds in total.  Also, I never beat him a second time.   After we each hit him with stun sticks we never hit him again until I batoned him to arrest him for player diss."

My Master beat me up before you even appeared (as Yoda), and then you appeared and both of you guys beat me, it was good while before I had anything explained to me. Regardless of 15 seconds or 30 seconds or 2 seconds, my complaint doesn't lie with the time the beatings lasted, but moreso the fact that I was beat and had no clue what I had done wrong or anything. If that happened to me IRL I'd leave the Order and never look back, that is straight up abuse of a child who has no concept of how to cope with treatment like that 😛

"The test helps them learn what class of jedi they should be but instead of going  with the RP he ran away which he wasn't supposed to do.  After backstabbing me and making us think we couldn't trust him we ended it and put him in the cell to deal with it."

I don't see why what I "am supposed to do" has to align 100% with how you set it up before we even got to the RP. Things didn't go the way you planned, but that doesn't make my approach inherently incorrect. Why must there be a single "correct" way to pass the trial? And again, I recognize and agree with the Jaedon was untrustworthy arguement, but nobody EVER said a word about that, just that I was wrong.

"Be an adult and speak to me as an adult.  Don't say that's dumb RP and you know nothing and you're the worst yoda and you've obviously never trained anyone before."

After being teleported and beaten and not listened to it becomes hard to tell what is your character and what is you as a person, and given that teleporting isn't really "in-character" I assumed an admin was taking the piss and beating me for the heck of it. I'd imagine if my Masters were trying to figure out WHY I acted the way I did it would be more conversational, maybe even meditative, but again I was treated like a criminal, that to me was Fail RP. The intent of why you did these things is 100% agreeable to me, but regardless of intent, this was my only perspective of the situation.. I didn't think you were acting like an adult, and while sitting in jail for 10min I made some snarky remarks in OOC, and after the warning I stopped. I don't find that childish. And the comment about not training anyone had to do with my whole point of punishing before telling them why, you address the reason before punishment not the other way.

"My final thought is I feel I didn't do anything wrong.  I treated him how I would treat any jedi and I kept to RP.  I used a stun stick like i've seen any other commander+ use it.  I am RP-ing how I always have and I am allowed to.  I acted mature and never shouted or abused my powers and only arrested him after player dissing which an admin was with me and agreed to and then dealt with.  I was simply the one who did the arrest."

I don't think you did anything terribly wrong, your explanations now make a whole lot more sense then my perspective in game and I don't think you ought to be reprimanded even if you had done something wrong. Again, the point of this post was to express my disappointment and start this conversation, so thanks for coming at this with a cool head. The rest of it is water under the bridge for me. Sorry for any disrespect.

I didn't know you were the same person as in the cave, but like I said before, I enjoyed every bit of RP up until the shit went down with Yoda and my Master, I think you did a good job running that and I appreciate the time you set aside to do that just for me. Much more than any other server would bother to do, it left a very good impression.

31 minutes ago, To Rose Or Not to Rose said:

First off this story is only half of what happened, U didn't think to say anything you did wrong  "Moments later I'm locked in the cell and my Master returns with "Yoda"... Then, as you might expect from ... "Yoda" ... he TOO whips out his baton and they both start mindlessly beating the shit out of a prepubescent boy." This is wrong he had a stun stick, Not a baton and he only hit you three times and you didn't say how after you diss him in voice chat you started to diss him in ooc after you get arrested for dissing him, You went on to say you mean yoda the dick or something like that, Logs can answer this, and i will say some stuff the others did what, something. you still where disrespectful to them.

If you read my edit I included the parts I felt I was in the wrong and in that I mentioned exactly what you talked about, but it didn't happen in quite the order you suggest. The "diss" happened in OOC and was at least 3-4 mins into my jail time and I was being snarky in reply to someone saying that got pushed off the ledge of the Jedi's landing bay, I said, "Maybe it was that "dick-face-yoda [that had pushed him off]", then got told to not curse and I corrected it to "dumb-face-yoda". The reason was I sent to jail was because I told Yoda, after a bit of back and forth, that I thought this situation was "Fail-RP" and that this was not how Jedi (and definitely not Master Yoda) would/should act if the server is trying to stick close to canon, after that he hit me and sent me to jail.

I don't see how it being a stun stick or baton is relevant, my point is that I was being beat by something over and over PRIOR to being told what I did wrong. And I was hardly resisting.

Logs will only confirm what I've said, but seeing as we're almost all agreeing at this point (and just debating small insignificant details) I hardly think it's necessary to waste your time. I admitted to what I did, apologized and will not be seeking an appeal for the warning.

Alright from what I get is that yoda admitted to abusing you which is not a thing we want to bring to a new player. So yoda should get talked to about that. Next part he did the right thing to run I would have done that when I was a youngling as well. And then since saesee tiin was in on this whole issue he should not have taken it to warn him since that is taking his own sits which is not allowed.

So for me im at a neutral cause this rides a thin line.

1 minute ago, borith said:

Alright from what I get is that yoda admitted to abusing you which is not a thing we want to bring to a new player. So yoda should get talked to about that. Next part he did the right thing to run I would have done that when I was a youngling as well. And then since saesee tiin was in on this whole issue he should not have taken it to warn him since that is taking his own sits which is not allowed.

So for me im at a neutral cause this rides a thin line.

no borith.  I said I hit him with a stun stick but I don't think it was abuse.

im not gonna plus or minus but the only time ive encountered cooper or yoda is him beating everyones meat in the 5th floor with a baton. also him doing fishy stuff with a padawan after he said he'd report him but i dont have the full story on that so i cant say nothin

On 12/31/2018 at 8:44 PM, AOD_reConfigured said:

Logs will only confirm what I've said, but seeing as we're almost all agreeing at this point (and just debating small insignificant details) I hardly think it's necessary to waste your time. I admitted to what I did, apologized and will not be seeking an appeal for the warning.

I'm not quoting your whole thing cuz its long so I'll just quote the end (I read the whole thread and am up to date however).

Firstly, I obviously didn't see the happenings in game, but I have been in similar situations, getting punished without explanation before and it is frustrating (not in jedi, just in general) so I understand where you are coming from. As a moderately serious Rp'er you make a valid point that it doesn't always go the way you expect, and sometimes, you just gotta roll with the punches. I am on the council and currently on LOA for break, but I do know this RP situation you were a part of is very new, and is still being worked on. Our goal with something like this is to increase roleplay and create a positive experience within the jedi to make it something fun that people want to come back to. That being said, since we haven't fully figured it out, there will be miscommunications, errors, and different interpretations of the events within the rp situation, so I'm sorry it turned out in a way that caused this conflict. That is not the intention of Yoda or any of our council members.

On 12/31/2018 at 8:44 PM, AOD_reConfigured said:

I don't think you did anything terribly wrong, your explanations now make a whole lot more sense then my perspective in game 

In terms of the report aspect of this post, this seems mostly like a miscommunication to me. I don't see staff/GM abuse here, which you agree with for the mostpart as using a baton/stunstick for disciplinary purposes is the intended use of those items. What I would say to Yoda, or anyone training in this situation would probably be to very clear about the reason for the disciplinary action/beating, and try to integrate it into rp. I think yoda did a good job of explaining his intentions in this thread and made it pretty clear as you acknowledge, but as neither of you really talked it out in game, we are seeing the negative interpretations of both of your bad experiences. The goal of this interaction should be teaching and bringing younglings "up-to-speed." I don't think further disciplinary action is necessary against Yoda for this situation though, as I don't see rules broken really from his end. 

In terms of your warning, you admit to possibly dissing in chat after, which I obviously can't condone. The fact that the situation had to spiral into an actual jailing and a warning were both avoidable, so it is unfortunate that it ended that way. Its definitely  not the end of the world though. People get heated and things get said. The best thing to do about that is to put it behind you and move on, keeping in mind to make a point to keep your cool in future situations.

Bottom line, I think both of you can take something out of this, and I hope you both do (just my opinion but who am I really? LOL), and use this as an opportunity to improve.

Also, just to hit all the birds with one stone, 

On 12/31/2018 at 7:34 PM, omegarwp said:

you are lying on part of your complaint

I'm not sure if you guys worked it out, but in my opinion, their stories lined up well, and it didn't seem like any lying was taking place. If you wanna make this claim, I'd want to hear you specify what he lied about. I'm not saying you don't see the situation differently than him, I just think that a claim like this should be substantiated and have solid evidence as it is a relatively major claim. This situation didn't really sound like how Yoda handles stuff, but again, I think this was due to a miscommunication on all sides, which was cleared up throughout this thread.

That's all I got

-Duv/Mace Windu

On 12/31/2018 at 5:34 PM, omegarwp said:

-support

never disrespect others

this is so badly made that even the ulx rank is incorrect

Denied

From what I am getting from this situation is that Yoda hit him three times and the stories line up, as for the player diss I will leave that to admin discretion but as for the baton abusing and what not, I do not think that this was abuse for he did not hit you an excessive amount of times